Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (40-22)

we suck again GIF

A season to remember and build on.

Secure the roster, add from the portal and let's get after their ass in 2025!

My thoughts exactly.

*Slight soap box rant moment* Stop reading here if you don’t care 😀😀

Culturally, even though soccer was my scholarship sport and the one I played post-college, I was raised on baseball and it just never leaves you. My high school is filled with great ball players from the 60s, 70s, and 80s with some names I’m sure some people who have been around would be familiar with. So I was lucky enough to play with a lot of their kids and family.

So I get a little heated over baseball both good and bad.

That being said, there have been a ton of moments that I’ve been disgusted with this program. I don’t think there is any reason Nebraska shouldn’t be good at baseball and I think the last two years have been inexcusable.

This year was not one of those years where I have been disgusted as a Nebraska baseball fan. I was very wrong about this team. With the amount of newcomers here and the loss of production I had in the back of my mind that Bolt needed a ton of things to go right that generally don’t. They proved me wrong.

Hopefully Bolt can pass the hat as successfully as it appears Hoiberg has.

We need some DUDES. Florida had them and we didn’t. If we can combine our toughness with some big time talent we’ll be playing in supers. No doubt.

I don’t think there is any reason Nebraska shouldn’t be good at baseball and I think the last two years have been inexcusable.

First off, really good post.

For me, losing what they did from 2021 - the 2022 season shouldn't surprise anyone. The offense lost dudes that combined for over 3,500 college plate appearances. The pitching staff lost their Friday (all B1G) & Saturday guy plus their All American closer. Not to mention high leverage pen arm Wynne.

A program like Nebraska, or anyone in the B1G, can't lose that kind of production and not expect a big drop off. Especially in the 2nd year of a head coach.

Noticed what we've done since. Flipped the roster to become "older". We were young in 2022 and paid dearly. 2023 isn't acceptable to me but once every 8-10 years as programs much better than us, with way more talent, miss Regionals from time to time.

2025, Regionals. It has to happen. We've got some guys coming back, much more than in 2022, - and I pray we can keep Swanny - that got a taste of the post-season. The table is set for Bolt, and I hope 1890 comes thru...

Last edited:
Bolts gotta improve his overall managerial skills or it’ll be ground hog day every year I'm afraid.

We also reaffirmed Childress is who he is at this point in time. Great developer but always runs into a time of calling too many sliders and questionable bullpen usage (all of which were the same complaints fans had at A&M among other complaints).

Another positive to take from this season, is it all could be worse. We could have had a top 10 pick lose to K state, spent $3 million on NIL and achieved the same result.

PS: Thanks @Kaladin for maintaining the baseball thread and thanks @PonyBoy for the nuggs. As always GBR!

First off, really good post.

For me, losing what they did from 2021 - the 2022 season shouldn't surprise anyone. The offense lost dudes that combined for over 3,500 college plate appearances. The pitching staff lost their Friday (all B1G) & Saturday guy plus their All American closer. Not to mention high leverage pen arm Wynne.

A program like Nebraska, or anyone in the B1G, can't lose that kind of production and not expect a big drop off. Especially in the 2nd year of a head coach.

Noticed what we've done since. Flipped the roster to become "older". We were young in 2022 and paid dearly. 2023 isn't acceptable to me but once every 8-10 years as programs much better than us, with way more talent, miss Regionals from time to time.

2025, Regionals. It has to happen. We've got some guys coming back, much more than in 2022, - and I pray we can keep Swanny - that got a taste of the post-season. The table is set for Bolt, and I hope 1890 comes thru...

I could probably find more agreement than disagreement with what you’re saying here. I am truly uninterested in looking at some of the past. 2022 and 2023 results don’t matter to me at all anymore. I wanna know where we go from here.

The difference between us and Florida was clear as day. Sears battled them nobly, but dear lord we couldn’t miss a barrel. Even the out were loud! Then the next inning they go to the bullpen and their 5-6th best pen arm is 6ft6 240 with 96 EASY gas. It would have said much more about us beating them than it does us losing. Now that’s a program in a spot that we wanna be some day. So how do we get there?

I think it starts with NIL money for some proven guys and some facilities upgrades. The baseball team should never feel like a sport that we play on an “Oh, by the way” basis.

I wanna watch baseball on Super Regional weekend with a rooting interest.

Let’s see how Dannen and 1890 treat this. I think 1.5m would do us well.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back