Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (40-22)

Wasn't he battling some pretty serious addiction problems?

Rumors around town was he was allegedly heavily into coke and all night benders and always supplied the party or picked up the tab. He dumped a lot of money into his bar in south Lincoln and had friends leave open tabs he picked up all the time.

He is still in Lincoln and his son pitched/played for Lincoln SW.

Last edited:
Rumors around town was he was allegedly heavily into coke and all night benders and always supplied the party or picked up the tab. He dumped a lot of money into his bar in south Lincoln and had friends leave open tabs he picked up all the time.

He is still in Lincoln and his son pitched/palyed for Lincoln SW.
believe son is going to Hutchinson CC

Unsure where to post this but he hit the nuke against us.

Hungry Fasting GIF

He is, and hopefully he takes the next jump then ends up in Lincoln. His arm works, super smooth, just needs that velo to tick up.
Hopefully, Nehls doesnt blow out his arm. Saw Hutch kid going to K-state throw 197 pitches in 4 days at the Region tourney.

@ShortSideOption first off, thank you for responding. The below isn't an attack on you so I hope you take it for how it's meant...

I think it's straight bullshit 1890 claims there isn't interest in Husker baseball. For them to say that tells me all I need to know of their actual interest in raising funds for the baseball program. Jerk off their buddies and fuck a sport they're not tied to.

If you can, ask them why they haven't called former NU players, either retired from ball or currently playing professionally...

Gordon - made over $125M.
Erstad - made close to $50M.
Watson - made close to $30M.
Duensing - made close to $18M.

Bummer - $5.5M salary*, with options
Meyers - $770K salary
Waldron - $740K salary
*I believe Bummer has made over $25M.

And the above doesnt include former players that didn't make anything playing ball but have done very well for themselves outside of baseball.

Schwellenbach - $1M signing bonus, paid.
Povich - $500K signing bonus, paid.

Matthews - $2.5M signing bonus, 33% paid.
Anderson - $1.4M signing bonus, 33% paid.
Olson - $460K signing bonus, 33% paid.

I don't care if the 5 recent guys drafted with Bolt as Head Coach say no. CALL THEM! Fly them in, in the off-season. It's not a short term deal here, build the fucking relationship so if 1 of them break thru you can lean on them.

We have a former NU player living in Lincoln, and he never played after college. His net worth is around $15M. Nobody, from the Athletic Department or NIL, has ever called him for a single penny. And he's pretty well known. Not for football, not for basketball, not for baseball - not for a single thing. And he's a huge Husker fan, of all sports.

Gosh damn this is so maddening.
Ya, judging by what you are saying, and what they've said to me, there's some definite issues going on. It makes zero sense to me to not have guys like Gordon or Erstad help out.

We don't typically get into specific people in terms of donations, not sure if it's a violation of privacy or they just don't like saying. For example, i've never had them verify what we have for NIL every year. IMO, if you were rolling in it you would throw it out there.

That's so interesting that we have people not even getting calls. Part of me can understand that more than willingly not taking people's money like Gordon or Erstad. Sometimes guys get lost in the mix. But it's their job to know those people.

I would say it's pretty frustrating just reading some of this stuff. They are pretty arrogant for sure, to say they have it all figured out and we are the only team that does certain things, that just can't be the case. I mean, we just needed some company to do everything for us, and Sandhills just got it all right despite not being involved in athletics at all prior?

I don't have a ton of answers. I just relay what i've been told so I don't take offense to what people say about those things. It just gets frustrating when we have a team that Bolt assembles and we possibly lose players to NIL, lose a coach due to resources, etc.

I have absolutely no insider info or connections related to 1890 or NIL donors, so this is purely what I've inferred from the themes and posts I've read over time, but the vibe I keep getting is that the 1890 leadership has a way in mind they want to do things, and a strong stubborn streak about taking much feedback, or letting anyone into the inner parts of the club if it threatens their control.

My amateur opinion is that they're not bad at what they do, but that there's some insecurity there that limits them to well short of what they could be.
Kind of spoke on this in the post above, but they are pretty sure of what they are doing. If that means we are losing out on some of the things that @PonyBoy has pointed out, then they need to be humble enough to get better there. But if they aren't accepting money from people wanting to donate, we may need completely different people in the NIL office.

Ya, judging by what you are saying, and what they've said to me, there's some definite issues going on. It makes zero sense to me to not have guys like Gordon or Erstad help out.

We don't typically get into specific people in terms of donations, not sure if it's a violation of privacy or they just don't like saying. For example, i've never had them verify what we have for NIL every year. IMO, if you were rolling in it you would throw it out there.

That's so interesting that we have people not even getting calls. Part of me can understand that more than willingly not taking people's money like Gordon or Erstad. Sometimes guys get lost in the mix. But it's their job to know those people.

I would say it's pretty frustrating just reading some of this stuff. They are pretty arrogant for sure, to say they have it all figured out and we are the only team that does certain things, that just can't be the case. I mean, we just needed some company to do everything for us, and Sandhills just got it all right despite not being involved in athletics at all prior?

I don't have a ton of answers. I just relay what i've been told so I don't take offense to what people say about those things. It just gets frustrating when we have a team that Bolt assembles and we possibly lose players to NIL, lose a coach due to resources, etc.
I’m really hoping all this stuff that’s coming out on this board is just over-reaction “the sky is falling” type stuff. Hopefully Bolt and 1890 are in the process of getting their stuff together and were just waiting until the end of the season to put it all in motion (not sure why they would wait like that though it doesn’t make a lot of sense). HOPEFULLY……

I’m really hoping all this stuff that’s coming out on this board is just over-reaction “the sky is falling” type stuff. Hopefully Bolt and 1890 are in the process of getting their stuff together and were just waiting until the end of the season to put it all in motion (not sure why they would wait like that though it doesn’t make a lot of sense). HOPEFULLY……
We will be able to see very shortly if baseball starts moving away from 1890. That would not be a good look, but almost sounds necessary for Bolt.

His dad sure did once he wen to summer ball after his freshman year 😉
I remember when we beat him in districts summer after his senior season, then the next summer he came back throwing 94 and threw a two hit shutout against us.

I remember when we beat him in districts summer after his senior season, then the next summer he came back throwing 94 and threw a two hit shutout against us.
Got on that gas, came back to legion and destroyed people, believe Nebraska saw him in Beatrice or had him play for Beatrice to check things out and had him transfer in. Can't remember how that story goes as we are pretty far removed from it (at least one house foreclosure past it for sure).

Got on that gas, came back to legion and destroyed people, believe Nebraska saw him in Beatrice or had him play for Beatrice to check things out and had him transfer in. Can't remember how that story goes as we are pretty far removed from it (at least one house foreclosure past it for sure).
He went to UNK his freshman year and then transferred to UNL.

Or are you talking about the Bruins?

He went to UNK his freshman year and then transferred to UNL.

Or are you talking about the Bruins?

Yep. My buddy’s older brother played against him when he was at Wayne and they crushed him. He really didn’t prove anything at the D2 level.

Yep. My buddy’s older brother played against him when he was at Wayne and they crushed him. He really didn’t prove anything at the D2 level.
He didn’t have his slider yet, he was all fastball curve at that point. Obviously the velocity helped but the slider is what made him.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back