Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Offensive Staff (1 Viewer)

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Our offense did about as well as all the other offenses against Cockeye. None can boast the long bomb for a TD. Why on earth we gave up 160 yards on the ground to that particular team is a head scratcher.
Kids only played a half game. They don’t deserve a bowl game. Losers mentally

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

This is the stuff that drives me crazy for a lot of reasons.

You know damn good and well that this defense is spilling machines from the DE spot.

They’re running duo with some wrappers. They’ve done this a lot this year. You know who you don’t block in Duo. The freaking corners. And you know what your pullers need to be able to do vs a spilling DE. To log his ass. None of which happened. So we don’t log the spiller. We don’t crack an interior player. While the OL gets a decent push. But once again. Like most of the year. Perimeter blocking blows.

If you don’t have them ready for this. Then what are you doing.

Also. I’m still perplexed about the German starting at LG.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member

You know damn good and well that this defense is spilling machines from the DE spot.

They’re running duo with some wrappers. They’ve done this a lot this year. You know who you don’t block in Duo. The freaking corners. And you know what your pullers need to be able to do vs a spilling DE. To log his ass. None of which happened. So we don’t log the spiller. We don’t crack an interior player. While the OL gets a decent push. But once again. Like most of the year. Perimeter blocking blows.

That play stood out to me...fucking blew my mind watching Boerk on that play. Fucking atrocious.

herbie tarlek

Linebacker

The German got his ass kicked all game and they kept putting him out there.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Can you go with them?
potato GIF

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Do me a favor. Look at Cockeye's starting defense vs Nebraska's starting offense. Tell me how many juniors and seniors started for Cockeye vs our depth chart. I'll hang up and wait. Experience matters. Phil Parker has been there how long?
This is just more than the Cockeye game. This is for the Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Maryland games as well. Was there good depth charts and 20 year experienced coordinators on those staffs as well? I would wait, but I'll just notify you.

There were not that good. In fact, some effective strategy that we're paying top notch dollar for, would have called a better scheme that would have killed some clock, gotten a few more points, and ultimately not put us in tight situations at the end of each game.

Bswain1980

Defensive Lineman
This is just more than the Cockeye game. This is for the Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Maryland games as well. Was there good depth charts and 20 year experienced coordinators on those staffs as well? I would wait, but I'll just notify you.

There were not that good. In fact, some effective strategy that we're paying top notch dollar for, would have called a better scheme that would have killed some clock, gotten a few more points, and ultimately not put us in tight situations at the end of each game.
Still a scrub offense. 3rd string QB, 3RD string RB. Multiple freshman wideouts. Youth everywhere. First and foremost, not a QB that could effectively hurt a defense keying on the run. Until we get a QB that makes a defense honest, we are fuxked.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Still a scrub offense. 3rd string QB, 3RD string RB. Multiple freshman wideouts. Youth everywhere. First and foremost, not a QB that could effectively hurt a defense keying on the run. Until we get a QB that makes a defense honest, we are fuxked.
Yes, having a QB would definitely amplify the entire offense. But a highly paid offense coordinator should be able to get more out of little.

And even then, he had a full roster in the beginning of the season where he only scored 14 points on Minnesota and barely anything on Colorado.

Bswain1980

Defensive Lineman
Yes, having a QB would definitely amplify the entire offense. But a highly paid offense coordinator should be able to get more out of little.

And even then, he had a full roster in the beginning of the season where he only scored 14 points on Minnesota and barely anything on Colorado.
Am I pleased with the offense, not at all. To judge him now is insanity. He's got to be better with situational football. That being said, what hand was he dealt? A shit hand. A hand so shitty I can't even comprehend why people are so upset. We weren't very talented and then injuries killed any cohesiveness on that side of the ball.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
It wouldn’t shock me if Rhule went after Brian Ferentz as TE/CoOC
If we are going to be forced to play in a phone booth bc of offensive talent, Ferenetz wouldnt have a schizophrenic gameplan & would help immensely with game management
We’ve underused our TEs for yrs even tho we have talent at TE. All he does is take athletic white guys & make them all Americans & all pros in the NFL

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Am I pleased with the offense, not at all. To judge him now is insanity. He's got to be better with situational football. That being said, what hand was he dealt? A shit hand. A hand so shitty I can't even comprehend why people are so upset. We weren't very talented and then injuries killed any cohesiveness on that side of the ball.
Every team has to deal with shit hands and injuries. Every offense coordinator has to deal with that.

But if your scheme and game plan is not prepped for the next guy to come in and do well, then you’re not doing your job.

Bswain1980

Defensive Lineman
Every team has to deal with shit hands and injuries. Every offense coordinator has to deal with that.

But if your scheme and game plan is not prepped for the next guy to come in and do well, then you’re not doing your job.
You can't chalk anything up to year one? Jeff Sims was what killed this season. Who owns that? Property Rhule.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
You can't chalk anything up to year one? Jeff Sims was what killed this season. Who owns that? Property Rhule.
I’m unsure of what you’re trying to argue here. One player does not make or break an offense. Several teams lose their starting QB, RB, and other starters throughout the season, but they have enough in their schemes to allow the next man step up and help to get wins.

Bswain1980

Defensive Lineman

A full roster with 1 and 2 games into his first season? Nick Saban lost a scrub game in his first season. Does anyone remember who that was? Trivia question for you all...

herbie tarlek

Linebacker
Our defense philosophy is to keep things fairly simple and play which has been pretty effective for a majority of the year but our offense is too complicated and our players don’t have any confidence in execution like defense does, they are thinking all the time, we have too many pieces of every damn offense instead of developing a scheme that has plays that build upon one another and the team can gain confidence in executing. One minute, we are running belly option next min we are running the deep drop passing game nothing flows together at all

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds