Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Offensive Staff, OC, Rhule (1 Viewer)

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
That’s cool too. I figure if you’re dead set on passing roll out and make it a run or a for sure open pass.
But you just don't do it. You're fighting to get bowl eligible. Every decision they make as an offense is magnified because of their personnel. And those type of decisions completely fuck your team. They do. You're already hamstrung enough. You can't put them in a position to fail. And that's exactly what they did. And it's a fucking travesty they did. The got into position to win the game. You kick a FG, you're up 3, and Maryland will try and just throw the ball down the field, where you can really be aggressive with what you do without the regard of a run. Tied up, now you've got to worry about both. They talk about playing complimentary football...and all of this other bullshit...then fucking do it.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
But you just don't do it. You're fighting to get bowl eligible. Every decision they make as an offense is magnified because of their personnel. And those type of decisions completely fuck your team. They do. You're already hamstrung enough. You can't put them in a position to fail. And that's exactly what they did. And it's a fucking travesty they did. The got into position to win the game. You kick a FG, you're up 3, and Maryland will try and just throw the ball down the field, where you can really be aggressive with what you do without the regard of a run. Tied up, now you've got to worry about both. They talk about playing complimentary football...and all of this other bullshit...then fucking do it.
Speak Black Woman GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why isn’t Rhule smart enough to see it? He should have told Satterfield don’t go there.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
Why isn’t Rhule smart enough to see it? He should have told Satterfield don’t go there.
It just doesn't make any sense.

Rhule has a headset and he knew that play was coming.

He didn't think it was a good idea to put his hand up in the air and say hell no? I mean jesus.

SolichFan1987

Linebacker
Elite Member
Perfectly stated

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Everyone on the offensive side, including Rhule, can go and step on a lego.

There is no excuse for an offense to be this bad.

But some will defend Rhule. Some of his decisions have been Frost like.
True will be on here on Tuesday when the dust settles defending Satt don’t worry

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
It was a terrible play call, but you guys saying Rhule is done etc are complete fucking morons - we aren’t even a season in, you have no idea what the off season will bring and oh by the way we still have two decent chances to get bowl eligible
I do think he could be in trouble with the schedule going forward if Satterfield keeps running the offense. The next two years get much tougher with the Pac 12 teams coming over. You have to score points.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
I do think he could be in trouble with the schedule going forward if Satterfield keeps running the offense. The next two years get much tougher with the Pac 12 teams coming over. You have to score points.
I agree, but that assumes the team doesn’t improve and that’s my point - the defense is much better this year, we do not know yet what the offseason will bring

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
I think some people are forgetting this is the easiest schedule we've had in forever and like you mentioned it's only going to get tougher.

Rhule is pretty much going to have to at least hit a triple this offseason because I've never seen one side of the ball need as much work and turnover as much as this offense does.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
You want to throw it on 3rd and goal. That's cool and all but that should have either been a jump ball to the back corner to Coleman or that boot action with Fidone/Kemp in the flat instead of whatever the fuck that was
Yep, you can't throw wide. But the right answer was two tight ends two backs, I formation and hand the ball off three times.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I agree, but that assumes the team doesn’t improve and that’s my point - the defense is much better this year, we do not know yet what the offseason will bring
Oh I think we can improve and still be in trouble. The schedule we had this year was so weak. If we don’t make a bowl it’s on the coaches. I didn’t expect the west to be this pathetic. Next years schedule will be quite a bit tougher and in two years from now it is a real killer.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds