Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Offensive Staff, OC, Rhule (5 Viewers)

Hotcarl

Linebacker
Elite Member
Not to ruin the party but Wisconsin got their dicks pushed in by NW yesterday and if we beat them, we are one Cockeye win from a bowl. Very doable

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just run the fucking ball. It’s that simple. Your defense has been playing well, they’ve had it put on them all year to win the game. It’s no different us up 13-10 and them having the ball with one last drive to go.
The off-season pandering to the fanbase was an embarrassing red flag. Their identity is not what they claimed it would be, and whatever they are is total dogshit.

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
My biggest gripe is the complete lack of identity on offense. Say what you will about Cockeye or Colorado but at least they have an offensive identity they can build around. We have no identity at all, I couldn’t tell you what Satt and Rhule want to do with this offense going forward.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
The off-season pandering to the fanbase was an embarrassing red flag. Their identity is not what they claimed it would be, and whatever they are is total dogshit.
Not an excuse, but I think the loss of Gabe and Rahmir really messed with them wanting to grind teams out. Heading into the season, it felt like there was always a weird vibe between Rhule and AG... and you can see that now with the little touches he gets. Gabe might not be the most shifty, but he's definitely a Big Ten back with his style of running and physicality.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Not an excuse, but I think the loss of Gabe and Rahmir really messed with them wanting to grind teams out. Heading into the season, it felt like there was always a weird vibe between Rhule and AG... and you can see that now with the little touches he gets. Gabe might not be the most shifty, but he's definitely a Big Ten back with his style of running and physicality.
That was another fuckup. EJ & Grant are much better RBs than Ervin is.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
That was another fuckup. EJ & Grant are much better RBs than Ervin is.
Grant has been cooked the last few games. All he wants to do is bounce still. I wouldn’t mind seeing Ives if they’re going to trot him back there on kickoffs.

You’re seeing the impact of no Gabe. He is the hammer back.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Grant has been cooked the last few games. All he wants to do is bounce still. I wouldn’t mind seeing Ives if they’re going to trot him back there on kickoffs.

You’re seeing the impact of no Gabe. He is the hammer back.
Probably not fair to say, but I just sense Grant has checked out.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Probably not fair to say, but I just sense Grant has checked out.
There was always just something off between he and Rhule heading into the season. Rhule publicly announcing his fumble issues before the season, his ‘suspension’ in the Spring.

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider
Not to ruin the party but Wisconsin got their dicks pushed in by NW yesterday and if we beat them, we are one Cockeye win from a bowl. Very doable
Yep and Illinois beats Cockeye next week. Thus making the game black Friday for the chance to get raw dogged by Michigan or tOSU in the title game.

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
With three minutes left in the game, a field goal almost a certainty…and that FG could win you the game…you load up the I and run the ball 3 times. Unless you are Satterfield of course. Satterfield thought it was a good idea to have your third string QB who had not played all season to chuck it up and see what happens. Complete lunacy. He cannot and will not commit to the run when we don’t have an accurate passer. At times, it is like Callahan his first year.

Satterfield is not a good OC, he is not a good QB coach. If Rhule thought it was a good idea to ‘be aggressive’ and not to play for the win (and that is not the same as playing not to lose), then he needs to be held accountable too. He should know better. It would be good for the local media to ask the tough questions, but they won’t.

I like Rhule. He can get us back to where we need to be…but there are some red flags.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds