Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Offensive Staff, OC, Rhule (1 Viewer)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
So all the fumbles and interceptions had nothing to do with it eh?
You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
This fan base does love to eat its own.

I do agree that Satterfield’s window keeps getting smaller and smaller. I don’t know why they continue to hitch their wagon on trying to fit a square peg in a round hole in throwing the ball. Seemed like at the game some of the route concepts were extremely piss poor and routes were bleeding into one another.

The QB run game seemed effective today (Sims just needed to eat that play when he fumbled; Maryland’s defense won that play and just live to see another day). They talked all week about Coleman’s blocking and he struggled on the perimeter in that aspect today.

Do we know what happened to Peetz and why his hire fell through? Wonder how different the offense would look like if he was on this staff.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
The QB run game seemed effective today (Sims just needed to eat that play when he fumbled; Maryland’s defense won that play and just live to see another day). They talked all week about Coleman’s blocking and he struggled on the perimeter in that aspect today.
Sims needs to run where the play is designed on that. And not run where counter is not designed to run.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Sims needs to run where the play is designed on that. And not run where counter is not designed to run.
Oh 100% agreed; he just needed to eat it.

Also - I know it wasn’t the right play call… but was that last INT on Purdy or Coleman? From my seats at the game (opposite end zone), I thought it was intended to Kemp. Watching the replay, looks like it was actually to Coleman, who stopped his route?

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

Also - I know it wasn’t the right play call… but was that last INT on Purdy or Coleman? From my seats at the game (opposite end zone), I thought it was intended to Kemp. Watching the replay, looks like it was actually to Coleman, who stopped his route?
Something looked off there on TV as well, but I think he was going to Kemp. Rhule stated in the presser the DB came off the WR corner route.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Tony White is as good as gone to USC. Satt, by virtue of having no other suitors, will be back to tear it up next year. And by it, I mean our bowl chances. Deny it if you want but that's Nebraska football baby.
The scary thing is the chances of a defense not being led by White and an offense still led by Satterfield is a real possibility in 2024.

Definitely not winning over the fan base in 2024 if that’s the case.

Furthermore, they’re clearly gonna pin their hopes on a transfer QB and we all know their ability to identify QB portal talent is very suspect

The offense is the definition of insanity right now. Keep trying the same thing expecting different results. Rhule needs to nut up, admit some mistakes, and make some wholesale changes on offense.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

Not sure, will have to look.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
The scary thing is the chances of a defense not being led by White and an offense still led by Satterfield is a real possibility in 2024.

Definitely not winning over the fan base in 2024 if that’s the case.

Furthermore, they’re clearly gonna pin their hopes on a transfer QB and we all know their ability to identify QB portal talent is very suspect

The offense is the definition of insanity right now. Keep trying the same thing expecting different results. Rhule needs to nut up, admit some mistakes, and make some wholesale changes on offense.
Cmon man. Your right but shit

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

It kind of looks like Coleman did a shitty job getting off the LOS and was supposed to be farther in his route by the time it was thrown

but at the same time even without that Kemp wasn't really open and ran a shitty route. honestly the whole play looks like a clusterfuck

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It kind of looks like Coleman did a shitty job getting off the LOS and was supposed to be farther in his route by the time it was thrown

but at the same time even without that Kemp wasn't really open and ran a shitty route. honestly the whole play looks like a clusterfuck

Looking at this, Rhule's explanation was not correct in the presser. That angle looks like it was intended for Coleman. The other replay angle shown on the broadcast behind the quarterback looks like he just threw to Kemp into a crowd.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds