Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NU Regents Vote: 5-14-2024 AND 11-5-2024 (1 Viewer)

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Anyone here in a good standing to run for office? Let’s get one of our own there!

yall will probably either hate me or call me insane but I thought about running for a few different positions this year but never pull the trigger. I kinda wanna get into politics but cant public speak.

Legislation and policy intrigue me.

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

I'm kidding, I'm probably the last person you want holding any type of public office. But surely we can find some people in this state that know what they're doing.
The first mistake is calling the BOR members politicians. What they do should have nothing to do with the government. They're more similar to board members for a publicly traded company.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
The first mistake is calling the BOR members politicians. What they do should have nothing to do with the government. They're more similar to board members for a publicly traded company.
Sounds like you’re the man for the job then!

Elquesogrande68

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m fairly surprised at the “qualifications” of some of the people the state has voted to put in charge of the U of N system. 🤔. This is a business and not a charity or club.

There are a few on the BOR that make sense but man there are some head scratchers in there. One of whom has a bio that reads like a laundry list of political activities. All of that is to say that I can see a number of them taking a stance on a topic based on a ‘principle’ and too naive to see the obvious bigger picture.

For example, voting against further investment in athletics BECAUSE the U is running a $53m deficit. It is an academic institution after all! And how can we spend that much on sports while academics are suffering?

If ever there was an example of the tail wagging the dog, college football is the best one. Like the vast majority of universities, UofN’s success and financial stability is hugely influenced by athletics, TV rights, licensing, etc. ….not the other way around. While one can’t survive without the other, athletics plays a far bigger role in their mutual survival.

Im confident a few members of our BOR have misguided beliefs that academics are what is driving the direction of the University.

It’s upside down from a principled perspective, but it’s fact. The BOR need to do everything they can to make athletics successful here as it will attract enrollment and $. See Alabama as my test case. Research it. The facts are all there.

Last edited:

Husker15

Linebacker
I’m fairly surprised at the “qualifications” of some of the people the state has voted to put in charge of the U of N system. 🤔. This is a business and not a charity or club.

There are a few on the BOR that make sense but man there are some head scratchers in there. One of whom has a bio that reads like a laundry list of political activities. All of that is to say that I can see a number of them taking a stance on a topic based on a ‘principle’ and too naive to see the obvious bigger picture.

For example, voting against further investment in athletics BECAUSE the U is running a $53m deficit. It is an academic institution after all! And how can we spend that much on sports while academics are suffering?

If ever there was an example of the tail wagging the dog, college football is the best one. Like the vast majority of universities, UofN’s success and financial stability is hugely influenced by athletics, TV rights, licensing, etc. ….not the other way around. While one can’t survive without the other, athletics plays a far bigger role in their mutual survival.

Im confident a few members of our BOR have misguided beliefs that academics are what is driving the direction of the University.

It’s upside down from a principled perspective, but it’s fact. The BOT need to do everything they can to make athletics successful here as it will attract enrollment and $. See Alabama as my test case. Research it. The facts are all there.
What votes were made against athletic investment?

Elquesogrande68

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
What votes were made against athletic investment?
one cited example. Listen to Jim rose’s podcast from this morning, simply titled “Turd” at about the 3:40 mark and going until about 3:53. If not voted against, willfully not supporting?

dom91932

Cornerback
Elite Member

It’s upside down from a principled perspective, but it’s fact. The BOR need to do everything they can to make athletics successful here as it will attract enrollment and $. See Alabama as my test case. Research it. The facts are all there.
Alabama is the perfect example.

Husker15

Linebacker
one cited example. Listen to Jim rose’s podcast from this morning, simply titled “Turd” at about the 3:40 mark and going until about 3:53. If not voted against, willfully not supporting?
I assume this was in regards to the stadium project? That whole thing seemed rushed and he should have received pushback

Husker15

Linebacker

Board is split 4-4 on who to pick between Jeffrey Gold (UNMC Chancellor) and Bryan Sloane (NE Chamber Pres)

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds