Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NU Regents Vote: 5-14-2024 AND 11-5-2024 (2 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pillen just released a statement throwing shade/passing the buck at University leadership.

Uh, isn't it the Regents job to find a President?

Someone explain this to me like I'm 5.
What was the statement and also that's hogwash. I mean idk if it is but if Pillen is involved so are pig puns

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Pillen just released a statement throwing shade/passing the buck at University leadership.

Uh, isn't it the Regents job to find a President?

Someone explain this to me like I'm 5.

What was the statement and also that's hogwash. I mean idk if it is but if Pillen is involved so are pig puns

Pil

Pillen, famously, not a regent.

Mind posting the statement?
Said Pillen in a statement:

“The University of Nebraska has existed as an institution for more than a century and a half. It is immeasurably bigger than any one person. But leadership matters, and the long-term success of our University depends immensely on having committed public servants as its leaders.

“I am deeply disappointed by Turd Alberts’ decision to leave so soon after restating his commitment to Nebraska and I don’t fully understand or know his reasons why. I do know that the time for reflecting on the failures of University leadership, which led to his decision, must come later. Now is the time to act.

“This morning, I am issuing a call to action to the University of Nebraska Board of Regents. It has been 206 days since Ted Carter announced his departure as president. It is unacceptable that the University’s elected leaders have failed during this time to appoint permanent leadership.

“It is imperative that they act urgently and decisively to end this uncertainty. Without any delay, they should support Interim President Chris Kabourek’s efforts to immediately appoint a new permanent athletic director.”

I have a hard time disagreeing that being without a university president for 7 months reflects pretty poorly on the BoR.

Scott Hall

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Can someone explain to me like I’m 5 why the regents would really give two fucks about a self sufficient AD other than approving huge spending projects like the new football offices/lockerroom/etc or the stadium remodel.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pil

Pillen, famously, not a regent.

Mind posting the statement?

I cannot find the written version, but also have limited time to look it up. They verbally delivered the message on 1620 earlier this morning.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
Said Pillen in a statement:

“The University of Nebraska has existed as an institution for more than a century and a half. It is immeasurably bigger than any one person. But leadership matters, and the long-term success of our University depends immensely on having committed public servants as its leaders.

“I am deeply disappointed by Turd Alberts’ decision to leave so soon after restating his commitment to Nebraska and I don’t fully understand or know his reasons why. I do know that the time for reflecting on the failures of University leadership, which led to his decision, must come later. Now is the time to act.

“This morning, I am issuing a call to action to the University of Nebraska Board of Regents. It has been 206 days since Ted Carter announced his departure as president. It is unacceptable that the University’s elected leaders have failed during this time to appoint permanent leadership.

“It is imperative that they act urgently and decisively to end this uncertainty. Without any delay, they should support Interim President Chris Kabourek’s efforts to immediately appoint a new permanent athletic director.”

I have a hard time disagreeing that being without a university president for 7 months reflects pretty poorly on the BoR.

Thanks, I couldn't find it and knee deep in the middle of a work project. :cool:

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Number 1 suspect currently. Douglas County is a big red flag. Also says that "She ran for the Board in 2018, because of her passion to make higher education affordable to all Nebraskans."

🚨LIB WOMAN DETECTED🚨

No way we can get swimtown to give her the boot though. We are fucked.

View attachment 34886
Not the regent I often run into. But Have past connection with Liz. She is not part of the problem.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
Not the regent I often run into. But Have past connection with Liz. She is not part of the problem.

Good to know.

To be fair, @Poor_and_Stupid sort of admitted that in a separate post, when he said "don't take anything I say seriously"

Personally, I tend to believe that "generally speaking" more of the issues lie with unmotivated older Regents - or those that have been a Regent for multiple terms. And I'm old, so before anyone gets pissed about me calling out old people...

@jw3 said Clare had been a Regent for 16 years IIRC. I also recall negative connotations being associated with Clare over the years. i.e. control and wanting things to be the way they were. Regents need to move the fuck on as appropriate. Everyone on the BOR needs to be pulling in the right direction.

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
Good to know.

To be fair, @Poor_and_Stupid sort of admitted that in a separate post, when he said "don't take anything I say seriously"

Personally, I tend to believe that "generally speaking" more of the issues lie with unmotivated older Regents - or those that have been a Regent for multiple terms. And I'm old, so before anyone gets pissed about me calling out old people...

@jw3 said Clare had been a Regent for 16 years IIRC. I also recall negative connotations being associated with Clare over the years. i.e. control and wanting things to be the way they were. Regents need to move the fuck on as appropriate. Everyone on the BOR needs to be pulling in the right direction.
Shit I’d be in favor of banning attorneys from holding public office altogether…..Clare would be a good start though

jw3

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Good to know.

should be a 8-10 year limit on pretty much any public office including BOR. these old fuckers just love to sit in these spots for decades for their own clout or they use it as a personal grift. GTFO.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Anyone here in a good standing to run for office? Let’s get one of our own there!
yall will probably either hate me or call me insane but I thought about running for a few different positions this year but never pull the trigger. I kinda wanna get into politics but cant public speak.

Legislation and policy intrigue me.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
yall will probably either hate me or call me insane but I thought about running for a few different positions this year but never pull the trigger. I kinda wanna get into politics but cant public speak.

Legislation and policy intrigue me.
So you could have prevented this..?
the league television GIF by hero0fwar

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
Anyone here in a good standing to run for office? Let’s get one of our own there!

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

I'm kidding, I'm probably the last person you want holding any type of public office. But surely we can find some people in this state that know what they're doing.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds