Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NU President Ted Carter On Frost (1 Viewer)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

No decision has been made on Scott Frost’s future as Nebraska football coach, NU President Ted Carter said on Wednesday.
But Carter added the “direction of the program” would be addressed in the coming weeks.
“I don’t want to get too far ahead of our skis right now,” Carter said. “I don’t think it will be too, too far down the road that you’re going to know which direction the program is going to go.
“I can tell you this: No decision has been made.”

Asked if any decision on Frost would be up to Athletic Director Turd Alberts, Carter said, “We hired Turd as the athletic director. He’s a critical part of it. Ronnie (Green, chancellor) is in there. I’m in there. We’ll be part of it at the end of the day. Nothing gets done without some level of consensus.”

Carter added, “I’ve followed Scott for a long time, knew him when he was at UCF. I pull for him. I know Nebraskans love the guy. We just want to see Scott do well. That’s the bottom line.

“They (Nebraska) play tough to the team they’re playing. They just need to cut down on the mistakes and get into the win column.”

Last edited:

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
disappointed_soccer_coach-626x344.gif

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

No decision has been made on Scott Frost’s future as Nebraska football coach, NU President Ted Carter said on Wednesday.
But Carter added the “direction of the program” would be addressed in the coming weeks.
“I don’t want to get too far ahead of our skis right now,” Carter said. “I don’t think it will be too, too far down the road that you’re going to know which direction the program is going to go.
“I can tell you this: No decision has been made.”

Asked if any decision on Frost would be up to Athletic Director Turd Alberts, Carter said, “We hired Turd as the athletic director. He’s a critical part of it. Ronnie (Green, chancellor) is in there. I’m in there. We’ll be part of it at the end of the day. Nothing gets done without some level of consensus.”

Carter added, “I’ve followed Scott for a long time, knew him when he was at UCF. I pull for him. I know Nebraskans love the guy. We just want to see Scott do well. That’s the bottom line.

“They (Nebraska) play tough to the team they’re playing. They just need to cut down on the mistakes and get into the win column.”

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
I hate that I love a coaching search. I really like the assistant coaching search

I think we only potentially love it b/c a coaching search at this time means possible new life for the program.

I think we would all hate a coaching search if/when we have a successful coach who leaves for perceived greener pastures.

JankTheTank

Linebacker
Elite Member
There is another bye week after the OSU game. It may make sense to do then rather than wait until the end of November.

I was initially supporting waiting until the end of the season, but losing this weekend kills bowl eligibility. It would make sense if they said they had discussions on expectations and it was bowl game at minimum. Plus I honestly can’t imagine another bye week with a loss, potentially a beat down, and everyone just sitting there while other coaches around the county are shown the door over the next two weeks and other programs officially get a jump on coaching season.

Next week might be a good time to just make a break and put Chin in at interim. The players are playing for less if they lose this weekend anyway. It gives them a free week to absorb the change before getting back to work. Losing the head coach shouldn’t matter much when nothing else is on the line. Plus Turd and Co can stop worrying about doing things in the shadows when the vacancy light officially turns on.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds