Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking New President Announced - Dr. Jeff Gold (1 Viewer)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Isn't this the guy who Turd wanted?

Isn't Dr. Gold the guy Turd "piece of shit backstabber" Alberts wanted for the prez position? If so, HAHA take that, Turd motherfucker.
Mike'L Severe said Turd wanted Gold. I also saw 2 different people say Turd hated Gold from his UNO days, and that the main reason Turd left was that the guy he wanted for president didn't make the shortlist. So IDK. Would be interested to hear more if any of our insdehers can add context.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Mike'L Severe said Turd wanted Gold. I also saw 2 different people say Turd hated Gold from his UNO days, and that the main reason Turd left was that the guy he wanted for president didn't make the shortlist. So IDK. Would be interested to hear more if any of our insdehers can add context.
As long as the douche waffle leaker doesn’t immediately get it out on Discord I would love to hear it.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Has the looks of a guy who can give someone a stern talking to. Also looks like a guy who was probably pushed into a locker or two back in the day. I'm N.

about-index-gold.jpg

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Has the looks of a guy who can give someone a stern talking to. Also looks like a guy who was probably pushed into a locker or two back in the day. I'm N.

about-index-gold.jpg
If I remember correctly he seemed like the normal awkward engineer type. Probably won't be shooting the shit with HCMR or riding around the stadium on a motorcycle. What's he's done at UNMC is very Impressive though.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
If I remember correctly he seemed like the normal awkward engineer type. Probably won't be shooting the shit with HCMR or riding around the stadium on a motorcycle. What's he's done at UNMC is very Impressive though.
I’m guessing the best case scenario for us as fans is that we don’t hear anything about him. The only time we should hear from him is when they do those stupid radio shows on game days that nobody actually cares about.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
He's more impressive than our actual chancellor. I think the new one has a short contract. Could see Gold taking over his job in a couple years.

trueluk

Bench Warmer
The info I heard from my source in the department is that Turd expected Gold to be the next president. Whether or not that’s related to his move to A&M, I have no idea.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well, nice to see it takes something major to happen to get them to pull their heads out of their ass and get something done.
Hard to argue Turd’s departure didn’t have something to do with the delay. But I believe this is the fastest a university president has been hired out of the last several.

Has me thinking that argument is low hanging fruit. Turd just wanted to build big things and be left alone for a bit before getting a national level leadership position.

Kazman5k

Cornerback
Elite Member
Hard to argue Turd’s departure didn’t have something to do with the delay. But I believe this is the fastest a university president has been hired out of the last several.

Has me thinking that argument is low hanging fruit. Turd just wanted to build big things and be left alone for a bit before getting a national level leadership position.
Ya it’s becoming more and more clear that leadership was not the boogie man it was made out to be. Turd allowed some of that already present public sentiment to shield him from some of the blame of his departure (it should have been entirely on him)

Husker1

Defensive Lineman
How the fuck did we go from leadership issues to two pretty awesome hires in 24 hours
Because it’s easy for people to lazily lob stones at leadership without attempting to understand the nuances and complexities of higher ed admin. Just say “I don’t know what the hell they’re doing up there…they need a top to bottom change” and people will grunt along in agreement. The fact is that like them or not, the university system’s leadership moved effectively here

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds