Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

University of Nebraska President (1 Viewer)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
tOSU Athletic Director thread made me think of Ted Carter resigning and how the President search is going.

Do we know who's on the short list for President? Considering Rhule will now report directly to the President I'd say this is a critical hire for the University system.

***EDIT*** per @Stan Raymond Turd reports directly to the President now (as opposed to the Chancellor), and Rhule reports to Turd. Still a critical hire.

INTERIM:

Latest update I could find

Last edited:

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wait Rhule doesn’t report till Turd? When did this happen?

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
"We are looking for a person with Presidential experience who can sell shitty buildings and fire entire departments in order to make a profit." -- UNL Regents

Jul-18-2016%2022-26-44.gif

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Pollen is trying to use his connection in the regents to influence the hire. It’s not unknown that Carter and him butted heads.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pollen is trying to use his connection in the regents to influence the hire. It’s not unknown that Carter and him butted heads.
Pillen and his Tradition Coalition cronies have been such a pain in the ass for our university. Tired of that crowd trying to control things while making it so connected people can profit or increase their power through our University. ANd we wonder why we haven't won jack shit in Men's sports since TO retired as a Coach. The same group of boosters and connected people have tried calling the shots.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Wait Rhule doesn’t report till Turd? When did this happen?
Rhule doesn't report to the President. Rhule reports to Turd, Turd reports to the President. Turd used to report to the UNL Chancellor, like all other ADs report to their respective Chancellors and not the University system President. Not a move that I was in favor of.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
Pillen and his Tradition Coalition cronies have been such a pain in the ass for our university. Tired of that crowd trying to control things while making it so connected people can profit or increase their power through our University. ANd we wonder why we haven't won jack shit in Men's sports since TO retired as a Coach. The same group of boosters and connected people have tried calling the shots.
This post makes my glad I started this thread.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Gonna need someone with big balls to make the tough calls as we approach 18 years after the great recession

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Callahan thought moving the AD under the President was such a great move because Carter was great for the football team. I didn't think it was a great move because Carter won't always be there. It should have stayed under the UNL Chancellor in my opinion. UNK AD and UNO ADs report to their respective Chancellor at their campuses.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Callahan thought moving the AD under the President was such a great move because Carter was great for the football team. I didn't think it was a great move because Carter won't always be there. It should have stayed under the UNL Chancellor in my opinion. UNK AD and UNO ADs report to their respective Chancellor at their campuses.
I don't mind removing a layer of bureaucracy between the President and Nebraska AD. The President is the person who is most connected to the conference TV deals, scheduling, etc. so it only makes sense to link that to the other most influential person in Nebraska sports as closely as possible, imo.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
I don't mind removing a layer of bureaucracy between the President and Nebraska AD. The President is the person who is most connected to the conference TV deals, scheduling, etc. so it only makes sense to link that to the other most influential person in Nebraska sports as closely as possible, imo.
Didn't use to be, chancellor of UNL use to be that person, the change made the President that person. Ronnie Green was on the Big Ten Council of Presidents and Chancellors as UNL Chancellor before the rule changed.

Mostly it made the Regents a step closer to the football team, at least that's what I thought was the underlying reason. Sometimes that layer of bureaucracy is a layer of insulation to keep the Regents from screwing things up.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Didn't use to be, chancellor of UNL use to be that person, the change made the President that person. Ronnie Green was on the Big Ten Council of Presidents and Chancellors as UNL Chancellor before the rule changed.

Mostly it made the Regents a step closer to the football team, at least that's what I thought was the underlying reason.
Oh I did not know that. I assumed Carter was the point man and had been, but I guess assumptions really do make an ass out of people

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
The regent I know is in a constant battle with his clique. But often feels like it’s a losing battle

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
The regent I know is in a constant battle with his clique. But often feels like it’s a losing battle
Claire, Pillen, Hausman, Bruning....... and the rest of those influencial players drive me nuts. My aunt was a Political Fundraiser for decades so tries to buddy up to anyone with power and/or money in the state of Nebraska. She knows them all quite well. She's told me about the crap they have been pulling since TO retired as a coach. So much bullshit with them all scratching each others back. Tired of the Nepotism and interference that they have run with coaches & AD's that they don't like. Too many people putting their pocketbooks or greed for power in front of the success of our athletic department.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Claire, Pillen, Hausman, Bruning....... and the rest of those influencial players drive me nuts. My aunt was a Political Fundraiser for decades so tries to buddy up to anyone with power and/or money in the state of Nebraska. She knows them all quite well. She's told me about the crap they have been pulling since TO retired as a coach. So much bullshit with them all scratching each others back. Tired of the Nepotism and interference that they have run with coaches & AD's that they don't like. Too many people putting their pocketbooks or greed for power in front of the success of our athletic department.
That's why I want the Regents as far away from the AD as they can get.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
Any other Admirals or Generals that were part of the AFA or West Point? Batting 2 for 2 would be close to impossible.

Maybe Jeb Bush is available.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds