Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting (6 Viewers)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Best selling truck 40 something years in a row. That’s all I’ve got haha.
And the Ram is technically a Fiat
nw9cJ.gif

I don't think it matters. Best deal.

I'm kind of in this zip code. There are things I like & dislike about each of the brands. I've set a hard # in my head and I'm just trying to get as many features, lowest model year, and lowest mileage deal that I can. Beyond NOT wanting another black vehicle (the Jag is black, but it's small and easier to wash-n-wax than a full sized pickemup truck), my only real "must have's" are a backup camera, Bluetooth & Apple CarPlay, and heated seats & mirrors. I like my "boys" to stay warm in the winter. :cool:

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
nw9cJ.gif

I'm kind of in this zip code. There are things I like & dislike about each of the brands. I've set a hard # in my head and I'm just trying to get as many features, lowest model year, and lowest mileage deal that I can. Beyond NOT wanting another black vehicle (the Jag is black, but it's small and easier to wash-n-wax than a full sized pickemup truck), my only real "must have's" are a backup camera, Bluetooth & Apple CarPlay, and heated seats & mirrors. I like my "boys" to stay warm in the winter. :cool:
All of that besides heated seats have been pretty standard for a little while. Shouldn't be tough filling that list of criteria.

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Powerful & persuasive argument, Brother G. You’ve swayed me.

Ford is my first pick. I know the other 2 have came a long ways, but the room/space in a ford 4 door pickup was superior to the others for years. Loved the 3.5 EcoBoost in our king ranch.

Dodge would definitely be my second choice. If I had to go half ton, I'd pick the 4 cylinder Cummins diesel and run the shit out of farm fuel. (have a friend with one, he says highway fuel mileage is in incredible)

The new chevys are a cosmetic abortion. Just a complete dog shit looking exterior.

Like another guy said, dealership/service plays a big role in why I chose Ford as well. No BS, if you're thinking about a F150, call Honeyman Ford in Seneca KS and price one, and price one at all your local dealers. I bet they beat anyone in Omaha.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ford is my first pick. I know the other 2 have came a long ways, but the room/space in a ford 4 door pickup was superior to the others for years. Loved the 3.5 EcoBoost in our king ranch.

Dodge would definitely be my second choice. If I had to go half ton, I'd pick the 4 cylinder Cummins diesel and run the shit out of farm fuel. (have a friend with one, he says highway fuel mileage is in incredible)

The new chevys are a cosmetic abortion. Just a complete dog shit looking exterior.

Like another guy said, dealership/service plays a big role in why I chose Ford as well. No BS, if you're thinking about a F150, call Honeyman Ford in Seneca KS and price one, and price one at all your local dealers. I bet they beat anyone in Omaha.
We drove the F150 yesterday. You're not kidding about the room inside - the back seat was cavernous. But to me the steering (on the one I drove) seemed spongy and somewhat unresponsive. The ride was a bit smoother than the Dodge Ram, but I thought the Dodge steering was tighter. It felt like I pointed it right into the parking spot back at the dealership when coming back from the test drive, and it felt like I kept spinning and spinning the F-150 steering wheel to get it into place. It might have been unique to those two vehicles, but those were the models I was making the decision on, so I gotta role with my experiences there.

I'll do a little online searching on your dealership in Seneca, KS to see what they've got in inventory that's of interest to me. Appreciate the heads up on that.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
All of that besides heated seats have been pretty standard for a little while. Shouldn't be tough filling that list of criteria.
For US manufacturers its pretty standard. Looking at some of the Jap models (online only), it seems to be a mixed back on the Apple CarPlay. That shouldn't be a deal breaker, but its a pretty neat feature to have if you're an iPhone user.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
For US manufacturers its pretty standard. Looking at some of the Jap models (online only), it seems to be a mixed back on the Apple CarPlay. That shouldn't be a deal breaker, but its a pretty neat feature to have if you're an iPhone user.
I have a Samsung. Mine has android auto which I assume is the same thing. It is nice.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
Who are we still missing that was active/semi active in MLPFC? Kinish for sure, maybe a few others

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
And @GodIsAHusker. He might come out of retirement (new parenthood) to waste a little time here. I miss @Joseph_Dirte, too. Is McGiblets on here or no?
Have you talked to godisahusker since he left the boards?

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG

I left him my cell in a DM after he announced he was leaving but never heard a word. I imagine the past 9 months was tough on him and the in laws hotel business.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Did he quit rivals altogether or just the scrolls?
IIRC. he was @bant from RSS, but walked away voluntarily from tMB to focus his time on the new fam. #RespectHisDecision

No, I haven't talked with him, but I'll drop him an email today and let him know about tPB. His call if he shows up (I hope he does - I miss his geopolitical breakdowns and his maps).

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
IIRC. he was @bant from RSS, but walked away voluntarily from tMB to focus his time on the new fam. #RespectHisDecision

No, I haven't talked with him, but I'll drop him an email today and let him know about tPB. His call if he shows up (I hope he does - I miss his geopolitical breakdowns and his maps).
Wow I’m suprised a respected mod like LJH got bant

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds