Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting (6 Viewers)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Since it was bumped just a pizza comment. There was a place in Huntington Beach that was called Hemp Pizza. Not sure what they were implying but I can guarantee you'd get fat before you'd get high. They gone now just like the MLPFC. See how i tied the original thread theme in?
A buddy and I flew out to CA to move my sister and her husband back to Nebraska from Huntington Beach in the mid-80's after my BIL wrapped up his Oral Surgery residency at UCLA Harbor Med Center. The house they were living in had been set aside for one lucky intern for many, many years by a former program graduate who wanted to make sure at least one lucky person had reasonable housing accommodations during their residency out there.

As we were prepping to move their stuff out, the word came down to "don't bother cleaning and take whatever you want". We weren't sure what that meant until we were about 1/2 way through loading the moving truck on departure day. We noticed more and more construction workers & equipment gathering as we loaded the final pieces into the truck. As we pulled out of the driveway, they started up the bulldozers and mowed it to the ground. I guess they decided a 4-plex was the "highest and best use" of that land.

That's my one & only Huntington Beach memory.

One weird Huntington Beach related side story (since it's a shitposting thread): my sister and BIL used to watch "Wheel of Fortune" at night. My mom would watch it in NE (two hours earlier), then phone my sister with the puzzle answers prior to my BIL getting home. Since there was almost always a "bet" on who could solve the puzzles (we're a very competitive family), my sister managed to bilk my BIL out of a lot of "you do the laundry for a week" or 'we're eating out for dinner vs. cooking at home" wagers during their time there.

This came to a screeching halt when my sister had her first child and my Mom flew out to CA to help with the new baby:

BIL - "You're not going to believe how good your daughter is at "Wheel of Fortune". We really need to get her onto the game as a contestant while we're out here. She'd clean up!"
Mom (looking at my sister): 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 "OMG - he FELL FOR IT? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hey @Woodrow F Call - Looks like the bottom is falling out of crop prices. WTF is going on?

Funds were way over bought, simple as that really. Significant amount of profit taking and cant blame them, I got out way to soon but overall I'm pretty pleased with how I marketed corn this year. I got way too nervous on soybeans and would love to have the chance to do that one over. Dust in the wind now. If it's a true la niña year and as short as the world is on corn stocks, 2021 should be favorable to prices come harvest. Still lots of positives in the news that are friendly corn/soybeans outside of the recent futures

I've got waaaaay too many cattle that aren't hedged currently, but bought so favorably on the front end that its gonna be boom, or basically enough to keep me going another turn wondering why.

hope that explains it well enough from this dumb pharmer.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Funds were way over bought, simple as that really. Significant amount of profit taking and cant blame them, I got out way to soon but overall I'm pretty pleased with how I marketed corn this year. I got way too nervous on soybeans and would love to have the chance to do that one over. Dust in the wind now. If it's a true la niña year and as short as the world is on corn stocks, 2021 should be favorable to prices come harvest. Still lots of positives in the news that are friendly corn/soybeans outside of the recent futures

I've got waaaaay too many cattle that aren't hedged currently, but bought so favorably on the front end that its gonna be boom, or basically enough to keep me going another turn wondering why.

You misspelled “dum”, son..... 😘

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG

Y'all are professional gamblers that grow things. I'm just glad you're salting away enough Benjamins for beer money & used pickup trucks.

Hope the Mrs. is doing well and you've got fewer trips to the Med Center in 2021 and beyond, amigo.

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
Farming shit posting is always encouraged.

Random question, but is krup/fake krup on tPB?

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
A buddy and I flew out to CA to move my sister and her husband back to Nebraska from Huntington Beach in the mid-80's after my BIL wrapped up his Oral Surgery residency at UCLA Harbor Med Center. The house they were living in had been set aside for one lucky intern for many, many years by a former program graduate who wanted to make sure at least one lucky person had reasonable housing accommodations during their residency out there.

As we were prepping to move their stuff out, the word came down to "don't bother cleaning and take whatever you want". We weren't sure what that meant until we were about 1/2 way through loading the moving truck on departure day. We noticed more and more construction workers & equipment gathering as we loaded the final pieces into the truck. As we pulled out of the driveway, they started up the bulldozers and mowed it to the ground. I guess they decided a 4-plex was the "highest and best use" of that land.

That's my one & only Huntington Beach memory.

One weird Huntington Beach related side story (since it's a shitposting thread): my sister and BIL used to watch "Wheel of Fortune" at night. My mom would watch it in NE (two hours earlier), then phone my sister with the puzzle answers prior to my BIL getting home. Since there was almost always a "bet" on who could solve the puzzles (we're a very competitive family), my sister managed to bilk my BIL out of a lot of "you do the laundry for a week" or 'we're eating out for dinner vs. cooking at home" wagers during their time there.

This came to a screeching halt when my sister had her first child and my Mom flew out to CA to help with the new baby:

BIL - "You're not going to believe how good your daughter is at "Wheel of Fortune". We really need to get her onto the game as a contestant while we're out here. She'd clean up!"
Mom (looking at my sister): 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 "OMG - he FELL FOR IT? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Huntington Beach is a pretty fun place. Anywhere the city fathers refer to their town as "Surf City" has to be pretty hip right? The hidden gem is a bit farther up the coast in Seal Beach south of Long Beach. It has a pier as well and the shopping district is right on the beach. But if you look down Main St. away from the beach it looks just like any little Nebraska town. Kind of sleepy and we like it that way.

There were so many relocated Midwesterners out here that came in the '30s and after WW2 that you used to get that feel especially in Orange County and Long Beach. Glendale used to have the huge Californians for Nebraska HQ there and the local radio station broadcast all the Husker games. Now it's mostly an Armenian city. Long Beach had so many Iowans it was referred to as Des Moines with an ocean breeze or Iowas only seaport. A lot of immigration from Mexico has changed all that.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Any of you bundles of sticks have an opinion of the brand of a pickup truck? Looking ahead to moving my Dad out of his house this spring and relocating to AZ, and it's really hard to haul anything of significance in a Jaguar XK convertible, so ... I want/need a truck. Looking at low mileage used trucks, and have test driven (so far) Chevy, Ford and Dodge Rams - all in the 1500 series (all I really need).

It may sound a little crazy, but so far, I'm digging the Dodge Ram the best. eFight me.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Any of you bundles of sticks have an opinion of the brand of a pickup truck? Looking ahead to moving my Dad out of his house this spring and relocating to AZ, and it's really hard to haul anything of significance in a Jaguar XK convertible, so ... I want/need a truck. Looking at low mileage used trucks, and have test driven (so far) Chevy, Ford and Dodge Rams - all in the 1500 series (all I really need).

It may sound a little crazy, but so far, I'm digging the Dodge Ram the best. eFight me.
Ford for sure

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds