Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting (9 Viewers)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Fire away
Well, let's do something "useful". Here’s a fantastic Hot Wing recipe from LSU Mark from tMB:

Ingredients
  • 2-3 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped (leaves seeds for spicier marinade)
  • 3-4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (I leave seeds)
  • 3-4 serranno peppers, seeded and chopped (I leave seeds)
  • 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
  • 2-5 good squeezes of honey
  • 4 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 -2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 scallions, chopped
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 2-3 fresh limes juiced
  • 2 fresh oranges juiced
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 3 pounds chicken wings

Directions

Combine the habanero, japs/serrano peppers, soy sauce, honey, both sugars, cayenne, red pepper, thyme, ginger, garlic and scallions in a blender. Add the vinegar, lime juice and orange juice and blend until smooth.

Place the wings in a large resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over them. Seal and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours (don't shorten - at least 4 hours).

Heat grill on high and get it as hot as it will go.

Pour marinade in a heavy sauce pan and add half stick of butter. Reduce by 1/3 - 1/2.

Photos

TJ9joB9.jpg

mkSEINy.jpg

znYY19t.jpg

Q&A

Q: On this wing recipe, are you keeping the marinade you reduce separate from the marinade on the wings? Most recipes I've seen say to dump excess marinades that have been in contact with uncooked meat.

A: No, pour the marinade from the chicken in a pan with a 1/2 stick of butter. Heat that and reduce by 1/2, then mop that on the wings when they are on the grill.

Last edited:

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Well, let's do something "useful". Here’s a fantastic Hot Wing recipe from LSU Mark from tMB:

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 2 scallions, chopped
  • 2-3 fresh limes juiced
  • 2 fresh oranges juiced
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 3 pounds chicken wings

Directions

Combine the habanero, japs/serrano peppers, soy sauce, honey, both sugars, cayenne, red pepper, thyme, ginger, garlic and scallions in a blender. Add the vinegar, lime juice and orange juice and blend until smooth.

Place the wings in a large resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over them. Seal and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours (don't shorten - at least 4 hours).

Pour marinade in a heavy sauce pan and add half stick of butter. Reduce by 1/3 - 1/2.

Photos

TJ9joB9.jpg

mkSEINy.jpg

1akd1qz.jpg

znYY19t.jpg

Q&A

Q: On this wing recipe, are you keeping the marinade you reduce separate from the marinade on the wings? Most recipes I've seen say to dump excess marinades that have been in contact with uncooked meat.

A: No, pour the marinade from the chicken in a pan with a 1/2 stick of butter. Heat that and reduce by 1/2, then mop that on the wings when they are on the grill.
That sounds really good!

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah cause that will be necessary. Looks really good though.
Just gotta remember that LSU Mark (recipe writer) is a legit Cajun, and dem boyz like it HAWT! I saved several of his recipes from a tMB thread from many moons ago, and the man likes it spicy but Cot Dam it's good eatin'. I've got his recipes for Crawfish Casserole, Crawfish Étouffée, & Duck Poppers. Jotay21 also tossed out a killer recipe for Chicken Sausage Étouffée and I've got another Cajun recipe from a good buddy of mine (dude I attend LSU games with) for Boiled Shrimp.

I could a) keep them all to myself, b) add them to the shitposting thread, or c) we could do a 'favorite recipes' thread (it's the offseason, after all). Let me know your preferences, because I'm not pissing off a God Mod!

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Just gotta remember that LSU Mark (recipe writer) is a legit Cajun, and dem boyz like it HAWT! I saved several of his recipes from a tMB thread from many moons ago, and the man likes it spicy but Cot Dam it's good eatin'. I've got his recipes for Crawfish Casserole, Crawfish Étouffée, & Duck Poppers. Jotay21 also tossed out a killer recipe for Chicken Sausage Étouffée and I've got another Cajun recipe from a good buddy of mine (dude I attend LSU games with) for Boiled Shrimp.

I could a) keep them all to myself, b) add them to the shitposting thread, or c) we could do a 'favorite recipes' thread (it's the offseason, after all). Let me know your preferences, because I'm not pissing off a God Mod!
I choose “C”...... 😎 👍

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Tibbs might be Auburn's version of Waterboy. I'm not sure how one can so consistently and persistently mess up every opportunity with a woman. Good egg, but he lacks "closing skills".
Hes cool shit. We used to play Battlefield together on Xbox but neither of us are ever on anymore. I haven't been on tMB in a while. Is he posting again?

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hey @Woodrow F Call - Looks like the bottom is falling out of crop prices. WTF is going on?

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
NOBODY disrespects dog shit in front of me, Mr!

And fighting over gas station pizza ain't worth my time or the cost of gas needed to get to a Hy-Vee parking lot.
Look at me, turning over a new kinder, gentler leaf in 2021. I haven't wanted to smite anything so far this year. Getting old sucks.
if I’m honest...don’t like this LHR at all...nope.

I Dont Ron Burgundy GIF

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 2 scallions, chopped
  • 2-3 fresh limes juiced
  • 2 fresh oranges juiced
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 3 pounds chicken wings

Directions

Photos

TJ9joB9.jpg

mkSEINy.jpg

znYY19t.jpg

Q&A

Now this is a great post...damn

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds