Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting (9 Viewers)

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
@MtnHusker I got invited to go test confiscated guns with a few Sheriff’s and prosecuting attorneys in Versailles.

Apparently it’s an annual get together to “test evidence”.

Fully auto Uzis I told you about are on the list as are a bunch of sweet handguns and ARs.

Run the Damn Ball maxxing
Have fun. One of my jobs in Vietnam was to be in charge of technical intelligence for the Delta when I was at HQ. It was mostly signing off on captured weapons that soldiers wanted to take home. I would fill out a form from what was the equivalent of the ATF at the time and that allowed the soldiers to ship it. Some beautiful East German and Czech pistols and Russian SKS rifles, all legal to send home.

On occasion we'd get someone who wanted to take home an AK-47 with a full auto selector switch. That would be a no so we confiscated them. We had a rifle range set up at the airfield and would give those AKs a workout. Good times.

The funniest thing that ever came through was from a combat engineer who had this object that looked like an orange traffic cone but smaller. I had no clue what it was so we called the CIA boys over and we discovered it was a sensor from the Ho Chi Minh Trail. We had a pretty good laugh over that one.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Have fun. One of my jobs in Vietnam was to be in charge of technical intelligence for the Delta when I was at HQ. It was mostly signing off on captured weapons that soldiers wanted to take home. I would fill out a form from what was the equivalent of the ATF at the time and that allowed the soldiers to ship it. Some beautiful East German and Czech pistols and Russian SKS rifles, all legal to send home.

On occasion we'd get someone who wanted to take home an AK-47 with a full auto selector switch. That would be a no so we confiscated them. We had a rifle range set up at the airfield and would give those AKs a workout. Good times.

The funniest thing that ever came through was from a combat engineer who had this object that looked like an orange traffic cone but smaller. I had no clue what it was so we called the CIA boys over and we discovered it was a sensor from the Ho Chi Minh Trail. We had a pretty good laugh over that one.
My old man brought back a 1909 German Luger from Vietnam. Said he had a case of Tommy Guns but they wouldn't let him bring them back. We also have a 22 Ruger that I think he might have brought back from Nam.

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
I had no clue what it was so we called the CIA boys over and we discovered it was a sensor from the Ho Chi Minh Trail. We had a pretty good laugh over that one.

I hate to derail a thread, but luckily the MLPFC thread doesn't even have rails.

Every time I see "Ho Chi Minh Trail," I think of the myth or legend that the SAE fraternity boys sent their pledges running naked through Selleck Hall chanting "Follow the Ho Chi Minh Trail" to the cadence of "Follow the yellow brick road" from the Wizard of Oz in the late 80's and all through the 90's since that's where all the international students lived.

I hope it's not true, but the guys I know from SAE will neither confirm or deny.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Quick follow-up on the pheasants forever banquet in Woodbine, IA. I didn't win shit, but the B-I-L was a sponsor and miraculously won a shotgun (ticket drawn by his neighbor). Good crowd, and based on the live auction bid prices, the farmers over there had a good year financially. Holy shit at the prices.

With all THAT said, the entire experience was encapsulated and frozen in time when we arrived in the parking lot and parked next to this guy:

View attachment 21618

Don't ever change, Io_a.
“Yeah… I’m from Podunk Cockeye.

Town: 22,000
County: 58,000

Really rural, like crazy small town basically a village and the county. Sheesh” — actual things people from Cockeye say

EDIT: HOLY SHIT, I just googled it cuz I was interested. Cockeye only has 2 counties less than 5,600 pop.

Adams County: 3,700 and only 426 sq miles (micro penis status size) not rural

Ringgold County: 4,663 and only 539 sq miles (not rural)

No joke, that’s crazy that those are the 2 most rural counties in the State.
It’s a weirdly densely populated rural state … with a lot of micro-penii (which is presume is the plural of penis) everywhere.
I’m confident that both of you may be interested in knowing that Beebeetown is near the south end of Harrison county. Furthermore, my friends at the Twisted Tail love my license plate, albeit a Nebraska-issue.

Regarding Woodbine, there have been at least two (maybe more) parcels of farm ground that sold for somewhere in the neighborhood of $15k per acre in the past three yrs. Stupid……..

B44F3791-E4D3-4771-A090-CD2128FFA197.jpeg

Last edited:

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Quick follow-up on the pheasants forever banquet in Woodbine, IA. I didn't win shit, but the B-I-L was a sponsor and miraculously won a shotgun (ticket drawn by his neighbor). Good crowd, and based on the live auction bid prices, the farmers over there had a good year financially. Holy shit at the prices.

With all THAT said, the entire experience was encapsulated and frozen in time when we arrived in the parking lot and parked next to this guy:

View attachment 21618

Don't ever change, Io_a.
Nothing better than self-deprecating humor. I’ve always been a big fan and take every opportunity to use it myself……😎

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I hate to derail a thread, but luckily the MLPFC thread doesn't even have rails.

Every time I see "Ho Chi Minh Trail," I think of the myth or legend that the SAE fraternity boys sent their pledges running naked through Selleck Hall chanting "Follow the Ho Chi Minh Trail" to the cadence of "Follow the yellow brick road" from the Wizard of Oz in the late 80's and all through the 90's since that's where all the international students lived.

I hope it's not true, but the guys I know from SAE will neither confirm or deny.
That's pretty believable actually. The Ho Chi Minh Trail has been forever embedded into our culture. The 22 Fwy runs east west across Orange County and traverses part of Little Saigon. It is sometimes referred to by locals jokingly as the Ho Chi Minh Trail.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Staying at a golf resort in southeast Phoenix, near Tempe, and naked Tuesday was a big hit in unit # 1213 yesterday. 😎

I'll go on record and say, "Wood you look at that Wednesday" involved a bit of nudity and the administration of an above average weinering yesterday evening, mostly in honor of Mrs. LHR's birthday. :cool:

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
I'll go on record and say, "Wood you look at that Wednesday" involved a bit of nudity and the administration of an above average weinering yesterday evening, mostly in honor of Mrs. LHR's birthday. :cool:
I forgot to mention our own special “Taco Tuesday” morning two days ago (🛎️) prior to a late morning tee time.

To add to our “Hey, what a coincidence” moments, today is Mrs Bomber’s 65th birthday. She is somewhere between the “going kicking & screaming” mode followed by the even more serious “total denial” mode.

Found a very nice, higher-end spot for a sea food dinner later this afternoon in honor of her blessed event. (Didn’t know Perkins served seafood, didja???) Rezzers at 4 so we beat the rush and can get home to watch Wheel of Fortune & The Golden Girls.

Life is good!!

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I forgot to mention our own special “Taco Tuesday” morning two days ago (🛎️) prior to a late morning tee time.

To add to our “Hey, what a coincidence” moments, today is Mrs Bomber’s 65th birthday. She is somewhere between the “going kicking & screaming” mode followed by the even more serious “total denial” mode.

Found a very nice, higher-end spot for a sea food dinner later this afternoon in honor of her blessed event. (Didn’t know Perkins served seafood, didja???) Rezzers at 4 so we beat the rush and can get home to watch Wheel of Fortune & The Golden Girls.

Life is good!!

Happy Birthday to your lovely bride, amigo!

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
between this and Getting a fullback back on the field in Lincoln, it’s been a great Deab

Man woman and child does that put ‘em in the isles

IMG-6113.jpg

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Man woman and child does that put ‘em in the isles

IMG-6113.jpg
I have that Lyle Bremser radio call in my music library on my phone. I always sparks me up when I'm in shuffle mode (listening to music, not walking ... yet) and it plays in the truck. I miss listening to games with Lyle on the call.

Random story associated with that clip: Many moons ago a bunch of us did a "fly and ride" Harley tour of Yellowstone Park and the surrounding area. We flew into Billings and thundered around the Park on rented bikes, which was a cool way to see and experience Yellowstone (except for being chased by buffalo, who apparently do NOT care for the dulcet tones emitted by the Harley V-Twin motor & exhaust).

I've got music playing as we're riding down the highway, and the Lyle Bremser call comes on, so I crank it up. We're playing VA Tech at the time, and three guys come riding up next to me immediately, with "Is that the game?" "How are you getting the game out here?" "What station is it on?" kind of questions.

I'm laughing so hard I'm struggling to keep the Ultra Glide upright and finally had to yell at them, "You cot dam heathens can't even recognize Lyle Bremser's voice? The man has been dead for a decade? Fan card REVOKED!" Suddenly, middle fingers were extended in my direction, probably deserved.

(Note: we lost the game that day on the long pass play given up by the safety from Bellevue. His name escapes me right now (Matt Hanlon?) or perhaps I struck it from my memory banks as an homage to his ineptitude that afternoon)

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds