Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting (6 Viewers)

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
340005664_2874063719449502_435521979863762752_n.jpg
Well, maybe in Hawaii. The locals love them some Spam. They've even migrated it to some iconic Japanese dishes like Spam Musubi. I was always kind of mystified by it but then again they eat stuff like poi, so there's that.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
I have that Lyle Bremser radio call in my music library on my phone. I always sparks me up when I'm in shuffle mode (listening to music, not walking ... yet) and it plays in the truck. I miss listening to games with Lyle on the call.

Random story associated with that clip: Many moons ago a bunch of us did a "fly and ride" Harley tour of Yellowstone Park and the surrounding area. We flew into Billings and thundered around the Park on rented bikes, which was a cool way to see and experience Yellowstone (except for being chased by buffalo, who apparently do NOT care for the dulcet tones emitted by the Harley V-Twin motor & exhaust).

I've got music playing as we're riding down the highway, and the Lyle Bremser call comes on, so I crank it up. We're playing VA Tech at the time, and three guys come riding up next to me immediately, with "Is that the game?" "How are you getting the game out here?" "What station is it on?" kind of questions.

I'm laughing so hard I'm struggling to keep the Ultra Glide upright and finally had to yell at them, "You cot dam heathens can't even recognize Lyle Bremser's voice? The man has been dead for a decade? Fan card REVOKED!" Suddenly, middle fingers were extended in my direction, probably deserved.

(Note: we lost the game that day on the long pass play given up by the safety from Bellevue. His name escapes me right now (Matt Hanlon?) or perhaps I struck it from my memory banks as an homage to his ineptitude that afternoon)
500 bonus points for “dulcet”!!

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Upon further inspection, I’m not a complete idjut (in this particular case). It turns out I simply needed to complete the 12V side of the equation to activate the remaining circuits in the RV.

Next up: relocating the Lithium Phosphate battery bank from the front part of the trailer to the storage bay under the bed inside the coach. That will help lighten the trailer tongue weight and remove these temperamental sonsabitches from extreme outside temperatures. That will help maximize life span and battery capacity when I need ‘em.

OK, enough electrical talk. Back to the regularly scheduled cattle discussions!
Have you ever considered buying into a timeshare and remove the maintenance issues from yore life? I can help…….😂

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Any cattlemen know someone who is vertically integrated with their own locker? Obviously this business model doesn't make sense unless you are a large operation and can rely on foot traffic at the counter, but it seems like an intriguing idea to me.

I'm told mark-up at the counter for individual packaging is ~50%. At that margin and plus the real benefit of not being at the mercy of the shrinking local locker industry it makes sense to me.

Where am I wrong?
Wth does “vertically integrated” mean when translated to English?

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well, maybe in Hawaii. The locals love them some Spam. They've even migrated it to some iconic Japanese dishes like Spam Musubi. I was always kind of mystified by it but then again they eat stuff like poi, so there's that.
It’s big I’m bush Alaska too. Surprising amount of Polynesians due to the oil industry.

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
Wth does “vertically integrated” mean when translated to English?

Controlling another stage in the supply chain that was previously outsourced - e.g. Netflix used to exclusively license content from studios and now they also produce their own content.

Here are more relevant examples for what I'm talking about:

White Oak has a direct-to-consumer model with everything done in-house. Farm to table including their own locker and retail front.

https://raikesbeef.co/pages/our-farm

Example from Nebraska

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds