Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting (6 Viewers)

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was talking with my brother yesterday and I thought you guys might find this interesting. People think of Nashville as a big city but in many ways it's a very small town with all the connections.

I found out some information on the Nashville shooting which puts a human face on what is already a tragic and awful story. Covenant Presbyterian church is the sister church of my brother's church and he knows everybody there and has for years.

The principal who was killed was my niece's principal 15 years ago at another private school, Heritage Christian Academy. Miley Cyrus was her classmate at Heritage.

The substitute teacher who was killed is a long time friend of the governor and was scheduled to have dinner with him that evening.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
My wife’s cousin is getting married in September and all of the male relatives from the UK have been asking if we will take them to shoot guns again.

its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-charlie-day.gif

ron-swanson-usa.gif

east-bound-and-down-danny-mc-bride.gif

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
My wife’s cousin is getting married in September and all of the male relatives from the UK have been asking if we will take them to shoot guns again.

its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-charlie-day.gif

ron-swanson-usa.gif

east-bound-and-down-danny-mc-bride.gif
Reminds me of one of my favorite tweets of all time - this British soy boy trying to dunk on American gun culture, but not knowing what BB guns are.

1680701077086.png

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
Any cattlemen know someone who is vertically integrated with their own locker? Obviously this business model doesn't make sense unless you are a large operation and can rely on foot traffic at the counter, but it seems like an intriguing idea to me.

I'm told mark-up at the counter for individual packaging is ~50%. At that margin and plus the real benefit of not being at the mercy of the shrinking local locker industry it makes sense to me.

Where am I wrong?

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Any cattlemen know someone who is vertically integrated with their own locker? Obviously this business model doesn't make sense unless you are a large operation and can rely on foot traffic at the counter, but it seems like an intriguing idea to me.

I'm told mark-up at the counter for individual packaging is ~50%. At that margin and plus the real benefit of not being at the mercy of the shrinking local locker industry it makes sense to me.

Where am I wrong?
If you get set up with this, tag me - I'd buy some beef.

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG

Where am I wrong?

Large operation from the cow calf man to slaughter and a steady supply of strictly one iron beef just doesn't work, especially if the area is 100% springers and no fall calving herd. 90% of those calves will reach slaughter weight in a 30-60 day period of one another. Tail enders 45-60 days later.

The model sounds good in thought on the surface. Doesn't work well unless you want to calve 9 months of the year

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
British cousins story continued: #1 requested gun to shoot when they get here?

Answer: a Lever action rifle
@LoudHogRider

A John Wayne AND a lever action rifle mention in one post?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

One a side note, I thought of you the other day. I'm following a Chevy pickup down 156th Street and the back window is fully emblazoned with pro-'Merica stickers. The license plate: likaroc. Bob Seger ... Chevy trucks. Cot dam, I'm ready to smack a Commie in the head this morning, boys!

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
A John Wayne AND a lever action rifle mention in one post?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

One a side note, I thought of you the other day. I'm following a Chevy pickup down 156th Street and the back window is fully emblazoned with pro-'Merica stickers. The license plate: likaroc. Bob Seger ... Chevy trucks. Cot dam, I'm ready to smack a Commie in the head this morning, boys!

ImpureCourageousAfricanbushviper-size_restricted.gif

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Totally forgot to tell @MtnHusker that I am in his back yard for a MO Prosecutor conference.

“hey we have this conference and it will fulfill all of your continued legal education credits required for the year. All expenses paid for by the state for special prosecutors like yourself.” — MO AGO

“…I’m actually really busy I don’t think I will be able to make…**cut off mid sentence**” — Me

“**interrupts me** It’s at Margaritavile at Lake of the Ozarks.” — MO AGO

Me
c0de0a4ce878d0da4286cf8dbec1b055.gif

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Totally forgot to tell @MtnHusker that I am in his back yard for a MO Prosecutor conference.

“hey we have this conference and it will fulfill all of your continued legal education credits required for the year. All expenses paid for by the state for special prosecutors like yourself.” — MO AGO

“…I’m actually really busy I don’t think I will be able to make…**cut off mid sentence**” — Me

“**interrupts me** It’s at Margaritavile at Lake of the Ozarks.” — MO AGO

Me
c0de0a4ce878d0da4286cf8dbec1b055.gif
Sweet, I'll warn the local authorities. I live right across the Lake from Margarittaville. You down here right now? I won't have a boat in the water for a few more weeks or I'd take ya out on the Lake. Let me know when you are around if you want to hook up for a beer or burger.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
What's up boys
I am on the struggle bus with this dadburned power inverter installation. That unit works great, but I intended to wired it back to the main power distribution panel so I could power the entire coach with it. Sadly, my "test run" let me know that - as your new mayor of "Dufus City", I managed to snag an individual circuit vs. the main shore power circuit and now have a fully operation microwave (only). Shit.

If there's any good news, the automatic transfer switch did it's job and nothing is fried. Now I just have to re-do a couple of things in the tiniest little spot in the cabinet to correct my mistake. My arms already look like I ran through a briar thicket from reaching around sharp things in there the first time, so its difficult to get too "sparked up" about taking everything apart again to fix my stoopid error.

DIY - it ain't for the faint of heart sometimes.

Mustangblood

Cornerback
Elite Member
I am on the struggle bus with this dadburned power inverter installation. That unit works great, but I intended to wired it back to the main power distribution panel so I could power the entire coach with it. Sadly, my "test run" let me know that - as your new mayor of "Dufus City", I managed to snag an individual circuit vs. the main shore power circuit and now have a fully operation microwave (only). Shit.

If there's any good news, the automatic transfer switch did it's job and nothing is fried. Now I just have to re-do a couple of things in the tiniest little spot in the cabinet to correct my mistake. My arms already look like I ran through a briar thicket from reaching around sharp things in there the first time, so its difficult to get too "sparked up" about taking everything apart again to fix my stoopid error.

DIY - it ain't for the faint of heart sometimes.
I recognize a few of these words…

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I recognize a few of these words…
Upon further inspection, I’m not a complete idjut (in this particular case). It turns out I simply needed to complete the 12V side of the equation to activate the remaining circuits in the RV.

Next up: relocating the Lithium Phosphate battery bank from the front part of the trailer to the storage bay under the bed inside the coach. That will help lighten the trailer tongue weight and remove these temperamental sonsabitches from extreme outside temperatures. That will help maximize life span and battery capacity when I need ‘em.

OK, enough electrical talk. Back to the regularly scheduled cattle discussions!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds