Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

Daaaaaang. That's false advertising. No change y'all reminisced right there in the parking lot over your favorite Seger tune with an angry Mrs. Totally worth the long shot that it was the GOAT himself, though.
MIL was a Seger groupie back in the day in Detroit. So I guess that makes me next generation Eskimo bros with the GOAT

Put my Dad (accompanied by my Sister) on a plane to Phoenix yesterday afternoon.

Freedom GIF by Reba McEntire

Normally their "monsoon season" in AZ is in late summer/early fall, but it's super wet there right now as well. Sister lives in north Scottsdale up by "Tom's Thumb" and there's no doubt those hills will also be super green in a few weeks as well. Sadly, in the Sonoran desert, that means fuel for fires in the hot summer. But a vibrant and alive Sonoran desert is really a cool thing to see ... while it lasts ... because desert.
We’re headed that way mid-March. Hoping the golf courses are dried out.

King Lake outside of Valley says “hello”. My wife didn’t believe me how bad it was in there, so several years ago I took her for a very quick drive-through tour.

By the time we’d driven down a couple of streets and were heading back towards the single entrance/exit, groups of youth on ATV’s began descending on our location attempting to box us in. They were unable to do so, primarily because I had my head on a swivel and saw it unfolding immediately and used the pedal on the right to hightail it out of there.

On another note, Mrs. LHR informs me we’re missing a chili cook off at Leighton’s. If you head that way, please send our regards.
LeIghton’s ?

LeIghton’s ?

A nice little LOTO cigar bar run by a Husker fan and former Lincoln resident. Had the privilege of burning one with @MtnHusker there last fall and witness a rare Husker victory at a Husker watch party at Leighton's. The campsite Mrs. LHR and I stayed at was also owned by Husker fans, formerly of Seward.

Last edited:
@LoudHogRider I made my wife stay with me at the Walmart parking lot as I waited for the owner of this pickup to return just in case it was the GOAT himself.

After 20 mins on the stake out the owner returned, disabled geriatric female hauling two 24 packs of Diet Mtn Dew. Damnit Missour’ah

44-A3-EED5-D4-A4-4014-8-AD9-38103-A3-C54-DC.jpg

PS: wife not pleased
you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take
- Michael Scott

A nice little LOTA cigar bar run by a Husker fan and former Lincoln resident. Had the privilege of burning one with @MtnHusker there last fall and witness a rare Husker victory at a Husker watch party at Leighton's. The campsite Mrs. LHR and I stayed at was also owned by Husker fans, formerly of Seward.
Next visit to Kimberling City I’ll have to look the boy up…..😎👍

@MtnHusker

you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take
- Michael Scott

I got in trouble for making this my desktop background on my office computer at the Attorney General’s Office

theofficequote2.jpg

Bunch of dorks. 40% of them thought working at the Nebraska AGO made them a super Lawyers, 40% of them were just there to help Bruning get elected to bigger office or because Bruning owed them a favor and only 20% of them were worth a damn/hired by merit.

In 2023 I got 10 murder trials across 4 different counties that I’ve been brought in on as a special prosecutor for the Missouri AGO.

I remember 11 years ago listening in awe as the lead Nebraska AGO murder attorney bragged to the interns over lunch about prosecuting 6 murder trials in a year.

Now:
03f63f9b-e668-439c-bbf0-30686f9b4471_text.gif

God damn Bruning ran a shit show office. Political and mostly incompetent.

cc: @Baron Winnebago

We all know how I feel about Swimtown… but Douglas County Nebraska (and Sarpy County) are FAR FAR superior to Douglas County Kansas (Lawrence) and Shawnee County Kansas (Topeka) and Johnson County Kansas (Olathe).

It’s nice that Nebraska’s floor is so high. Our worst counties are at minimum above average counties in Kansas or Missouri.

1254172884282.jpg

We all know how I feel about Swimtown… but Douglas County Nebraska (and Sarpy County) are FAR FAR superior to Douglas County Kansas (Lawrence) and Shawnee County Kansas (Topeka) and Johnson County Kansas (Olathe).

It’s nice that Nebraska’s floor is so high. Our worst counties are at minimum above average counties in Kansas or Missouri.

1254172884282.jpg
kansas in general seems like a shitshow of a state

I got in trouble for making this my desktop background on my office computer at the Attorney General’s Office

theofficequote2.jpg

Bunch of dorks. 40% of them thought working at the Nebraska AGO made them a super Lawyers, 40% of them were just there to help Bruning get elected to bigger office or because Bruning owed them a favor and only 20% of them were worth a damn/hired by merit.

In 2023 I got 10 murder trials across 4 different counties that I’ve been brought in on as a special prosecutor for the Missouri AGO.

I remember 11 years ago listening in awe as the lead Nebraska AGO murder attorney bragged to the interns over lunch about prosecuting 6 murder trials in a year.

Now:
03f63f9b-e668-439c-bbf0-30686f9b4471_text.gif

God damn Bruning ran a shit show office. Political and mostly incompetent.

cc: @Baron Winnebago
We were the underlings who protected consumers and sat at county fairs for a couple grand each summer. Is hero a bit strong? No. It's actually a bit weak

1254172884282.jpg

giphy.gif

Holy shit. Even a left handed compliment is still a compliment. Look at us … finding common ground. We all stand together, in all kinds of weather, for DONU.

kansas in general seems like a shitshow of a state

This is how I describe Kansas to people from Nebraska:

“Topeka makes Lincoln look like Dubai and the Kansas Legislature/Senate make the Nebraska Unicameral look like a well oiled machine.”

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back