Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

@bbenson67 have you been getting drenched in all these storms going through California?
Yup, but not as badly compared to the north of us. Talked to my Vietnam buddy in San Francisco and they are getting hammered. US 101 closed through Salinas, Gilroy flooded and Santa Cruz with lots of flood damage.

We're currently in the second to last round of storms which will end later tonight and one more to go on Sunday night into Monday. Then dry for the foreseeable future. Our annual total is around 14" and we're already close to 9" and it's only January. Season runs from Oct. to Oct. but the bulk comes Dec.-March.

Have to laugh at the water Karens in Sacramento who keep reminding us we're in an extreme drought. Dude we're at 200-500% of normal snowpack in the Sierras and they are releasing water from reservoirs to keep them from overflowing and we're fishing cars out from under freeway overpasses. They just can't let go lol.

Yup, but not as badly compared to the north of us. Talked to my Vietnam buddy in San Francisco and they are getting hammered. US 101 closed through Salinas, Gilroy flooded and Santa Cruz with lots of flood damage.

We're currently in the second to last round of storms which will end later tonight and one more to go on Sunday night into Monday. Then dry for the foreseeable future. Our annual total is around 14" and we're already close to 9" and it's only January. Season runs from Oct. to Oct. but the bulk comes Dec.-March.

Have to laugh at the water Karens in Sacramento who keep reminding us we're in an extreme drought. Dude we're at 200-500% of normal snowpack in the Sierras and they are releasing water from reservoirs to keep them from overflowing and we're fishing cars out from under freeway overpasses. They just can't let go lol.
Hills looked green as fuck in Ventura county two weeks ago

Hills looked green as fuck in Ventura county two weeks ago
Put my Dad (accompanied by my Sister) on a plane to Phoenix yesterday afternoon.

Freedom GIF by Reba McEntire

Normally their "monsoon season" in AZ is in late summer/early fall, but it's super wet there right now as well. Sister lives in north Scottsdale up by "Tom's Thumb" and there's no doubt those hills will also be super green in a few weeks as well. Sadly, in the Sonoran desert, that means fuel for fires in the hot summer. But a vibrant and alive Sonoran desert is really a cool thing to see ... while it lasts ... because desert.

Put my Dad (accompanied by my Sister) on a plane to Phoenix yesterday afternoon.

Normally their "monsoon season" in AZ is in late summer/early fall, but it's super wet there right now as well. Sister lives in north Scottsdale up by "Tom's Thumb" and there's no doubt those hills will also be super green in a few weeks as well. Sadly, in the Sonoran desert, that means fuel for fires in the hot summer. But a vibrant and alive Sonoran desert is really a cool thing to see ... while it lasts ... because desert.
Is it bad if I’m asking the deserts of Arizona and California to share their rain with us in Nebraska? I’m tired of being bone dry for 8 months straight. Haven’t really gotten a measurable rain since early July and no snow really so far this winter.

Is it bad if I’m asking the deserts of Arizona and California to share their rain with us in Nebraska? I’m tired of being bone dry for 8 months straight. Haven’t really gotten a measurable rain since early July and no snow really so far this winter.
It’s been a very dry winter here in the home turf of your back-to-back Class B hut hut Champeens (Bennington Badgers). I’ve only got some trees, shrubs and the nicest cot dam lawn on the cul-de-sac to keep hydrated.

I don’t know how anyone that has lived in Nebraska as long as I have wouldn’t be praying on the reg for rain for our ranchers and farmers. California’s situation seems different in that their recent deluge and associated runoff helped to refill their reservoirs. We need consistent rain for crops, animals, wildlife and aquifer replenishment.

Fingers crossed and on bended knees for plentiful rain for you lads (and lasses) that make their living off of this great land of ours.

It’s been a very dry winter here in the home turf of your back-to-back Class B hut hut Champeens (Bennington Badgers). I’ve only got some trees, shrubs and the nicest cot dam lawn on the cul-de-sac to keep hydrated.

I don’t know how anyone that has lived in Nebraska as long as I have wouldn’t be praying on the reg for rain for our ranchers and farmers. California’s situation seems different in that their recent deluge and associated runoff helped to refill their reservoirs. We need consistent rain for crops, animals, wildlife and aquifer replenishment.

Fingers crossed and on bended knees for plentiful rain for you lads (and lasses) that make their living off of this great land of ours.

I stopped reading after the swimtown part

Smgd308h

growing up on an almost all dry land farm with cattle, even with getting irrigated ground here the last couple years it still really sucks seeing dads dry land burn up and the pasture for the cattle run out of water in august. We need some moisture

growing up on an almost all dry land farm with cattle, even with getting irrigated ground here the last couple years it still really sucks seeing dads dry land burn up and the pasture for the cattle run out of water in august. We need some moisture
Are you in the swath of snow coming mid week? Hopefully you get a nice batch of snow

Are you in the swath of snow coming mid week? Hopefully you get a nice batch of snow
We are on the edge for it again. End of last week we were calling for a good moisture event and then they took it out. But over the weekend they put it back in for us for 5 or so inches of snow. Hopefully it comes through for once.

F170F843-4388-4288-8C2F-91DCB0524775.jpeg

G. Allan Taylor 7hours ago

Four-star quarterback Jaden Rashada, who signed with Florida on Dec. 21 but did not report to campus last week amid a Name Image and Likeness dispute, asked the NCAA for a scholarship release, sources close to the program confirmed to The Athletic. 247Sports was first to report the filing. Here’s what you need to know:

• Sources said the recruit’s family has been at odds with the football program ever since the Gaytor Collective terminated an NIL contract valued at more than $13 million.
  • Rashada is the No. 56-rated overall prospect in the 2023 recruiting and the No. 7-ranked quarterback, per the 247Sports composite. The graduate of Pittsburg (Calif.) High was among the highest-ranked quarterbacks the Gaytors landed in the past decade.
  • He committed to Miami in June amid speculation of a $9 million NIL deal, then flipped to Florida on Nov. 10.
  • While Rashada participated in the Under-Armour All-American event last week in Orlando, his father Harlen told The Athletic that the family was headed straight to Gainesville for spring enrollment.

What happened?​

Sources close to the program told The Athletic that a $13 million NIL deal, struck between the Gaytor Collective and Rashada before he flipped to Florida in November, began falling apart last month. Rashada ultimately signed anyway and publicly sounded enthused about moving in on campus and learning the offense. Last week’s enrollment delay surrounded contention over the value of a renegotiated NIL deal.

What does this mean for Florida’s quarterback situation?​

The Gaytors recently landed Wisconsin transfer Graham Mertz and have fourth-year sophomore Jack Miller returning. They also have Max Brown, a 2022 signee who redshirted this past season. But Rashada was the high-profile, big-arm talent who was expected to acclimate this spring and push for early playing time.

A commitment from 2024 elite quarterback DJ Lagway helps ease the sting, though Rashada’s departure creates a public relations headache for the football program. It also shines a light on the perils athletic departments face with NIL deals forced to be negotiated by third-party.

“The University of Florida football program is really one of victims in this case,” said a source familiar with the Gaytor Collective’s dealings.

Required reading​

• How the $13 million recruitment of Jaden Rashada for Florida fell apart
  • Taylor: Billy Napier doing flips over Jaden Rashada. ‘We felt like the connection is real’
(Photo: James Gilbert/Getty Images)

yep. It’s been a wet one! still love it out here. I did turn into that guy who dresses up warm when it’s 60 in the winter now. 99 year old sack of bones!

yep. It’s been a wet one! still love it out here. I did turn into that guy who dresses up warm when it’s 60 in the winter now. 99 year old sack of bones!
No doubt. I literally have to turn up the thermostat when the daughter visits since moving down there. Will be heading down late Feb. to verify this phenomenon alluded to as "warm" weather in February.

In the mean time, the old Toro snow blower is freshly fueled with new beater blades and wheels. C'mon, Bill Randy - I'm not afraid of your rolled up sleeves and forecast for snowmageddon. Bring it!

No doubt. I literally have to turn up the thermostat when the daughter visits since moving down there. Will be heading down late Feb. to verify this phenomenon alluded to as "warm" weather in February.

In the mean time, the old Toro snow blower is freshly fueled with new beater blades and wheels. C'mon, Bill Randy - I'm not afraid of your rolled up sleeves and forecast for snowmageddon. Bring it!
haha ole bill randy still doing the forecasts ?

You’ll love it in Feb. down here. STD #’s increase with all the old farts screwin’ down here !

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back