Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

Sorry, I missed this from the other day. It looks like Mtn answered it but yes parking is a big issue in Vail and people will pay crazy money for it especially in Vail Village. I lived there for almost 20 years and the average price for a parking space around there was at least $100,000 for as long as I can remember. So, @MtnHusker friend's dad must have bought those spots in the 90s or maybe even the 80s to get those prices.

It's crazy if you ever get into some of those parking garages and see all the high-end cars and SUVs just sitting there with about an inch of dust on them because the owners haven't even been there for who knows how long.

I don't know how many times I've seen what looks like it could be a somewhat affordable (for there) property only to find out the price is only for a week or two of a timeshare.

Like right now if you see anything below $500,000 it's more than likely a timeshare, a parking space like you found (which don't become available very often) a studio or if you're lucky a very small one-bedroom condo.

Sorry, I missed this from the other day. It looks like Mtn answered it but yes parking is a big issue in Vail and people will pay crazy money for it especially in Vail Village. I lived there for almost 20 years and the average price for a parking space around there was at least $100,000 for as long as I can remember. So, @MtnHusker friend's dad must have bought those spots in the 90s or maybe even the 80s to get those prices.

It's crazy if you ever get into some of those parking garages and see all the high-end cars and SUVs just sitting there with about an inch of dust on them because the owners haven't even been there for who knows how long.

I don't know how many times I've seen what looks like it could be a somewhat affordable (for there) property only to find out the price is only for a week or two of a timeshare.

Like right now if you see anything below $500,000 it's more than likely a timeshare, a parking space like you found (which don't become available very often) a studio or if you're lucky a very small one-bedroom condo.
My Dad grew up in Wyoming and was a cowboy and then a horseback trail guide at Rocky Mountain National Park for a few years before college. He told me a lot of stories about those resort towns in Colorado long before they were discovered.

I remember a story about Aspen. He said in the'30s it looked like exactly what it was. An old mostly abandoned mining town with a hotel, a few sleazy bars and a dirt road for Main St. Because it was so difficult to get to with Independence Pass snowed in 2/3 of the year, few people went there and then they'd have to go all the way around to Grand Junction for access. He laughed and said you could have bought the whole town for less than the price of a condo today.

My wife and I spent part of our honey moon there in 1974. It had been discovered by then and was really pricy. First time I ever had a $15 cheeseburger lol.

My Dad grew up in Wyoming and was a cowboy and then a horseback trail guide at Rocky Mountain National Park for a few years before college. He told me a lot of stories about those resort towns in Colorado long before they were discovered.

I remember a story about Aspen. He said in the'30s it looked like exactly what it was. An old mostly abandoned mining town with a hotel, a few sleazy bars and a dirt road for Main St. Because it was so difficult to get to with Independence Pass snowed in 2/3 of the year, few people went there and then they'd have to go all the way around to Grand Junction for access. He laughed and said you could have bought the whole town for less than the price of a condo today.

My wife and I spent part of our honey moon there in 1974. It had been discovered by then and was really pricy. First time I ever had a $15 cheeseburger lol.
My first time partying in Aspen was a trip. Rolled up there with a Vail buddy. We were going to stay at a friend of his place that I didn't know. I'm quizzing him on the way up about her and turns out it's one of his moms friends. I'm like hell no we're getting a hotel room. I'm not sleeping on a couch with doilies or a plastic cover. Jokes on me, turns out she was a Rockefeller and I had my own room in their huge house. Some crazy ass stories from that trip. She was totally cool and a great hang.

Checking in on the freezing Bronies. Everybody hanging in there? I heard from my in-laws south of Tampa that it will be in the 30s for lows in a couple days. That's coconut tree country. Stay safe.
Getting cold, 15 with real feel of 2, supposed to be -16 and -45 wind chill tonight. Found out that my dog, is in fact, not a dumbass. Opened up the basement garage and kind of finagled it so she could get in and blocked off the rest so she'd have some place somewhat warm and out of the wind...and shockingly, she's there. Dumbass was roaming around with freezing sleet. Pyro Lab Australian Shepherd Mix.

Getting cold, 15 with real feel of 2, supposed to be -16 and -45 wind chill tonight. Found out that my dog, is in fact, not a dumbass. Opened up the basement garage and kind of finagled it so she could get in and blocked off the rest so she'd have some place somewhat warm and out of the wind...and shockingly, she's there. Dumbass was roaming around with freezing sleet. Pyro Lab Australian Shepherd Mix.
My dog has been lounging by the fire all day, lazy shit

My dog has been lounging by the fire all day, lazy shit
Ours is not house broken, or I'd bring her in. She's about 18 months and an impulsive dumbass most of the time. But she's very protective of our kids, and when she's not ripping the fuck out of our amazon packages my wife orders...all the fucking time, or massacring our blow ups and/or xmas lights, she's a pretty good dog.

***Status check on the thread for this cold front?***

f94c5d995c130e8f161dfea87718ae64bd53ca9c.gifv

I'll take the actual -30 we had a couple Februarys back over this shit. At least the fucking wind didn't blow that time
That was pretty fucking cold. My transmission went out that night and I had to wait about an hour in the car for an Uber to get me. Luckily I had plenty of gas.

But yeah the wind was brutal today and I only spent a total of maybe 30 minutes outside.

image.jpg
Got a call from the feed yard this morning saying they need corn bad to get through the weekend. Was able to get one of the two trucks started so I’m getting 3 loads in today and another 2 tomorrow morning.
Can’t even get drunk at any Christmas parties this weekend since the wife is ready to pop any day now. How’s everyone else’s holidays going?

View attachment 18547
Got a call from the feed yard this morning saying they need corn bad to get through the weekend. Was able to get one of the two trucks started so I’m getting 3 loads in today and another 2 tomorrow morning.
Can’t even get drunk at any Christmas parties this weekend since the wife is ready to pop any day now. How’s everyone else’s holidays going?
Bless you for stepping up, amigo. And do NOT bring your wife home any Mexican food if you’re trying to avoid a trip to the LDR room. It’s a thing.

Bless you for stepping up, amigo. And do NOT bring your wife home any Mexican food if you’re trying to avoid a trip to the LDR room. It’s a thing.
Well she does love her some Mexican… maybe Monday we can try that, it would be nice to get through the weekend and all the family get togethers. We got an appointment for the 28th to induce if it hasn’t come by then. Makeing sure it comes this year still

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back