Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

@Kaladin I was in court today and the opposing party was drinking Milk during the hearing.

2e40f5bc-4283-482d-8c54-ea6ffee93ec2_text.gif

Was it Beef Milk?

ron swanson parks and recreation gif GIF

I have a YUGE update on the Church farm ground. @Woodrow F Call @scotchfrost9697 @Mustangblood @Kaladin

I can’t remember the last update I gave but we started at 6 guys…

- this month 1 of the guys died, his widow is obviously not bidding for the lease

- 3 of the other guys have also backed out over the past 2 months due to the current economy, drought, input costs etc.

- the 2 guys left standing have already agreed to split the ground and are just arguing right now for a bigger cut or the ground they prefer

Not as much drama as I thought this was gonna be but still…

Elkhorn > East of 72nd st.

It wasn't always that way. Civilization pretty much ended at 72nd St. at one time. In another life, high school, we lived in Keystone which was the end of the known world. 90th and Fort was bean fields and corn fields. Irvington, just down the road, had the best ice cream in Omaha at the time. That was about it. 🌽🍨

Coyotes are actually beneficial to pheasant habitat believe it or not. They contribute to controlling other species much more detrimental to pheasant and quail, such as Turkeys.

When Turkeys exploded in this area back in the Mid 2000s our P&Q numbers went to shit. We didn't have squat for Coyotes as that was the era where mange took a hit on em.
Turkeys are terrible for grouse, pheasant and quail. The grouse population has really taken a hit the last few years. Turkeys have expanded in the meantime. We’re even seeing turkeys out on the refuge lakes that weren’t there before. When they’re finding their way into the heart of the sandhills, far away from any river systems, you know they’re everywhere. It’s a pretty big problem.

Last edited:
Let's try this again. We've rebooked our trip to Sarasota for Oct. 21st-28th. Some great news from the in-laws whose house came through the hurricane virtually unscathed and they're on a barrier island with a drawbridge as the only access point. Not even any tree limbs went down. Stores, restaurants, and gas stations are all open and functioning normally.

They're between Sarasota and Venice on Casey Key. Go 50 miles south and it's a holocaust.

Let's try this again. We've rebooked our trip to Sarasota for Oct. 21st-28th. Some great news from the in-laws whose house came through the hurricane virtually unscathed and they're on a barrier island with a drawbridge as the only access point. Not even any tree limbs went down. Stores, restaurants, and gas stations are all open and functioning normally.

They're between Sarasota and Venice on Casey Key. Go 50 miles south and it's a holocaust.
We still on for New Years Eve in Scottsbluff?
🤣

Turkeys are terrible for grouse, pheasant and quail. The grouse population has really taken a hit the last few years. Turkeys have expanded in the meantime. We’re even seeing turkeys out on the refuge lakes that weren’t there before. When they’re finding their way into the heart of the sandhills, far away from any river systems, you know they’re everywhere. It’s a pretty big problem.

you live in the GOAT? Or just hunting out there?

My family is from Thedford, I live in Lincoln, but I want to retire out there. It truly is Gods country out there.
But, but, but…….you’ll miss all of the excitement of living in NYC and hanging out with @Baron Winnebago

The hustle, the bustle, the subway, the shopping, the crime, the corrupt politicians, Broadway and over-priced restaurants.

Please reconsider……😎

But, but, but…….you’ll miss all of the excitement of living in NYC and hanging out with @Baron Winnebago

The hustle, the bustle, the subway, the shopping, the crime, the corrupt politicians, Broadway and over-priced restaurants.

Please reconsider……😎

You take the good
You take the bad
You take the both
And there you have
Go fuck yourself guy

My family is from Thedford, I live in Lincoln, but I want to retire out there. It truly is Gods country out there.
I drove through Thedford on my rediscovery tour of Western Nebraska a year ago. A true oasis of civilization after driving through the endless miles of Sandhills from Scottsbluff.

A lot of community spirit which I gathered just from the pride for the high school football team with all the signs proclaiming their dominance. Very cool. But that wind... Is that an all the time thing or was I just there at an inopportune time?

I drove through Thedford on my rediscovery tour of Western Nebraska a year ago. A true oasis of civilization after driving through the endless miles of Sandhills from Scottsbluff.

A lot of community spirit which I gathered just from the pride for the high school football team with all the signs proclaiming their dominance. Very cool. But that wind... Is that an all the time thing or was I just there at an inopportune time?

Wind can sure blow out there but It's not an every day occurrence like 300 miles further west on the front range

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back