Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

only have about 50 acres of dryland. it was milo this year and we ended up chopping it. im one of those dumb guys who gets to custom hay in the summer and bale cornstalks all fall/winter/spring
With the extra acres me and my brother picked up this year we’ve been pretty aggressive getting the dry land corn out the last 3 weeks. Now getting started on beans.

Used to have one hog.

You may have been on your LOA and missed, Woodrow gave up his deck in the divorce
I did, in fact, miss that announcement. The post a few weeks ago about a little road head en route to the comedy club in Swimtown SHOULD have been a helluva clue that a wife wasn’t involved, but I was blindly cheering on a Bronie and missed it.

I’m saddened for the kids, but your following post indicated y’all handled it like adults and I respect you both for bringing it to closure respectfully.

I did, in fact, miss that announcement. The post a few weeks ago about a little road head en route to the comedy club in Swimtown SHOULD have been a helluva clue that a wife wasn’t involved, but I was blindly cheering on a Bronie and missed it.

I’m saddened for the kids, but your following post indicated y’all handled it like adults and I respect you both for bringing it to closure respectfully.
I laugh reacted for the road head/no wife comment.

Tough on the kids at first but when they see mom and dad can still get along and we both sat down and talked to them and explained it maturely it helped tremendously.

Again, it all boils down to respect and not being selfish or petty

By 50 acres of dryland i meant all we have is about 50 acres lol

I just bought 44 acres in Missouri…Twins!!!

Except mine is terrible ground, only 28 acres of it is good grass and the rest is just complete shit overgrown brush and timber…. But still
its-mine.gif

Sooooo……talked to my mom a couple of days ago about the soybeans. Good years, in the recent past, have produced as high as 75-80 bpa.

2022…….absolute zero rain throughout all of July and all of august. Beans still made 50. She’s ok with that, all things considered.

Will know what’s up with the corn in 3 weeks. Probably not gonna be good. Crop insurance to kick in.

Hey Milwaukee has a very nice electric chainsaw. Turn that 28 into 40.

My Dad is already working on it, he has 2 brush piles going but is waiting for it to get cold before really going nuts.

Last update he sent me was the new grass coming up, he put down 300 lbs of fescue31 seed in the clearings and a bunch of wildflower seed for under the trees that he kept but just thinned out.

Sooooo……talked to my mom a couple of days ago about the soybeans. Good years, in the recent past, have produced as high as 75-80 bpa.

2022…….absolute zero rain throughout all of July and all of august. Beans still made 50. She’s ok with that, all things considered.

Will know what’s up with the corn in 3 weeks. Probably not gonna be good. Crop insurance to kick in.

50 is pretty damn good for a year(s) this dry

I talked to my Chase Sapphire card and they said they will cover the resort if they can’t get them to pay it back. So booking Disney Land in California instead. Chase ftw!
Enjoy your stay in Anaheim. No hurricanes here unless you count a typical Saturday night in L.A.

I'm in the process of rescheduling our trip to Tampa on Thursday. There are two other couples involved so just waiting on that. Our flight goes from Long Beach to Chicago (WTF?) and then to Tampa. I have nightmares about being stuck in Chicago with Tampa airport closed.

Meh, we'll miss celebrating my birthday in Sarasota on Oct. 4th but I'll be alive. Priorities.

This weekend was Benson High School's 55th reunion for my Class of '67 at the Embassy Suites in the Old Market. I guess 80 brave souls attended. We had 850 in the graduating class but interest in these things tend to wane over time. The last one I attended was the 20th in 1987.

By chance a local L.A. talk show was discussing high school reunions. One of the hosts nailed it. He said after about 30 years most of the hot girls look like they got hit by a bus.....or ate one.

Perfect.

Enjoy your stay in Anaheim. No hurricanes here unless you count a typical Saturday night in L.A.

I'm in the process of rescheduling our trip to Tampa on Thursday. There are two other couples involved so just waiting on that. Our flight goes from Long Beach to Chicago (WTF?) and then to Tampa. I have nightmares about being stuck in Chicago with Tampa airport closed.

Meh, we'll miss celebrating my birthday in Sarasota on Oct. 4th but I'll be alive. Priorities.
Thanks man! Got here early this morning. It’s hot as hell out here

October birthdays are the best. 😉

Thanks man! Got here early this morning. It’s hot as hell out here
We've had very abnormal weather since late August. Not so much the heat, as September can be our hottest month, but the humidity. Just brutal and it doesn't cool off as much at night as usual. But having been to Orlando for meetings several times, you're still better off here weather wise.

I've stayed at both the Swan and the Dolphin but my favorite by a mile is The Peabody. They have a sister Peabody in Memphis and they're both really elegant in the style of the great old hotels at the turn of the century 100 years ago.

We've had very abnormal weather since late August. Not so much the heat, as September can be our hottest month, but the humidity. Just brutal and it doesn't cool off as much at night as usual. But having been to Orlando for meetings several times, you're still better off here weather wise.

I've stayed at both the Swan and the Dolphin but my favorite by a mile is The Peabody. They have a sister Peabody in Memphis and they're both really elegant in the style of the great old hotels at the turn of the century 100 years ago.
That’s good to know, I’ll have to try the Peabody next time we go back down there.

Yeah, I’ve been confused all day - this just doesn’t feel like California heat

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back