Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

My neighbor (in McCook) just told me he verbally agreed to sell the remaining acres of the family farm and he asked me to help him with the deal. (~100ac under center pivot and the old farm stead with a house and a few outbuildings)

The land is about 70 miles north in between North Platte and Maxwell in the Platte river valley.

He is 79 years old and his Grandparents homesteaded the ground. He was tearing up telling me about how he is selling it because his 3 kids (2 in Swimtown, 1 in Denver) don’t give a shit.

I’m gonna do it pro bono, the man was almost in tears asking me if it was possible to put in the contract the right for him to hunt 1 last Turkey season on the family ground.

Boys I almost started crying myself.
Obviously tugging at his heart strings, and ours. Hopefully he is getting a great price for it.

God damn kids

No Way Wow GIF by BrownSugarApp
Obviously tugging at his heart strings, and ours. Hopefully he is getting a great price for it.

The kids straight up told him to sell it now to get a better price so they have the most money possible to inherit.

Just judging from the irrigated acreage + only a 4 year old pivot I bet it’s gonna be close to a Million dollars.

1 of the swimtown kids teaches at that new Elkhorn north school. What a cunt

The kids straight up told him to sell it now to get a better price so they have the most money possible to inherit.

Just judging from the irrigated acreage + only a 4 year old pivot I bet it’s gonna be close to a Million dollars.

That school is so fucking ugly looking it ruins the entire landscape

Not surprising that a cunt would work there

Nice football field though

There's a great story about an old Japanese strawberry farmer who owns one of the most desirable pieces of undeveloped land in Orange County in the city of Fountain Valley right next to a Costco. It's over a square city block in size and he grows a crop of strawberries every year and the rest of the time it just sits there. Great strawberries he sells in a little stand right at the edge of his property.

His kids have been begging him to sell for years as he's had astronomical offers for it and he refuses. The feud is so public it gets updated in the newspaper. I have no idea what it's worth but the average home price in Fountain Valley is nearing $2 mil although this land is surrounded by commercial property.

He's in his 90s now so the kids will probably get their grubby hands on it soon.

i don't get the appeal of concerts at all

i mean i would love to go to a place like red rocks and watch tyler childers or someone cool but outside of that i just don't get the appeal of being packed into a crowd with hundreds of sweaty fat people and have my ear drums blown out
Tyler who?

My neighbor (in McCook) just told me he verbally agreed to sell the remaining acres of the family farm and he asked me to help him with the deal. (~100ac under center pivot and the old farm stead with a house and a few outbuildings)

The land is about 70 miles north in between North Platte and Maxwell in the Platte river valley.

He is 79 years old and his Grandparents homesteaded the ground. He was tearing up telling me about how he is selling it because his 3 kids (2 in Swimtown, 1 in Denver) don’t give a shit.

I’m gonna do it pro bono, the man was almost in tears asking me if it was possible to put in the contract the right for him to hunt 1 last Turkey season on the family ground.

Cap Gains tax = pain, amirite?

@Jim14510 ?

ugh

He should sell it an donate the money to the town or something

I’ve had a similar thing happen except the kids were nice the parents were just crazy and it was donating it to the Catholic Church… who definitely doesn’t need the money.

Yeah I explained to him that the best option would be for the kids to inherit it and get that sweet sweet stepped up basis but his spoiled kids told him to sell and were assholes so….
Sooooo dumb. Depending on the original cost basis, current selling price, etc., etc. those kids should be embarrassed at their ill-conceived greed.

IRS is the winner here…..😎

Yeah I explained to him that the best option would be for the kids to inherit it and get that sweet sweet stepped up basis but his spoiled kids told him to sell and were assholes so….

Welcome to Dark Brandon's America: The place where Missouri River coastal elites demand that the salt of the earth pay more in taxes, even if it means more goes to the gov't and less to themselves.

That was all tongue in cheek, if you couldn't tell.

My grandparents inherited around 300 acres in Custer Co, NE as 50/50 owners with my grandma's sister who lives in CA. Grandma's brothers didn't want to farm it since it is too far away. Aunt in CA has been pushing to sell, sell, sell, for the last 20 years. As it turns out, my grandparents live off the rent for that ground.

At any rate, at least my grandparents are still interested in the land and what happens to it. Great-aunt Marj isn't. Maybe that's because she lives thousands of mile away, and the grandparents live twenty mile away from it.

If anyone's interested, I can tell my grandparents story of being stranded out there for almost 24 hours and having to walk three miles to find help two years ago.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back