Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting (6 Viewers)

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I’m getting a physical at the McCook clinic and a lady walked in behind me and dropped a birthday of 08/08/30

She walked in no Walker no cane nobody with her nothing. Drove herself here.

She thanked the receptionist for scheduling her earlier cuz she has Bingo tomorrow.

92 years old and more active than most dorky kids.

rural Nebraska grandmas are the GOAT

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m getting a physical at the McCook clinic and a lady walked in behind me and dropped a birthday of 08/08/30

She thanked the receptionist for scheduling her earlier cuz she has Bingo tomorrow.

Hat tip. That's incredible.

This has been a heckuva week on the home front. At nearly 94 years of age, Dad threw the towel in on independent living at Beaver Lake. We were down in AZ a few weeks ago visiting our daughter and my sister, and naturally while we're out of town he trips and falls and has to crawl over to the phone and call the next door neighbor to help him back up. Fortunately, he wasn't seriously hurt, but that scared him - as it should have - and he told me "it was time".

So we moved him into our house, and have been working feverishly to de-clutter his home getting ready for a few "word of mouth" prospective buyer that want to see it pre-listing with a realtor. It's a big change for everyone, but nobody wants to ship him off to a nursing home as long as he's still ambulatory and cognitively sharp.

The BIGGEST change is - for a LOT of reasons - my wife and I chose to give up our primary bedroom (formerly known as the Master bedroom, but there's another label gone by the wayside) and move ourselves to one of the downstairs bedrooms. Now we're getting ready to kick off a major remodel of the basement bathroom so WE can have a shower again vs. stepping over the side of the tub on one of those tub/shower combo things.

In summary, I picked the wrong week to ...

iu

iu

iu

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG

My mom is 12-8-29, still living on the farm alone (lost dad 7+ yrs ago at his age 92) and still mowing her VERY large lawn with her John Deere rider.

She does have a neighbor gal drive her to her Omaha Dr.’s appts but she drives herself to the closest grocery store (8 miles), to get her hair done, get gas for the truck, etc.

Last edited:

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG

This has been a heckuva week on the home front. At nearly 94 years of age, Dad threw the towel in on independent living at Beaver Lake. We were down in AZ a few weeks ago visiting our daughter and my sister, and naturally while we're out of town he trips and falls and has to crawl over to the phone and call the next door neighbor to help him back up. Fortunately, he wasn't seriously hurt, but that scared him - as it should have - and he told me "it was time".

So we moved him into our house, and have been working feverishly to de-clutter his home getting ready for a few "word of mouth" prospective buyer that want to see it pre-listing with a realtor. It's a big change for everyone, but nobody wants to ship him off to a nursing home as long as he's still ambulatory and cognitively sharp.

The BIGGEST change is - for a LOT of reasons - my wife and I chose to give up our primary bedroom (formerly known as the Master bedroom, but there's another label gone by the wayside) and move ourselves to one of the downstairs bedrooms. Now we're getting ready to kick off a major remodel of the basement bathroom so WE can have a shower again vs. stepping over the side of the tub on one of those tub/shower combo things.

iu

iu

iu
Yore a quality son. Respect…..

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member

iu

iu

iu
Mad respect for you and your wife! Hope my kids take care of me in the same manner

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
howdy fellas, just gettin caught up on the goin’ ons. Hope all you sumbitchs are doin good!

Anywho, i Got the Jeep ready for a road trip to CO for 10 days, come back to the farm for 1 day, then fly to idaho for 5 days for work. I’ll be home for 2 days in a 17 day stretch basically.

At some point I gotta fly to Spokane, WA as we have offices there as well gawd damit have to be around those libs PUKE
Where will you be in Colorado and what are the dates? I just happen to be going there in August as well. Lunch, dinner, sleazy bar?

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG

This is the Nebraska I remember growing up with. I had an aunt in Hebron who passed her drivers test at 92. She told the examiner it was a good thing too as she had commitments every day of the week.

I had another aunt from Torrington, WY who drove to Lincoln from Torrington every month to see her daughter. That's nearly 500 miles one way. She was 90 years old.

Pioneer genes baby.

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG

iu

iu

iu
So much respect for your decision here. Even if older folks don't articulate it, the loss of independence is their biggest fear outside of some catastrophic illness and of course the loss of a spouse. You're a good man my friend.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

• Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds