Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting (5 Viewers)

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
@hothouse_corn another family member bites the dust :(

His obit is ridiculous, it reads like a novel.

Pretty crazy for a Gothenburg farm boy.

PS: his cousin (Arnold High School graduate tho) was also an Astrophysicist who helped develop the first surface to air missile defense system that we put in Italy during the Cold War. Idk how I missed all the math genetics, I got a 17 on the Math section of the ACT.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/longmont-co/vern-peterson-10857992
Sounds like every other lawyer I know

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Sounds like every other lawyer I know

The irony is I specialized in Tax.

Like 75% of the other people in my upper level tax classes were former CPAs who went to Law Skewl.

While I’m over here bragging about how I had my buddy take my math entrance exam for UNL so I got out of having to take any math classes in undergrad.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The irony is I specialized in Tax.

Like 75% of the other people in my upper level tax classes were former CPAs who went to Law Skewl.

While I’m over here bragging about how I had my buddy take my math entrance exam for UNL so I got out of having to take any math classes in undergrad.
Yeah tax law is a bit different, but I think of tax and accountancy as being a lot more business-adjacent than math-adjacent.

But yeah, most of the lawyers I know from undergrad avoided science and math courses like the plague, but damn could they write effortlessly.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Yeah tax law is a bit different, but I think of tax and accountancy as being a lot more business-adjacent than math-adjacent.

But yeah, most of the lawyers I know from undergrad avoided science and math courses like the plague, but damn could they write effortlessly.

But I watched a lot of Bill Nye the Science guy when I was a kid.

So yeah, basically a scientist

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
But I watched a lot of Bill Nye the Science guy when I was a kid.

So yeah, basically a scientist
I sleep at Holiday Inns to boost my IQ (sorry, brother ... but you know I'm joking here). I do sometimes wonder if I'd have been better off actually going to college classes vs. sending pledges to take notes, etc. during my upperclassmen years. Really hard to let go of a good hand of spades when it's time to go to class, though. "PLEDGE! Get your ass to the CBA building stat. Take perfect notes! Legible this time, cot dammit!"

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I sleep at Holiday Inns to boost my IQ (sorry, brother ... but you know I'm joking here). I do sometimes wonder if I'd have been better off actually going to college classes vs. sending pledges to take notes, etc. during my upperclassmen years. Really hard to let go of a good hand of spades when it's time to go to class, though. "PLEDGE! Get your ass to the CBA building stat. Take perfect notes! Legible this time, cot dammit!"

Wifey and I are in the early stages of building a Holiday Inn.

I say early stages cuz interest rates and supply chain and labor shortages right now are making it so we probably won’t break ground for at least 1-3 years. (Was actually supposed to start this spring but obviously that’s a no go)

Not in a super big rush tho because we bought the franchise rights for the area, we have 12 years left. When we did estimates in 2020 the entire build was supposed to be ~6 mil. Now it’s ~17. Made me puke in my mouth just typing that.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Geebus h. I knew it was higher. I didn't realize it was that drastic.

Big part of that is likely labor.

We got 2 big projects going on right now in the family.

Both are 6+ months behind schedule and both are costing over double what it was at the start.

Thank God/Shiva that York and North Platte are playing ball tho and understand why we are delayed. I got a buddy in the KC metro that received TIF in the form of a sales tax abatement for building materials purchased inside city limits. Project wasn’t finished by deadline and he was forced to pay all the sales tax back + interest. Fuuuuuck that

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Geebus h. I knew it was higher. I didn't realize it was that drastic.
I’m on the BoD for the timeshare Mrs Bomber and I bought into 20 yrs ago in the Black Hills, 10 minutes from downtown Deadwood.

Finding help for laundry, housekeeping and maintenance has turned into a nightmare. During a board phone call last Sunday night the board was pretty much forced to match (or exceed) current hourly wages for our rank and file current employees.

We agreed to give the existing, long-time employees a $6 per hour raise just to stay competitive with downtown Deadwood. $6 fucking dollar per hour raise. Insane but it’s what we felt we needed to do.

Labor…….wtf ?

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I’m on the BoD for the timeshare Mrs Bomber and I bought into 20 yrs ago in the Black Hills, 10 minutes from downtown Deadwood.

Finding help for laundry, housekeeping and maintenance has turned into a nightmare. During a board phone call last Sunday night the board was pretty much forced to match (or exceed) current hourly wages for our rank and file current employees.

We agreed to give the existing, long-time employees a $6 per hour raise just to stay competitive with downtown Deadwood. $6 fucking dollar per hour raise. Insane but it’s what we felt we needed to do.

Labor…….wtf ?

I was just posting about this in the Stocks/business thread.

I’ve lost 6 employees to Walmart in the last 12-18 months.

WM is offering $15+/hr starting + a sign on bonus of a few thousand.

I offered to pay my best front desk employee $19.50/hr but was turned down.

I can’t compete with the mega corporations pay scale, but I can offer a better/more relaxed work environment than places like WM can.
Ex: when your work is done and no customers need anything I let employees be on their phone or watch Netflix/Hulu on the hotel iPad or smoke/vape outside. It’s the only thing I realistically beat WM and other big corporations for in terms of employee retention. As mentioned in the other thread im having good luck right now with my fellow millennials who would rather work for me than WM even if it’s $3 or $4/hr less.

bears-smoke.gif

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
I was just posting about this in the Stocks/business thread.

I’ve lost 6 employees to Walmart in the last 12-18 months.

WM is offering $15+/hr starting + a sign on bonus of a few thousand.

I offered to pay my best front desk employee $19.50/hr but was turned down.

I can’t compete with the mega corporations pay scale, but I can offer a better/more relaxed work environment than places like WM can.
Ex: when your work is done and no customers need anything I let employees be on their phone or watch Netflix/Hulu on the hotel iPad or smoke/vape outside. It’s the only thing I realistically beat WM and other big corporations for in terms of employee retention. As mentioned in the other thread im having good luck right now with my fellow millennials who would rather work for me than WM even if it’s $3 or $4/hr less.

bears-smoke.gif
Our head housekeeper (who has been with us for 21 yrs) is now making $23.50 per hour. Crazy but necessary. Especially when competing with downtown Deadwood.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
We got 2 big projects going on right now in the family.

Both are 6+ months behind schedule and both are costing over double what it was at the start.

Thank God/Shiva that York and North Platte are playing ball tho and understand why we are delayed. I got a buddy in the KC metro that received TIF in the form of a sales tax abatement for building materials purchased inside city limits. Project wasn’t finished by deadline and he was forced to pay all the sales tax back + interest. Fuuuuuck that
cannoli GIF

is your buddy the finger, the chocolate, the cannoli, or the glove….yeesh what a shitty situation

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
my daughter is going into her 3rd year at UNL, hospitality major, any of you looking for an intern? She’s going to be working as a suite host during football season but after that she might be looking for something…just putting it out in the universe

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
my daughter is going into her 3rd year at UNL, hospitality major, any of you looking for an intern? She’s going to be working as a suite host during football season but after that she might be looking for something…just putting it out in the universe

Do you know where she wants to work and what size of property she wants to work at? Or if she just wants to work in an office setting that manages multiple properties.

Asking cuz if she is going to college for it she probably isn’t interested in small towns or smaller properties. (which is what I run, but my brother in laws run big properties in Lincoln/Omaha/KC/etc)

Either way, lots of options. I’d recommend straight up working at a hotel instead of being an intern. (Unless she gets college class credit or something) As previously mentioned in Omaha or Lincoln she could make over $20/hr right now and get great experience. Shit man that’s more than you or I made working for the Federal Government. :(

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Do you know where she wants to work and what size of property she wants to work at? Or if she just wants to work in an office setting that manages multiple properties.

Asking cuz if she is going to college for it she probably isn’t interested in small towns or smaller properties. (which is what I run, but my brother in laws run big properties in Lincoln/Omaha/KC/etc)

Either way, lots of options. I’d recommend straight up working at a hotel instead of being an intern. (Unless she gets college class credit or something) As previously mentioned in Omaha or Lincoln she could make over $20/hr right now and get great experience. Shit man that’s more than you or I made working for the Federal Government. :(
I’m going to let her figure it out, she needs class credit, but not sure how she’s going to get it. Thought I’d do the dad thing and throw feelers out.
thank god were making more than that now…

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
howdy fellas, just gettin caught up on the goin’ ons. Hope all you sumbitchs are doin good!

Anywho, i Got the Jeep ready for a road trip to CO for 10 days, come back to the farm for 1 day, then fly to idaho for 5 days for work. I’ll be home for 2 days in a 17 day stretch basically.

At some point I gotta fly to Spokane, WA as we have offices there as well gawd damit have to be around those libs PUKE

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
howdy fellas, just gettin caught up on the goin’ ons. Hope all you sumbitchs are doin good!

Anywho, i Got the Jeep ready for a road trip to CO for 10 days, come back to the farm for 1 day, then fly to idaho for 5 days for work. I’ll be home for 2 days in a 17 day stretch basically.

At some point I gotta fly to Spokane, WA as we have offices there as well gawd damit have to be around those libs PUKE
How’s yore golf game ya old bastard? Too much work dulls that putter you know.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds