Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

the 308 will NEVER forget

F18-BAEBF-2-CFB-41-DE-847-F-0-CA8-E2-A2-BEF2.jpg

Made me laugh out loud. I had to get a pic cuz nobody would believe me.
I'm going to get a plate that reads DEC 07 41.

I really know how to hold a grudge.

Saw Greta Van Fleet for the second time, first time was at Sokol with under 800 people, now they played To a packed show at CHI.

I know they are a pretty divisive group and lots of people don’t like them, yes the lean heavily in zeppelin and other 70s bands, but I enjoy them for what they are. I will say the guitarist is no joke that kid has ridiculous level of talent he truly is incredible.

Side note was surprised to see TONS of the younger generation there good to see Rock still going strong

Last edited:
Have you explained to that young man where bacon comes from? 😎

Funny story abot pigs. I was at the L.A. County Fair with my pre-school age son many years ago. We were looking at the livestock and they had a stand with fresh chocolate milk presumably from the fair. The logo for the fair was a cartoon pig and it was plastered on everything including the chocolate milk bottle. I bought my son a chocolate milk which he usually loves. He starts crying and I asked him what's wrong? He said I don't want to drink pig milk.

Saw Greta Van Fleet for the second time, first time was at Sokol with under 800 people, now they played To a packed show at CHI.

I know they are a pretty divisive group and lots of people don’t like them, yes the lean heavily in zeppelin and other 70s bands, but I enjoy them for what they are. I will say the guitarist is no joke that kid has ridiculous level of talent he truly is incredible.

Side note was surprised to see TONS of the younger generation there good to see Rock still going strong

giphy.gif

997F7513-AC7A-496E-9327-6A4B9E4E91F0.png
After watching the wildcow race the first 2 nights, i was kind of drunk and went up to a buddy of mine and said find a 3rd lets do this shit. so last night (saturday) he asks me if im still in he found a 3rd, i said fuck it lets go.

Long story short, we got that bitch stopped and he (guy on other side) jumped on and we got to just short of the finish line, he falls off. we get her stopped again and he finishes it out. i dont know if im dumb enough to
ever do it again but thats a feeling i probably cant run down again.

im in the blue t shirt in the back for reference

i should probably post the video

View attachment 12141
After watching the wildcow race the first 2 nights, i was kind of drunk and went up to a buddy of mine and said find a 3rd lets do this shit. so last night (saturday) he asks me if im still in he found a 3rd, i said fuck it lets go.

Long story short, we got that bitch stopped and he (guy on other side) jumped on and we got to just short of the finish line, he falls off. we get her stopped again and he finishes it out. i dont know if im dumb enough to

Please give a few more details on the wild cow race and how do they determine if you guys won OR the wild cow won?

View attachment 12141

I say we start a "Go Fund Me' for Scotch and send him to Pamplona, Spain next year to "run with the bulls". With this kind of propensity to dive into the ring after a few Pepsi's, he's a natural. Might want to include a "Rosetta Stone" Spanish language training course while we're at it ...

iu

Please give a few more details on the wild cow race and how do they determine if you guys won OR the wild cow won?

In this particular event

8 3 man teams.
they put a halter on each cow
everyone goes at once.

the goal is to get a rider on the cow and get the cow past the finish line, which is on the other side of the arena. most of the time everyone loses the cow because they buy wild cows so its not like theyre broke to lead.

I say we start a "Go Fund Me' for Scotch and send him to Pamplona, Spain next year to "run with the bulls". With this kind of propensity to dive into the ring after a few Pepsi's, he's a natural. Might want to include a "Rosetta Stone" Spanish language training course while we're at it ...

iu
pretty sure "screaming in fear" is a universal language

how dumb are people lol
I have a good buddy of mine from college that found himself in Pamplona during the running of the bulls. He and his brother were over there visiting one of his sisters, who married a Spaniard and they were doing the tourist thing. Mike is NOT one to pass up a gin and tonic anywhere at any time, so he and his brother found themselves a few beverages deep looking over the edge at the crowd gathered below to "run with the bulls".

You know how it is when both of you have been drinking and there's that machismo shit that rises to the surface and makes you do really regrettable stuff? To EVERYONE'S surprise, they both looked at each other, paused, and said, "Nope. Let's live long enough to finish these beverages."

I haven't stopped shaming him yet over this cowardly retraction of his man parts inside to his mangina when he had a once-in-a-lifetime chance to do something really, really stupid ... yet totally awesome and memorable. I mean, none of us are getting out of here alive. Go for it!

View attachment 12141

While not exactly bullfighting, you did say it was a wild cow so that's good enough for me. In your honor here's a wonderful quote from Ernest Hemingway on bullfighting to celebrate your courage.

Bullfighting is the only art in which the artist is in danger of death and in which the degree of brilliance in the performance is left to the fighter's honor.” This is probably the most famous quote by Hemingway on bullfighting, and maybe even his most famous quote, full stop.

I have a good buddy of mine from college that found himself in Pamplona during the running of the bulls. He and his brother were over there visiting one of his sisters, who married a Spaniard and they were doing the tourist thing. Mike is NOT one to pass up a gin and tonic anywhere at any time, so he and his brother found themselves a few beverages deep looking over the edge at the crowd gathered below to "run with the bulls".

You know how it is when both of you have been drinking and there's that machismo shit that rises to the surface and makes you do really regrettable stuff? To EVERYONE'S surprise, they both looked at each other, paused, and said, "Nope. Let's live long enough to finish these beverages."

I haven't stopped shaming him yet over this cowardly retraction of his man parts inside to his mangina when he had a once-in-a-lifetime chance to do something really, really stupid ... yet totally awesome and memorable. I mean, none of us are getting out of here alive. Go for it!
That's a great story. I'm on a bit of a Hemingway kick so forgive me, but he ran with the bulls in 1924. In his novel The Sun Also Rises Hemingway describes 3 of the characters running with the bulls after staying out all night drinking. Seems like alcohol plays a rather prominent role in participating.

But this gem comes from a retired Tennessee history professor who ran 3 times in Pamplona. Perfect summary of the motivation.

OPINION

Ernest Hemingway, the running of the bulls and a fading tradition?​

William X. Andrews

• Opinion: While running with the bulls is going strong in Spain, bullfighting may be on the way out.
  • Dr. William X. Andrews is a retired history college professor who lives in Columbia.
It is an odd irony that at the heart of the most fun-filled, carnival-like festival in all of Europe, death and injury are central features of that festival. I’m referring to the running of the bulls in Pamplona, a Basque city in the region of Navarra in Northern Spain.
People watch as Jandilla fighting bulls and revelers run during the running of the bulls at the San Fermin festival in Pamplona, Spain, on July 7, 2015. Revelers from around the world arrive to Pamplona every year to take part in some of the eight days of the running of the bulls.

Although a feast celebrating San Fermin, the city’s patron saint, the religious element has taken a back seat to entertainment and thrill seeking. When the festival ended on July 14 this year, the casualty toll was substantial with hundreds of runners injured. The festival’s popularity is such that an insurance company even capitalized on the event with its humorous video-gone-viral “The Running of the Bulldogs.”
I ran the bulls on three occasions in 1973. In retrospect, I chalk up the experience to cheap Navarrese wine, crowd psychology, the impulsivity of youth and an effort to impress female spectators with my bravado.

The bulls are at the center of this blood sport. On the first day’s run this year, three runners were gored, two of them Americans. On the final day, 13 were injured, the most serious another American. Whether for numbers, incompetence, attention deficit disorder or intoxication, Americans tend to be a much sought-after victim demographic for the bulls.

@hothouse_corn another family member bites the dust 🙁

His obit is ridiculous, it reads like a novel.

Pretty crazy for a Gothenburg farm boy.

PS: his cousin (Arnold High School graduate tho) was also an Astrophysicist who helped develop the first surface to air missile defense system that we put in Italy during the Cold War. Idk how I missed all the math genetics, I got a 17 on the Math section of the ACT.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/longmont-co/vern-peterson-10857992

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back