Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

Do any of you country boys have a back up generator? @Woodrow F Call @scotchfrost9697 @Mustangblood

My Dad just got this installed cuz the trees always fall over on the lines where he is at so the power is out like once a month minimum. I guess this Ozark life @MtnHusker ?

971025-F0-630-D-4272-B46-E-99-E2-C28-AC450.jpg
Miller generator/welder combo

@Woodrow F Call looks like that cell caught you last night?
I got some rain at home, maybe .25?

South of Marysville 6 miles one guy reported 1.20. Looks line blue Rapids down towards cottage hill got some pond fillers.

I bet I wouldn't have to drive a few miles north and dust would fly on the roads. Maybe this afternoon we'll all get a general rain.

You get any?

South of Marysville 6 miles one guy reported 1.20. Looks line blue Rapids down towards cottage hill got some pond fillers.

I bet I wouldn't have to drive a few miles north and dust would fly on the roads. Maybe this afternoon we'll all get a general rain.

You get any?
Talked to dad this morning and he said about .80 at his place. Hopefully a little more at the majority of our fields so really happy.

Green??………Fucking never.
😘

We can't be friends

My Dad bought a little John Deere compact tractor and my son loves going on it with grandpa.

Those 2 even got matching John Deere hats.

Nobody else in the family has ever had Green before. My Dad’s side was Allis Chalmers orange then Case IH red and my Mom’s side was all Ford blue then Case IH red.

Both sides have mostly grass so don’t need big tractors, also since it’s mostly grass obviously poors. 🙁

Wise man, Generac makes a dam solid generator. Gotta make sure you have back up power to keep the ole Hamms Beer cold if the power goes out.

Sadly my Dad almost exclusively drinks Stouts.

Like the lightest beer he usually even has in his garage fridge is Guinness. It’s usually full of all these weird micro brew stouts that are like 12-20% abv and when it’s 98 degrees and sunny on the lake/river that’s the total opposite of what I want in a beer/canned alcohol. (Seltzer season)

Like the lightest beer he usually even has in his garage fridge is Guinness. It’s usually full of all these weird micro brew stouts that are like 12-20% abv and when it’s 98 degrees and sunny on the lake/river that’s the total opposite of what I want in a beer/canned alcohol. (Seltzer season)
Ya I’d be put out to Pasteur if I did that in the summer

17cee3dd-ccbd-4e96-8d2f-0c201eb49cdd_text.gif

Finally hit a milestone today I've been working towards since I've started farming my own rented dirt 16 years ago. All 2022 crop inputs thus far (first half cash rent, herbicide, fertilizer, seed, 75% of fuel, etc) are done paid for in cash with an operating note at zero dollars just sitting on the sidelines in case of unexpected disaster. Very healthy cash reserve in the farm account with a little over 8,000 bushels of 2021 $8 corn in the bin yet to be sold or marketed. All the above even after I paid off the balance of my pickup loan that I just purchased last September.

Sorry for the humble brag but feels fucking good boys. I know I'm staring a drought in the face but with the past 3-5 years of well above average yields my crop insurance guarantees with the proven yield/prices are good enough that I'm not stressed a bit. First fucking time in my life I can say that.

Finally hit a milestone today I've been working towards since I've started farming my own rented dirt 16 years ago. All 2022 crop inputs thus far (first half cash rent, herbicide, fertilizer, seed, 75% of fuel, etc) are done paid for in cash with an operating note at zero dollars just sitting on the sidelines in case of unexpected disaster. Very healthy cash reserve in the farm account with a little over 8,000 bushels of 2021 $8 corn in the bin yet to be sold or marketed. All the above even after I paid off the balance of my pickup loan that I just purchased last September.

Sorry for the humble brag but feels fucking good boys. I know I'm staring a drought in the face but with the past 3-5 years of well above average yields my crop insurance guarantees with the proven yield/prices are good enough that I'm not stressed a bit. First fucking time in my life I can say that.
That’s fucking awesome. I can only hope to get to that point.

That’s fucking awesome. I can only hope to get to that point.

Don't get Me wrong I'm not 100% debt free. 1 payment left on a sprayer plus a couple planter payments but that feels like a mole hill compared to a mountain when there's no operating loan in the equation.

For what it's worth, I actually got here by
cutting loose of almost 400 acres 2 years ago where the cash rent wasn't sustainable for what the dirt was worth. That was nearly half of my rented ground at the time. Took some pride swallowing but I've learned quick that there's nothing to be gained from a dick measuring contest based off how "big" of a farmer one is. Doubt I could say what I did in my original post had I retained that ground.

Don't get Me wrong I'm not 100% debt free. 1 payment left on a sprayer plus a couple planter payments but that feels like a mole hill compared to a mountain when there's no operating loan in the equation.

For what it's worth, I actually got here by
cutting loose of almost 400 acres 2 years ago where the cash rent wasn't sustainable for what the dirt was worth. That was nearly half of my rented ground at the time. Took some pride swallowing but I've learned quick that there's nothing to be gained from a dick measuring contest based off how "big" of a farmer one is. Doubt I could say what I did in my original post had I retained that ground.
Definitely makes sense. Dumping money into shit ground isn’t anyway to get ahead

You get any?
We actually just got hammered in Kearney with rain. It’s a miracle.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back