Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

We’ve had an intense wind storm since Saturday with the wind averaging 50 mph and wind gusts as high as 90 mph. School has been cancelled until Wednesday but I imagine it will be all week. The windchill is currently around -15.

Attachments

• A9FAA17A-536F-4CFA-9772-AB46FF7AE9CE.jpeg
    A9FAA17A-536F-4CFA-9772-AB46FF7AE9CE.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • 9D147D79-FD1B-4D51-8F75-7E592911586C.jpeg
    9D147D79-FD1B-4D51-8F75-7E592911586C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 177B428B-3C00-4C47-80D2-D6DCF0F6A694.jpeg
    177B428B-3C00-4C47-80D2-D6DCF0F6A694.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 5F1AEB88-48C5-4C95-AB58-DACE658BF1F2.jpeg
    5F1AEB88-48C5-4C95-AB58-DACE658BF1F2.jpeg
    678.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 727BD355-DA66-441D-AC1D-1D4342A09916.jpeg
    727BD355-DA66-441D-AC1D-1D4342A09916.jpeg
    744.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 75F0E944-BEA7-4A89-9A69-A21AB9E64AB9.jpeg
    75F0E944-BEA7-4A89-9A69-A21AB9E64AB9.jpeg
    877.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 6E63FC55-AFA3-409C-8DE9-832779998E5D.jpeg
    6E63FC55-AFA3-409C-8DE9-832779998E5D.jpeg
    472 KB · Views: 4
  • 955544C8-7458-412C-A0FC-795046CD83D5.jpeg
    955544C8-7458-412C-A0FC-795046CD83D5.jpeg
    759 KB · Views: 3
  • 1B343BD5-2BD1-4518-B24C-07D2D4EA31D9.jpeg
    1B343BD5-2BD1-4518-B24C-07D2D4EA31D9.jpeg
    1,022.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 92373D82-0A26-4A01-8850-949CF1B0A280.jpeg
    92373D82-0A26-4A01-8850-949CF1B0A280.jpeg
    876.1 KB · Views: 3
We’ve had an intense wind storm since Saturday with the wind averaging 50 mph and wind gusts as high as 90 mph. School has been cancelled until Wednesday but I imagine it will be all week. The windchill is currently around -15.
Damn. This is what I envision most winters are like in Alaska. On our cruise this summer, we stopped in several ports along the southeast seaboard and all of our discussions about winter down there centered on horrific winds like these for most of the winter. Tough people live there, for sure. You're one of them, amigo. Take good care.

Damn. This is what I envision most winters are like in Alaska. On our cruise this summer, we stopped in several ports along the southeast seaboard and all of our discussions about winter down there centered on horrific winds like these for most of the winter. Tough people live there, for sure. You're one of them, amigo. Take good care.
Definitely highlights why it’s a good idea to own a generator. One of my assistant coaches has gone over 24 hours without power.

goalposts are now gone.

OmKTf5I.png

me too, all i can think about is what would start and be warm

I'm looking forward to next week's temps. Will probably be the biggest or one of the biggest sales I'll have for the year. Yesterday, today and tonight sucked. Good market though, clipped through 2200 head in basically 4.5 hours. Not bad given all the small groups.

I'm looking forward to next week's temps. Will probably be the biggest or one of the biggest sales I'll have for the year. Yesterday, today and tonight sucked. Good market though, clipped through 2200 head in basically 4.5 hours. Not bad given all the small groups.
nice work. january is probably the busiest timeright? also is the ring the scale? or do you have to weigh them before.

nice work. january is probably the busiest timeright? also is the ring the scale? or do you have to weigh them before.
Y'all need to host "city slicker" night at the sale barn for your metro area Bronies. Hell, I might even spring for a Pepsi or two before/during/after the event.

Y'all need to host "city slicker" night at the sale barn for your metro area Bronies. Hell, I might even spring for a Pepsi or two before/during/after the event.

@Woodrow F Call

This if your chance for the retirement plan I gave you a few months ago.

Get some Johnson County Dentists (Swimtown here) to buy some cattle for totally normal prices 😉

Give them a hat to wear around Swimtown and feel cool.

Make sure they have lots of fun and invite them back.

2979910-Amarillo-Slim-Quote-You-can-shear-a-sheep-a-hundred-times-but-you.jpg

@Woodrow F Call

This if your chance for the retirement plan I gave you a few months ago.

Get some Johnson County Dentists (Swimtown here) to buy some cattle for totally normal prices 😉

Give them a hat to wear around Swimtown and feel cool.

Make sure they have lots of fun and invite them back.

2979910-Amarillo-Slim-Quote-You-can-shear-a-sheep-a-hundred-times-but-you.jpg
^^^ This must be what they mean by "pulling the wool over your eyes". I may need to rescind my offer to buy the beverages. Free hat, tho. 🤔

^^^ This must be what they mean by "pulling the wool over your eyes". I may need to rescind my offer to buy the beverages. Free hat, tho. 🤔

my advice from August 3rd was to sell a 10ac corner close to town or blacktop to some sucker from the city for like 4-5x the market price cuz the Johnson County dentists don’t know shut except they have heard/read that agriculture land prices are high

I know a few people who have done things like this to people who wanted acreages outside of town. (Smaller tracts, like 3-5 acres) and turned that quick influx of capital into way better investments for the farm.

Like if you sit down and do an accounting on how much money 10acres of grass makes you a year (usually the only profitability is the amount of forage you can get for livestock grazing) vs. getting an influx of $30-40,000 that you can use now. How many years would it take for those 10 acres to make you $50,000+ (Higher because of the time value of money and normal inflation)

****be careful if you do this in Nebraska because the court has usually sided with the buyers over the farmer seller in regards to future use of the surrounding farm ground. The case that set the precedent was people bought little acreages from a farmer and their properties were surrounded by corn. A few years later the farmer built a bunch of industry hog barns. Buyers filed for an injunction and the court agreed. They would not have purchased the ground if they knew there would be hog barns next door, plaintiffs also had relied to their detriment. (Built huge $500,000+ Houses/machine sheds/etc) other states have different views on this but generally speaking as long as you don’t completely diverge your agriculture type and create a new nuisance that wasn’t there when buyers purchased you are fine. Unless you’re in Indiana, the court there told plaintiffs to fuck off this is a farm first state and just deal with the noise/smell from the newly erected next door poultry operation. Lol Run the damn Agriculture

my advice from August 3rd was to sell a 10ac corner close to town or blacktop to some sucker from the city for like 4-5x the market price cuz the Johnson County dentists don’t know shut except they have heard/read that agriculture land prices are high

I know a few people who have done things like this to people who wanted acreages outside of town. (Smaller tracts, like 3-5 acres) and turned that quick influx of capital into way better investments for the farm.

Like if you sit down and do an accounting on how much money 10acres of grass makes you a year (usually the only profitability is the amount of forage you can get for livestock grazing) vs. getting an influx of $30-40,000 that you can use now. How many years would it take for those 10 acres to make you $50,000+ (Higher because of the time value of money and normal inflation)

****be careful if you do this in Nebraska because the court has usually sided with the buyers over the farmer seller in regards to future use of the surrounding farm ground. The case that set the precedent was people bought little acreages from a farmer and their properties were surrounded by corn. A few years later the farmer built a bunch of industry hog barns. Buyers filed for an injunction and the court agreed. They would not have purchased the ground if they knew there would be hog barns next door, plaintiffs also had relied to their detriment. (Built huge $500,000+ Houses/machine sheds/etc) other states have different views on this but generally speaking as long as you don’t completely diverge your agriculture type and create a new nuisance that wasn’t there when buyers purchased you are fine. Unless you’re in Indiana, the court there told plaintiffs to fuck off this is a farm first state and just deal with the noise/smell from the newly erected next door poultry operation. Lol Run the damn Agriculture
Agreed on the lack-o-cash-flow generated from baling idiot cubes for the horse owners. Year one of owning our acreage, my new-to-me accountant guided me towards putting a shyte ton of the property, equipment, barn, etc. into the newly minted "hay bale" operation on our acreage. We had met with the County Extension Agent to see what he recommended (he wanted us to put in a vineyard, believe it or not. Me: how much does that pay per acre? Him: about the same as idiot cubes. Me: then why in TF would I go to all of the work and expense of putting in the vines, irrigation, wires, etc. in order to yield the same $/acre as grass? Him: some people just want to be in the wine business).

After a few years of what it actually generated in revenue, the accountant looked at me and asked me, "How much longer do you want to keep up this charade?" When we shut it down the next year - and I had the local chapter from Blair come down and drill seed the same land into Pheasants Forever grasses - the recapture taxes were rough. On the day I got my letter from the accountant detailing the size of the checks I was going to have to stroke to the Fed & State govt's on the same day the Harley dealership delivered my order update letter. I took one look at the checkbook and determined I could either pay the tax man or the Harley dealership, and the Harley dealership lost that order. Grabbed one the next year, tho. 😎

Agreed on the lack-o-cash-flow generated from baling idiot cubes for the horse owners. Year one of owning our acreage, my new-to-me accountant guided me towards putting a shyte ton of the property, equipment, barn, etc. into the newly minted "hay bale" operation on our acreage. We had met with the County Extension Agent to see what he recommended (he wanted us to put in a vineyard, believe it or not. Me: how much does that pay per acre? Him: about the same as idiot cubes. Me: then why in TF would I go to all of the work and expense of putting in the vines, irrigation, wires, etc. in order to yield the same $/acre as grass? Him: some people just want to be in the wine business).

After a few years of what it actually generated in revenue, the accountant looked at me and asked me, "How much longer do you want to keep up this charade?" When we shut it down the next year - and I had the local chapter from Blair come down and drill seed the same land into Pheasants Forever grasses - the recapture taxes were rough. On the day I got my letter from the accountant detailing the size of the checks I was going to have to stroke to the Fed & State govt's on the same day the Harley dealership delivered my order update letter. I took one look at the checkbook and determined I could either pay the tax man or the Harley dealership, and the Harley dealership lost that order. Grabbed one the next year, tho. 😎

What a wild swing in differences in agriculture lol

(Putting up some small squares -to-staring a vineyard from scratch)

Id have gone with the vineyard because if you actually have a south facing gentle slope with some other form of windbreak from the west and the soil type is good for grapes = it’s almost impossible to kill those things. Almost all grapes are Drought tolerant and if you plant an American variety for our grow zone (Ex: edelweiss grapes invented at the Univ of Minnesota) they will usually thrive.

But I’m obviously I wine guy and also my dream is to someday have my own vineyard/orchard combo. (Mostly cuz I just wanna make my own moonshine but my wife don’t know that)

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back