Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

My advice is to just run the damn ball and drink heavily.

Alcohol kills germs
Imma screen shot the thread. That advice has already been offered up by my idjut friends, whom I love.

Edited for edited screen shots (names redacted, except for "Typhoid Mary's" - Madeline).
As you can see, we were Main Boarders before there was a Main Board:

1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpeg

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Have you ordered from the Maytag site??

I have not. One of the jobs I had during college was running traveling tool shows, where we'd rent out a meeting room in a hotel and sell the shit out of tools to local businesses, farmers, etc. - a warehouse on wheels concept. I ran one of those in the Amana colonies back then, and it was the only place I didn't get a back check from (standard practice - visit the local banks before departing and make sure the checks would clear - if not, back to get to the tools or cash from the buyer's, whose addresses were on the checks). My sense is the business is run by the same kind of people, and your online transaction would be a safe purchase.

But I got introduced to their product at a local restaurant during my trip to Newton, IA back then and have been singing it's praises since. You used to be able to find it in local stores, but I've been stripped of my shopping privileges since buying a pickup truck and camper when Mrs. LHR was out of town tending to her ailing mother last year, so I'm not sure if it's carried in any of our grocery stores these days or not. She still seems sore about that ... 🤷‍♂️

I have not. One of the jobs I had during college was running traveling tool shows, where we'd rent out a meeting room in a hotel and sell the shit out of tools to local businesses, farmers, etc. - a warehouse on wheels concept. I ran one of those in the Amana colonies back then, and it was the only place I didn't get a back check from (standard practice - visit the local banks before departing and make sure the checks would clear - if not, back to get to the tools or cash from the buyer's, whose addresses were on the checks). My sense is the business is run by the same kind of people, and your online transaction would be a safe purchase.

But I got introduced to their product at a local restaurant during my trip to Newton, IA back then and have been singing it's praises since. You used to be able to find it in local stores, but I've been stripped of my shopping privileges since buying a pickup truck and camper when Mrs. LHR was out of town tending to her ailing mother last year, so I'm not sure if it's carried in any of our grocery stores these days or not. She still seems sore about that ... 🤷‍♂️
“I’ve been stripped of my shopping privileges”

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It’s really warmed up the past 2 hours

A8352861-F6-E7-4-B16-8-F5-B-7-E9-AB48-F5649.png

AA962-D36-82-A6-45-D2-B19-A-3-AE8946-ED40-C.png

was -9, wind chill of -28 when I woke up

Everybody is happy here tho cuz we finally got some moisture (2 inches, not the 5-8 the weatherman and DOT was promising…sonofabitch)
-9 when I woke up though we've already warmed to a balmy +1 with less than an inch of snow yesterday here in Bennington. I'm finishing my last cup of coffee and getting ready to take my backpack blower out to clear the driveway. No need to even mess with a shovel this round.

View attachment 6387

How's everyone's current temps? I'm assuming mines probably the warmest aside from @bbenson67
It's actually been really cold for us for the past 3 weeks. The temp struggles to get out of the 50s and the lows are in the high 30s. It also rained almost the entire time from Christmas to New Year's Eve. It has been a never ending source of delight for my brother in Nashville as they bask in the high 70s.

My son just got back from skiing in Mammoth with the Wuhan Goddess and they have 180% of their normal snowpack and it's only January. All this in a supposed La Nina year. We already have nearly half of our annual total of rain and the rainy season goes until late March. It looks like it will be dry for a bit and I can finally head up to San Francisco. SF is no fun in the rain with those hills and narrow streets.

It's actually been really cold for us for the past 3 weeks. The temp struggles to get out of the 50s and the lows are in the high 30s. It also rained almost the entire time from Christmas to New Year's Eve. It has been a never ending source of delight for my brother in Nashville as they bask in the high 70s.

My son just got back from skiing in Mammoth with the Wuhan Goddess and they have 180% of their normal snowpack and it's only January. All this in a supposed La Nina year. We already have nearly half of our annual total of rain and the rainy season goes until late March. It looks like it will be dry for a bit and I can finally head up to San Francisco. SF is no fun in the rain with those hills and narrow streets.
If only the real western Nebraska had half the moisture yore talking here. We seriously haven’t had rain (or snow) since early-mid summer. One of the worst 2 or 3 yrs in the 43 yrs I’ve lived out here. Sucks……

Just got back into Omaha from the honeymoon. Who knew one week in Mexico would make me such a pussy, this 6 degrees feels terrible.
I grew up in Nebraska but have lived in SoCal for many years. The first thing that goes away once you're a resident is your cold weather tolerance. If it drops below 50 we turn into giant pussies and will complain about it to anyone who'll listen. Winter coat you say? You mean a sweater?

My son FaceTimed my parents today because it is the first week since 1974 that my Dad hasn’t been employed full time. (I’m talking working for somebody else, not just working for his Dad)

Highlight: he tried on every hat he has for my son because they are unpacking and all the hats were in 1 box. He has 26 baseball style caps, 2 fishing/Sun/wide brim hats and 8 stocking caps. (*He has been balding since 9/11)

“Woooow grandpa so many hats”. — my son

“TELL YOUR GRANDPA TO THROW THEM AWAY!” — my mom in the background

*my 1/2 deaf father didn’t hear it at all, just kept putting on new hats and telling my son when/where he got it

Day 1 of retirement and they turn into the Costanzas

858338dfb6eff947a8ad815c4e119cc43e628056.gifv

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back