Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

nice work. january is probably the busiest timeright? also is the ring the scale? or do you have to weigh them before.
January has usually been the numbers king at the barn. There's getting to be more and more fall calves so March to may hasn't been too shabby either

The ring is the scale, big enough to hold and show a 55,000 lb plus load of cattle

January has usually been the numbers king at the barn. There's getting to be more and more fall calves so March to may hasn't been too shabby either

The ring is the scale, big enough to hold and show a 55,000 lb plus load of cattle

Talked to a guy who said he was expecting 12 calves this week

It’s amazing you cattlemen don’t age worse than you already do

Run the damn Beef
511114be6bb3f7e235000001

my advice from August 3rd was to sell a 10ac corner close to town or blacktop to some sucker from the city for like 4-5x the market price cuz the Johnson County dentists don’t know shut except they have heard/read that agriculture land prices are high

I know a few people who have done things like this to people who wanted acreages outside of town. (Smaller tracts, like 3-5 acres) and turned that quick influx of capital into way better investments for the farm.

Like if you sit down and do an accounting on how much money 10acres of grass makes you a year (usually the only profitability is the amount of forage you can get for livestock grazing) vs. getting an influx of $30-40,000 that you can use now. How many years would it take for those 10 acres to make you $50,000+ (Higher because of the time value of money and normal inflation)

****be careful if you do this in Nebraska because the court has usually sided with the buyers over the farmer seller in regards to future use of the surrounding farm ground. The case that set the precedent was people bought little acreages from a farmer and their properties were surrounded by corn. A few years later the farmer built a bunch of industry hog barns. Buyers filed for an injunction and the court agreed. They would not have purchased the ground if they knew there would be hog barns next door, plaintiffs also had relied to their detriment. (Built huge $500,000+ Houses/machine sheds/etc) other states have different views on this but generally speaking as long as you don’t completely diverge your agriculture type and create a new nuisance that wasn’t there when buyers purchased you are fine. Unless you’re in Indiana, the court there told plaintiffs to fuck off this is a farm first state and just deal with the noise/smell from the newly erected next door poultry operation. Lol Run the damn Agriculture
I used to play a golf course out in Ontario, CA called Whispering Lakes and right across the street was a huge cattle feedlot. The 16th hole ran parallel to it and to say the smell and the flies were overwhelming doesn't really quite describe it. Everybody complained and there were rumors of lawsuits but as far as I know the feedlot is still there and the golf course gets lots of play.

The course has been around quite a while. It used to host a PGA Tour stop and notables such as Al Geiberger won it when it was called Ontario National Golf Club. Frank Sinatra was a frequent player and its clubhouse used to host entertainers like Bobby Darin, The Four Tops, The Platters, James Brown and Ray Charles. Now it's a city course owned by the City of Ontario.

Your post got me wondering what was there first, the feedlot or the course? I can't imagine hosting a PGA tournament with the odors that emanated from that farm.

His bit on the Fox News dad is spot on...and that's my dad....to a T

Right there with you, except my mother. She's also going through chemo right now so it's tough to push back too much. I love her dearly but she says some wild shit.

Is any part of yore comp tied to overall numbers?? No idea how that world operates.

For any stand up fans out there, this newish one from Shane Gillis is pretty solid

Watched last night with the wife and she said this was the best stand up she has seen in years and years. (I agree)

I legit spit take with 5 mins left when he was doing the bit about the guy in the board room who first suggested special Olympics.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back