Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

It's all good man
Ya know……..I grew up sitting in sale barns and actually have really good memories. It was a social gathering for so many of those old boys who showed up regularly.

Funny story…….we have some good friends who live in SoCal (Orange County) who bravely made the trip to Scottsbluff to hang out with my first wife and I for a week or so.

Nothing planned for the Saturday they were here so let’s go catch a true piece of Americana in small-town western Nebraska. Let’s head to the sale barn.

The four of us were dressed like we were headed for a beach on a Caribbean vacation. Hawaiian shirts, golf shorts, flip-flops, etc. I saw a few folks that I knew and, of course, the teasing started right away.

At some point there was a break in the action (meaning the steady flow of cattle coming thru) and the auctioneer decided to entertain everybody by starting a conversation with us “outsiders”. Once he knew that my wife and I were locals he directed the conversation to our friends.

One of the funnier situations I’ve ever witnessed and our friends loved it. The wife was a grade school teacher in OC and she videoed a lot of the sale, along with a little side visit outside the barn to walk the catwalk above the pens. Just so happened there was a 2,200 lb angus bull outside that she was in awe of that beautiful animal.

Fun day……😎

Last edited:
God damn was it a beautiful day considering its January 11th in NE kansas.

I imagine today had to be a unicorn for you boys that enjoy golf

It was like only 40 here (and windy)

What was it like back East?

My day was full of butthurt cuz I was mad that I had to pay $270 for a “certified” HVAC technician to come out and look at my work and sign off/tag it for insurance.

Parts and furnace are working great tho. Shoutout to the Cockeye Cult of Amana Society @22*43*51

It was like only 40 here (and windy)

What was it like back East?

My day was full of butthurt cuz I was mad that I had to pay $270 for a “certified” HVAC technician to come out and look at my work and sign off/tag it for insurance.

Parts and furnace are working great tho. Shoutout to the Cockeyes Cult of Amana Society @22*43*51

Shit it was 45 here by 10 am, hit a high of 54 and staring 60 degrees in the face for a 3k head sale Thursday. I'm pretty fucking pumped honestly.

God damn was it a beautiful day considering its January 11th in NE kansas.

I imagine today had to be a unicorn for you boys that enjoy golf
Washed out the garage and hand washed the truck & SUV. I’m basically in traction here in the day chair watching “Stagecoach” on Grit TV.

I need to go back on vacation. Seems like since I’ve been home it’s 1 step forward 2 steps back. Don’t feel like me and dad have gotten anything done, just dealing with problem after problem as they come up.

I need to go back on vacation. Seems like since I’ve been home it’s 1 step forward 2 steps back. Don’t feel like me and dad have gotten anything done, just dealing with problem after problem as they come up.

My Grandpa used to say any day that he didn’t have to put out a fire (sometimes literal) or pretend to be a mechanic was a good day on the farm.

Unfortunately that’s like realistically <60 days a year.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back