Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

Water is down big time @Woodrow F Call

and this part of KS got way more rain than NWKS or SENE

35-B5-C77-C-CFB3-4635-A41-F-79-F1-ECBB20-EF.jpg

Yea I'd agree. I kind of jumped the gun on what you were getting at so I apologize for that.

Only thing I'd add is that the constraints that the govt puts on immigration are probably too strict. Friend of mine moved here from India with his parents when he was like 5 or 6, mom full time, dad part time, so she could pursue Optometry, and began the pursuit of citizenship. Dad had business dealings in India and Saudi so he wasn't in the states all that often. He didn't attain citizenship until 2020. If it's that difficult and time consuming for folks who are fully invested in the US for over 20 years and have the means to do it, I can't imagine how hard it is for folks who don't have those resources.
Part of my experience differs from your friend's story regarding immigration challenges. As @God is a Husker has pointed out, the immigration process itself is essentially a series of steps. My "role" in that process was working for a company that brought in IT consultants in the late 90's / early 00's on a specialized work visa (H-1B) based on their expertise with programming languages & tools that didn't exist in the American workforce at that time. The majority of those individuals were from India, but we brought in talent from everywhere (Ireland, Israel ... hell ,even an Armenian - didn't matter to us) and most applied for their "Green Cards" and formally entered into the citizenship process.

All of those individuals benefitted from two things:

1) They were highly educated and highly skilled individuals, which also meant they were paid really well, and
2) They worked for a company who had ironed out the processes needed to facilitate their lawful immigration and visa status.

So I completely agree with your statement about how challenging that - or any process that involves interfacing with a governmental bureaucracy - can be if you lack resources.

I guess my counter-point on the current illegal wave that seems to be washing over our borders is these individuals seem to have enough financial resources to pay $10K to a "coyote" (usually a cartel sponsored scheme) to dump them across the border illegally into our country sans company sponsorship AND background checks. I don't even want to discuss what happens to many of the women on that journey - too horrific for civil discussion by me as it brings forth the "smote" response in my ancestral encoding.

I guess my counter-point on the current illegal wave that seems to be washing over our borders is these individuals seem to have enough financial resources to pay $10K to a "coyote" (usually a cartel sponsored scheme) to dump them across the border illegally into our country sans company sponsorship AND background checks. I don't even want to discuss what happens to many of the women on that journey - too horrific for civil discussion by me as it brings forth the "smote" response in my ancestral encoding.

I see this is more of an indictment of our system than anything. They see risking their lives and going through all of that horrific shit as a better option than trying to find their way through our citizenship process.

Wife just told me that our son stood on top of his toy pirate ship to reach the upper level cabinet to raid the candy cane stash.

He only took the blue/green/speciality flavors and left the generic regular red/white originals behind.

God Damn it warms this Saxon/Viking heart to hear that my son is already using a boat to launch a surprise plundering and pillaging.

And he's got good taste in candy canes. Not wasteful in taking the shit kind.

I may have mentioned to you before, but my son's best friend in high school was a kid name Rupesh Patel. Really good kid whose parents owned, you guessed it, a string of higher end hotels in San Diego and Orange Counties.

So, my unofficial sample of 1 Indian kid says your post is accurate.

But the principles of building wealth aren't. Work hard, save more than you spend, be generous to those in need, etc. Today, it seems to be a bum rush to see what free stuff our fearless leaders will hand out to them for nothing.* The USA remains the land of OPPORTUNITY, not the land of GUARANTEED OUTCOMES.

* I freely acknowledge that I'm painting with a very broad brush here. Many are attempting to escape terrible conditions where they live, or are doing the same thing my ancestors did: move to pursue a better life for the children and their children's children. I believe in immigration, but absolutely insist it takes place within the legal constraints of our government. Anything else is essentially 'breaking and entering', and you can boomerang your ass back to where you came from and try again the legal way. End of rant.
I think Exhibit A of your very accurate statement are the Vietnamese. In 1975, many came as refugees with literal lee one suitcase. Their kids are now the majority of doctors, dentists, pharmacists as well as very prosperous business people in Orange County.

My brother-in-law who is originally from Geneva and married my wife's older sister has a theory. Confucian values and Tiger moms. He said it kind of jokingly but there's a lot of truth that culture and values are tremendous influences on future success.

Dad caught this last night. His wing isnt broken but mustve been hurting him, he can only fly about 50 yards at a time. He sent him to the Raptor Rescue, pretty sweet to see in person!
View attachment 6251
We've got a shit ton of bald eagles in the area, saw one flying near by yesterday morning. When we first moved in to the new place, one came barreling out of our tree line. Neighbor said when they were cutting corn a bunch of them were circling the field just waiting till the last of the corn to be cut so when the rabbits scurried out they dive bombed the shit out of them.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back