Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

Wife just told me that our son stood on top of his toy pirate ship to reach the upper level cabinet to raid the candy cane stash.

He only took the blue/green/speciality flavors and left the generic regular red/white originals behind.

God Damn it warms this Saxon/Viking heart to hear that my son is already using a boat to launch a surprise plundering and pillaging.

My 13 month old isn't quite to that level of pillaging and plundering, but is on his way. He's pretty good about busting into the cabinet with the trader joe's peanut butter puffs, busting it open, then eating them all off the floor.
Screenshot 2021-12-22 120251.png

Posted up in KU med once again.

Wife's Hickman catheter line for her IV medicine came completely out of her chest yesterday morning while she was showering.

Trying to dress your frantic, naked wife before EMTs show up was like baptizing a cat.View attachment 6224
Sincerely hope the Mrs. gets through this procedure in amazing shape, Robert. Prayers lifted up ...

She's in surgery right now getting a new line tunneled in. Thanks hog

God damn man, idk if I told you but my Dad is semi-retiring on NYE.

Just gonna work part time like 1 week a month in random small towns in Kansas and Nebraska. (So far he has 4 weeks in St Francis KS, 1 week in Beloit, 2 weeks in Alliance NE, 2 weeks in Valentine NE and 2 weeks in McCook)

The Clay Center and Beatrice hospitals love him tho so he might go work a week there cuz they are offering insane money for what little he is asked to do.

Long story short: between my Dad and my Wife if you need anything in KS medicine just send up the bat signal. My wife is still a big swinging *clit* in the NWKS medical community.

God damn man, idk if I told you but my Dad is semi-retiring on NYE.

Just gonna work part time like 1 week a month in random small towns in Kansas and Nebraska. (So far he has 4 weeks in St Francis KS, 1 week in Beloit, 2 weeks in Alliance NE, 2 weeks in Valentine NE and 2 weeks in McCook)

The Clay Center and Beatrice hospitals love him tho so he might go work a week there cuz they are offering insane money for what little he is asked to do.

Long story short: between my Dad and my Wife if you need anything in KS medicine just send up the bat signal. My wife is still a big swinging *clit* in the NWKS medical community.
Man, if we can't take of each other ITT, what are we even doing here?

clint eastwood legend GIF

Man, if we can't take of each other ITT, what are we even doing here?

clint eastwood legend GIF

I only said it cuz in Manhattan my Dad is the "heart Cath" and "nerve block for ortho" guy. Its what he is known for.

He is specifically asked for so often that they have to schedule around personal requests for my Dad by surgeons (caths) or patients (total knees/hips/etc)

Coach Snyder has had surgery 4 times since 2010 and he has requested my Dad and Dr. Palmgren every time (even for non-ortho procedures)

Immigrating to the US in the 50's was a completely different ballgame that it is today.
But the principles of building wealth aren't. Work hard, save more than you spend, be generous to those in need, etc. Today, it seems to be a bum rush to see what free stuff our fearless leaders will hand out to them for nothing.* The USA remains the land of OPPORTUNITY, not the land of GUARANTEED OUTCOMES.

* I freely acknowledge that I'm painting with a very broad brush here. Many are attempting to escape terrible conditions where they live, or are doing the same thing my ancestors did: move to pursue a better life for the children and their children's children. I believe in immigration, but absolutely insist it takes place within the legal constraints of our government. Anything else is essentially 'breaking and entering', and you can boomerang your ass back to where you came from and try again the legal way. End of rant.

Immigrating to the US in the 50's was a completely different ballgame that it is today.

Bruh my wife moved here in 2003

Became a US citizen in 2013

It is much easier to immigrate to the USA now than it was in the 50s.

Like night and day easier.

But the principles of building wealth aren't. Work hard, save more than you spend, be generous to those in need, etc. Today, it seems to be a bum rush to see what free stuff our fearless leaders will hand out to them for nothing.* The USA remains the land of OPPORTUNITY, not the land of GUARANTEED OUTCOMES.

* I freely acknowledge that I'm painting with a very broad brush here. Many are attempting to escape terrible conditions where they live, or are doing the same thing my ancestors did: move to pursue a better life for the children and their children's children. I believe in immigration, but absolutely insist it takes place within the legal constraints of our government. Anything else is essentially 'breaking and entering', and you can boomerang your ass back to where you came from and try again the legal way. End of rant.

Yea I'd agree. I kind of jumped the gun on what you were getting at so I apologize for that.

Only thing I'd add is that the constraints that the govt puts on immigration are probably too strict. Friend of mine moved here from India with his parents when he was like 5 or 6, mom full time, dad part time, so she could pursue Optometry, and began the pursuit of citizenship. Dad had business dealings in India and Saudi so he wasn't in the states all that often. He didn't attain citizenship until 2020. If it's that difficult and time consuming for folks who are fully invested in the US for over 20 years and have the means to do it, I can't imagine how hard it is for folks who don't have those resources.

Yea I'd agree. I kind of jumped the gun on what you were getting at so I apologize for that.

Only thing I'd add is that the constraints that the govt puts on immigration are probably too strict. Friend of mine moved here from India with his parents when he was like 5 or 6, mom full time, dad part time, so she could pursue Optometry, and began the pursuit of citizenship. Dad had business dealings in India and Saudi so he wasn't in the states all that often. He didn't attain citizenship until 2020. If it's that difficult and time consuming for folks who are fully invested in the US for over 20 years and have the means to do it, I can't imagine how hard it is for folks who don't have those resources.

Depends what type of visa you come to the USA on.

Not all visas are immigration visas. Hence why the big dust up in Lawrence a few years ago when people got mad that the guy got removed (deported, but that hasn’t been a legal term of art since 1996) after living in the country for 20 years. That’s because he came in on a work visa then when that visa lapsed (no longer worked there) he didn’t leave = visa overstay. Which is viewed the same as an EWI (entered without inspection), they are both “illegal aliens”. Before 9/11 we didn’t cRe about overstays as much but then every single terrorist involved in 9/11 (all 13 of them) were visa overstays. (Student visas mostly)

The process to citizenship is: 1) enter on an immigration visa, 2) stay in compliance of that visa for 2 years time and then apply for Lawful permanent residence (green card), 3) then the LPR must live in the USA for 10 years in good standing (no felony convictions or crimes involving moral turpitude), 4) then apply for Citizenship and take the citizenship test (it’s so easy; my MIL could hardly speak English and I remember she answered the Vice President was Bruce Willis. Ironically it was Joe Biden back then. Anyhoo, once they pass the test they get sworn in and have full Citizenship rights the same as anybody born here. (1 I’d like 3 countries in the world that do this. The USA has literally the most liberal and progressive immigration system in the world or the history of the world.)

Last edited:
Bruh my wife moved here in 2003

Became a US citizen in 2013

It is much easier to immigrate to the USA now than it was in the 50s.

Like night and day easier.

Why do you say it's easier now? How long did that process take in the 50s? Did it take 10+ years back then?

Genuinely curious on your thoughts, not trying to be provocative.

Why do you say it's easier now? How long did that process take in the 50s? Did it take 10+ years back then?

Genuinely curious on your thoughts, not trying to be provocative.

I’m driving right now but I can explain later.

The process is the best it’s ever been. It’s not even close.

The 50s didn’t have chain immigration, family immigration, internet or translations, etc etc.

Also, Back then a non-white immigrant was rare. Today it’s the norm.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back