Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

I got my grade 10 and I have no fucking idea what you're talking about here pal

You would have liked the hidden city of Gondolin, much respect for Agriculture.

Ted_Nasmith_-_Tuor_Reaches_the_Hidden_City_of_Gondolin.jpg

That cunt Morgoth acted during the harvest moon too, no respect.

PS: Tuor is the man in the pic, you can tell from his Swan on blue shield.

I'm taking a road trip the 1st week in December up to San Francisco to see my Vietnam buddy so let's take a little peek at the City by the Bay shall we? Apparently car break ins are so ubiquitous that travel agencies and other travel sites are now recommending not to rent a car for your stay in the City.

Even if the perps are caught the DA will not prosecute. The Mayor has released a stern statement admonishing the car thieves that there are other ways to make money so they probably shouldn't be doing it. That'll scare them.

I go up there 2 or 3 times a year and the decline has been steady. Areas that were safe even at midnight for years like Union Square, look like some post-apocalyptic movie. In May, I took a walk over to North Beach and Chinatown. Empty sidewalks with no tourists in places that were normally shoulder to shoulder day and night. I hate that they've allowed that to happen to that once beautiful city. Stay tuned for a post trip report when I return.

I'm taking a road trip the 1st week in December up to San Francisco to see my Vietnam buddy so let's take a little peek at the City by the Bay shall we? Apparently car break ins are so ubiquitous that travel agencies and other travel sites are now recommending not to rent a car for your stay in the City.

Even if the perps are caught the DA will not prosecute. The Mayor has released a stern statement admonishing the car thieves that there are other ways to make money so they probably shouldn't be doing it. That'll scare them.

I go up there 2 or 3 times a year and the decline has been steady. Areas that were safe even at midnight for years like Union Square, look like some post-apocalyptic movie. In May, I took a walk over to North Beach and Chinatown. Empty sidewalks with no tourists in places that were normally shoulder to shoulder day and night. I hate that they've allowed that to happen to that once beautiful city. Stay tuned for a post trip report when I return.
San Fran DA will be facing a recall vote next year.

https://news.google.com/articles/CA...AowjuuKAzCWrzwwt4QY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

Wear the vest I gave you…….prayers. 😎

Went down and grabbed the old man to take him to Hy-Vee in Plattsmouth, NE for their free Veteran's Day breakfast this morning. Hat tip to the good folks at Hy-Vee who not only attracted a heckuva crowd of veterans and their family, but all of their staff were incredibly gracious and appreciative to each of the (mostly) men and women who gathered to bask in the adoration and camaraderie of service across all the branches.

Thanks to all of the Bronies ITT and elsewhere who have served our nation to protect it and the freedoms if offers all of us, regardless of background or political affiliation.

Here's a pic of the old man enjoying his breakfast. We'll be (hopefully) celebrating his 93rd birthday in less than two weeks.

IMG_0844.jpeg

Went down and grabbed the old man to take him to Hy-Vee in Plattsmouth, NE for their free Veteran's Day breakfast this morning. Hat tip to the good folks at Hy-Vee who not only attracted a heckuva crowd of veterans and their family, but all of their staff were incredibly gracious and appreciative to each of the (mostly) men and women who gathered to bask in the adoration and camaraderie of service across all the branches.

Thanks to all of the Bronies ITT and elsewhere who have served our nation to protect it and the freedoms if offers all of us, regardless of background or political affiliation.

Here's a pic of the old man enjoying his breakfast. We'll be (hopefully) celebrating his 93rd birthday in less than two weeks.

View attachment 5550

Hell yeah.

Thank him for his service, my Grandpa was there from the Pusan perimeter until the ceasefire.

View attachment 5550
Many thanks to yore dad and all other vets. Their service is very much appreciated. And early happy birthday to yore dad. My mom turns 92 on Dec. 8th and we're going to celebrate a couple weeks early at Thanksgiving on the farm.

Btw.......looks like a helluva plate of bisquits and gravy. 😎

That's one hell of a run.
Given that he was born with Spinal Bifida and spent the first 7 years of his life with a hole at the base of his spine, his spinal fluid in a sac near the opening, and a wad of Kotex stuffed in the hole to keep the sac from rupturing … not bad.

I’ve told this story before but the family version is that my Dad was one of the first successful Spinal Bifida surgeries in history. His Aunt Zola & Uncle Joe from Columbus were the family members that had a little $ during the Depression, and they threw him in the back of their Ford and drove him to the Mayo Clinic with the following set of instructions: “Fix him or kill him.”

He lettered in football, basketball & track (because the the football coach was also the basketball & track coach) for the Hartington Wildcats and hiked up & down the mountains of Korea with ease. His last slalom water ski run was at age 67.

It has indeed been a hell of a run. I’ll miss him like crazy when he’s gone, but I’m beyond blessed to have had him in my life this long.

Given that he was born with Spinal Bifida and spent the first 7 years of his life with a hole at the base of his spine, his spinal fluid in a sac near the opening, and a wad of Kotex stuffed in the hole to keep the sac from rupturing … not bad.

I’ve told this story before but the family version is that my Dad was one of the first successful Spinal Bifida surgeries in history. His Aunt Zola & Uncle Joe from Columbus were the family members that had a little $ during the Depression, and they threw him in the back of their Ford and drove him to the Mayo Clinic with the following set of instructions: “Fix him or kill him.”

He lettered in football, basketball & track (because the the football coach was also the basketball & track coach) for the Hartington Wildcats and hiked up & down the mountains of Korea with ease. His last slalom water ski run was at age 67.

It has indeed been a hell of a run. I’ll miss him like crazy when he’s gone, but I’m beyond blessed to have had him in my life this long.
What an awesome story. Crazy-good perseverance and determination by dad.

Betting Joe and Zola were salt of the earth folks as well........👍

@scotchfrost9697 how is the wife (and you) doing with losing your FIL?

Was driving down the highway today and randomly thought about it.

Hope you’re all doing good brother
thanks. pretty cool that ebronies look out for each other. Wife has her good and bad days. Didnt help having a 1 month old at the time. we are a strong people. lot of shit thrown our way the last year or so

Like Tuor in Gondolin.

(super deep cut, I doubt anybody else ITT is a big enough nerd to get my reference but I used to listen to Tolkien audio books and others while mowing hay…I know I’m eccentric)
Is this some silmarilion shit? That's fine, but I sure hope you were recently mowing hay or used Google to jog the memory. Otherwise, referencing tuor from gondolin is akin to learning to speak Klingon, which Google automatically capitalized.

Is this some silmarilion shit? That's fine, but I sure hope you were recently mowing hay or used Google to jog the memory. Otherwise, referencing tuor from gondolin is akin to learning to speak Klingon, which Google automatically capitalized.

*pushes glasses up*

First of all it’s The Silmarillion AND Unfinished Tales. (2 books) The details of Tuor finding Gondolin was really more featured in Unfinshed Tales.

Last time I listened to the audio books was probably flying across the world (19 hour flight to Cape Town) so that was several years ago. Pelini was the coach.

Second, when compared to Lord of the Rings, Star Trek is for beta virgins. Stories about stun guns and communists in space vs. a story that Tolkien came up with while fighting in the trenches in WW1.

FBmWCsnXoAoBeJu

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back