Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

and I'm drunk, anything should taste good

This part is 100% not always true.

Follow-up edit: Drunken intuition tells you that anything should taste good when you're sufficiently drunk. Sober intuition tells you that a) anything that always taste like shit will taste like shit when drunk, b) that candy bars will never taste good after a day of drinking (salty and savory, not sweet for drunken eats), and c) most things that are delicious are always delicious, drunk or not, even those you would never eat when sober.

Example: Hi-Way Diner is probably delicious all the time, but I don't know. I know it's delicious at 3am when drunk, but would never eat there sober at 3pm.

Last edited:

Follow-up edit: Drunken intuition tells you that anything should taste good when you're sufficiently drunk. Sober intuition tells you that a) anything that always taste like shit will taste like shit when drunk, b) that candy bars will never taste good after a day of drinking (salty and savory, not sweet for drunken eats), and c) most things that are delicious are always delicious, drunk or not, even those you would never eat when sober.

Example: Hi-Way Diner is probably delicious all the time, but I don't know. I know it's delicious at 3am when drunk, but would never eat there sober at 3pm.

I can’t remember if I’ve told this story here or not but my Brother in Law once bought a McDonalds when he was drunk.

No, not ordered some McNuggets and fries… he purchased a McDonalds franchise for $1.6m when he was drunk.

Sold it 4 months later for the same price to a guy we know in Columbus who owns 8 McDonalds (so he knows what he is doing and has relationship with corporate).

My BIL ended up actually making a little less than $20k due to the 4 months of business revenue but that was not worth the 4 months of scrambling and praying to find a buyer cuz our 2 bankers we usually use wanted to kill my BIL for it.

TL;DR now every time I think about places like Hi-way Dinner/McDonalds/etc I think of my idiot BIL. So next hangover morning regretting consuming 1,600 unnecessary calories remember it’s not as bad as spending $1,600,000.

PS: @Woodrow F Call it was the McDonalds in Anthony KS, 6 hours from Elkhorn.

david-portnoy-fucking-idiot.gif

I can’t remember if I’ve told this story here or not but my Brother in Law once bought a McDonalds when he was drunk.

No, not ordered some McNuggets and fries… he purchased a McDonalds franchise for $1.6m when he was drunk.

Sold it 4 months later for the same price to a guy we know in Columbus who owns 8 McDonalds (so he knows what he is doing and has relationship with corporate).

My BIL ended up actually making a little less than $20k due to the 4 months of business revenue but that was not worth the 4 months of scrambling and praying to find a buyer cuz our 2 bankers we usually use wanted to kill my BIL for it.

TL;DR now every time I think about places like Hi-way Dinner/McDonalds/etc I think of my idiot BIL. So next hangover morning regretting consuming 1,600 unnecessary calories remember it’s not as bad as spending $1,600,000.

I can introduce him to a Nigerian Prince who needs a little help with moving some funds out of the country! 🤣

I've ate at that McDonald's a few times

True story. I can't recall ever being in a Waffle House or the Village Inn Pancake House on West Dodge sober. But, that is after you close the bar at 2 AM breakfast food for sure.

More tales from the road……

* Every small-town town’s cemetery in upper NY, VT, NH and Maine is literally right next to the road, 5’-10’ away. Guess chopping trees down and digging up stumps would be a pain in the ass.

* Every town we’ve been thru in the past 5-6 days (from population 50 to 5,000) has yuuuuge old, old homes. Best guess would be 5,000-8,000 sq ft. Three stories and just mfing big. And 90% of them are in absolute shit-shape. Not just needing paint but some structural work needed.

These are the type of homes, if located in Lincoln, Omaha or even smaller Nebraska towns, would be fixer-uppers. And be show-case type homes at the end of the remodel. Not so here…..sad.

* At home we have our fave watering holes (Union Bar, Hight’s Tavern, Rompus Room, etc.) but have we had any luck finding a hometown bar in small-town Maine?? Haven’t found one in 4 days until today, at the Black Bear Tavern in Colebrook, NH. BL on tap ftw….😎

* Finally, we saw Mother Nature at her absolute finest today on our drive up to the Colebrook area. The leaves were such a ridiculous blend of red, yellow, orange, merlot, rose and green evergreens. Don’t think we knew what, exactly, to expect but today exceeded anything.

Just fuck me……you guys need to do this adventure when yore able…..😁

Last edited:

* Every small-town town’s cemetery in upper NY, VT, NH and Maine is literally right next to the road, 5’-10’ away. Guess chopping trees down and digging up stumps would be a pain in the ass.

* Every town we’ve been thru in the past 5-6 days (from population 50 to 5,000) has yuuuuge old, old homes. Best guess would be 5,000-8,000 sq ft. Three stories and just mfing big. And 90% of them are in absolute shit-shape. Not just needing paint but some structural work needed.

These are the type of homes, if located in Lincoln, Omaha or even smaller Nebraska towns, would be fixer-uppers. And be show-case type homes at the end of the remodel. Not so here…..sad.

* At home we have our fave watering holes (Union Bar, Hight’s Tavern, Rompus Room, etc.) but have we had any luck finding a hometown bar in small-town Maine?? Haven’t found one in 4 days until today, at the Black Bear Tavern in Colebrook, NH. BL on tap ftw….😎

* Finally, we saw Mother Nature at her absolute finest today on our drive up to the Colebrook area. The leaves were such a ridiculous blend of red, yellow, orange, merlot, rose and green evergreens. Don’t think we knew what, exactly, to expect but today exceeded anything.

You went a bit north there guy

About 10 years ago I made the trek from Boston up to Presque Isle, Maine (about 5 miles from Canadian border). Beautiful drive. A Dunkin' Donuts on every block in every town it seemed. Tons of toll roads. Agree with you on the houses.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back