Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

I bet the two old guys were Redblooded and Bobfather. Were you laughing the whole time or pretending not to notice?
Old guy #2’s verbal shit was completely unprovoked and I was really hoping old guy #1 took a swing at him. But to answer yore question “yes” I was standing there laughing.

Especially at the thin-skinned fuckwad old guy #2 ……🤣

Tales from the road (if anyone really cares)….😂

* Day 1 - Drove 7 hrs to Beebeetown and hung out at the farm with my 92 yo mom.

Days 2/3 - on to west Des Moines (actually Urbandale) to hang with my son and his family.

Day 4 (Sunday) - Drove to South Bend, IN. Found a great dive bar, lost my main credit card and visited Touchdown Jesus the next morning before leaving town. (never found the card. Fuck me….)

Day 5 - drove to Cleveland. Stopped at a Loves gas station/ Truck stop and witnessed first hand a near throw-down right out at the gas pumps.

Some old boy (ballpark 75 yrs old) beside me was getting gas when another 75 yr old pulled up to the pump behind us. That guy, upon getting out of his car, yelled at the other old guy “Did you lose a bet?” Old guy #1 didn’t hear/understand him and guy #2 repeated: “Did you lose a bet?”

Old guy #1 said “No, why do you ask?” Old guy #2 pointed to old guy #1’s “Trump” ball cap and said: Why in the hell else would you be so god damn dumb as to wear a hat that said “Trump”

And the verbal sparring/ threats/ bad mouthing was on. I seriously thought at one point there might be bloodshed. And all of this 10’ in front of me. Old guy #1 liked the phrase “Dumbocrats” and used it a lot. In the end no blood shed. Free entertainment….

Later that day picked up my bride at the Cleveland airport and the vacation was officially on.

Day 6 (yesterday) - Drove to Buffalo, NY, got a room and went to the Anchor Bar. This is the original spot where chicken wings officially became a thing. This very bar. Old building, cold beer and great wings.

While there, I struck up a conversation with another guy at the bar who happened to be Pedo St. guy. He immediately brought up what a screw job PSU got in ‘94 as they also finished undefeated but “The voters GAVE the Natty to Nebraska because they felt sorry for TO”

Of course I couldn’t let him get away with that. I clarified a few details about that season for both teams and, in the end, he didn’t have much of a rebuttal. After that I also couldn’t pass up the opportunity to remind him of the “out of bounds” pass completion in ‘82. That was also a short conversation. Fucking idiot.

Spent 4-5 hours at Niagara Falls today, had a couple of beers at the Hard Rock and ended up in Syracuse tonight. Eventual destination is Maine, real maple syrup, colorful leaves and lots of lobster. Let’s hope to hell we win Saturday…..🏈

GBR

Be sure to “put a pin” in every state while you’re up that way, amigo. Gotta check ‘em all!

Tales from the road (if anyone really cares)….😂

* Day 1 - Drove 7 hrs to Beebeetown and hung out at the farm with my 92 yo mom.

Days 2/3 - on to west Des Moines (actually Urbandale) to hang with my son and his family.

Day 4 (Sunday) - Drove to South Bend, IN. Found a great dive bar, lost my main credit card and visited Touchdown Jesus the next morning before leaving town. (never found the card. Fuck me….)

Day 5 - drove to Cleveland. Stopped at a Loves gas station/ Truck stop and witnessed first hand a near throw-down right out at the gas pumps.

Some old boy (ballpark 75 yrs old) beside me was getting gas when another 75 yr old pulled up to the pump behind us. That guy, upon getting out of his car, yelled at the other old guy “Did you lose a bet?” Old guy #1 didn’t hear/understand him and guy #2 repeated: “Did you lose a bet?”

Old guy #1 said “No, why do you ask?” Old guy #2 pointed to old guy #1’s “Trump” ball cap and said: Why in the hell else would you be so god damn dumb as to wear a hat that said “Trump”

And the verbal sparring/ threats/ bad mouthing was on. I seriously thought at one point there might be bloodshed. And all of this 10’ in front of me. Old guy #1 liked the phrase “Dumbocrats” and used it a lot. In the end no blood shed. Free entertainment….

Later that day picked up my bride at the Cleveland airport and the vacation was officially on.

Day 6 (yesterday) - Drove to Buffalo, NY, got a room and went to the Anchor Bar. This is the original spot where chicken wings officially became a thing. This very bar. Old building, cold beer and great wings.

While there, I struck up a conversation with another guy at the bar who happened to be Pedo St. guy. He immediately brought up what a screw job PSU got in ‘94 as they also finished undefeated but “The voters GAVE the Natty to Nebraska because they felt sorry for TO”

Of course I couldn’t let him get away with that. I clarified a few details about that season for both teams and, in the end, he didn’t have much of a rebuttal. After that I also couldn’t pass up the opportunity to remind him of the “out of bounds” pass completion in ‘82. That was also a short conversation. Fucking idiot.

Spent 4-5 hours at Niagara Falls today, had a couple of beers at the Hard Rock and ended up in Syracuse tonight. Eventual destination is Maine, real maple syrup, colorful leaves and lots of lobster. Let’s hope to hell we win Saturday…..🏈

GBR

Dang, that's a whole lotta windshield time. I feel like you drive a lot though, to and from Omaha and what not. What are you driving these days?

Dang, that's a whole lotta windshield time. I feel like you drive a lot though, to and from Omaha and what not. What are you driving these days?

I would say there is a 50% chance it’s something like this
tp89fjm6ckpwtg6qjhkb34a0dsm.gif

but our boy @Elizabeth Reed is a thief I mean financial advisor stock broker so he probably drives something fancy.

Forgot to post these pics.

IMG-5452.jpg

IMG-5455.jpg

IMG-5458.jpg

1341-A023-BD5-D-484-D-94-A3-7-F18-F8-E16-F9-E.jpg

Took them Tuesday, first time we have been to Selden after the Tornado.

4 big grain bins gone, multiple buildings gone (including some old brick buildings that were built in the 1890s)

American legion still has broken windows and plaster, the sign on the front is literally being held up by a pole wedged against it. They haven’t been able get carpenters or a window contractor to come out yet since it’s just 1 building and so isolated. FEMA has not even started processing people’s requests/applications yet.

Just like last year when 1/3 of the town had Covid and another 1/3 were in quarantine (mostly spouses) and the nearest real town is Colby (5,500) and its 35 miles away. Oberlin (1,600) and Hoxie (1,200) are both 22 miles away, so at least a Dollar General is only about 1 hour round trip away...
Screen-Shot-2021-09-30-at-10-29-13-AM.png

Nobody cared. Rural America is beyond an after thought for Government (State or Fed). BUT at least local Kansas media covered the daily press conferences of Gov. Kelly when she would discuss things as far west as Topeka and as “rural” as Lawrence. *eye-roll* 🙄

Reminds me of the wild fire scene in Hell or High Water.

229-EC4-E8-008-F-48-F8-A0-B0-02-D22-F4780-D4.jpg

I've donated more than 16 gallons of blood myself... Crazy that the whole thing started with my absolutely hating my job and one day we had the mobile blood bank truck there and they'd give you the afternoon off if you donated, so I did.

sacha-baron-cohen-respect.gif

*I myself have donated 0.0 because I suffer from being such an alpha male jackhammer badass tough guy Hero man of honor legend warrior... that I pass out having my blood drawn, like all the cool kids do.

sacha-baron-cohen-respect.gif

*I myself have donated 0.0 because I suffer from being such an alpha male jackhammer badass tough guy Hero man of honor legend warrior... that I pass out having my blood drawn, like all the cool kids do.

I used to give blood every month because there was a drive at my office. Now that I am WFH, I have not donated in a while. I have a rare blood type also (B-), so Red Cross calls me about every day.

Forgot to post these pics.

IMG-5452.jpg

IMG-5455.jpg

IMG-5458.jpg

1341-A023-BD5-D-484-D-94-A3-7-F18-F8-E16-F9-E.jpg

Took them Tuesday, first time we have been to Selden after the Tornado.

4 big grain bins gone, multiple buildings gone (including some old brick buildings that were built in the 1890s)

American legion still has broken windows and plaster, the sign on the front is literally being held up by a pole wedged against it. They haven’t been able get carpenters or a window contractor to come out yet since it’s just 1 building and so isolated. FEMA has not even started processing people’s requests/applications yet.

Just like last year when 1/3 of the town had Covid and another 1/3 were in quarantine (mostly spouses) and the nearest real town is Colby (5,500) and its 35 miles away. Oberlin (1,600) and Hoxie (1,200) are both 22 miles away, so at least a Dollar General is only about 1 hour round trip away...
Screen-Shot-2021-09-30-at-10-29-13-AM.png

Nobody cared. Rural America is beyond an after thought for Government (State or Fed). BUT at least local Kansas media covered the daily press conferences of Gov. Kelly when she would discuss things as far west as Topeka and as “rural” as Lawrence. *eye-roll* 🙄

Reminds me of the wild fire scene in Hell or High Water.

229-EC4-E8-008-F-48-F8-A0-B0-02-D22-F4780-D4.jpg
Not too far from Alma. My old boss took over the bank there for a while. Think his dad owned it before that.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back