Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

Dang, that's a whole lotta windshield time. I feel like you drive a lot though, to and from Omaha and what not. What are you driving these days?
I would say there is a 50% chance it’s something like this
tp89fjm6ckpwtg6qjhkb34a0dsm.gif

but our boy @Elizabeth Reed is a thief I mean financial advisor stock broker so he probably drives something fancy.
Red American-made pickup truck. He's 308 to the core.
One final observation…….the three states (Illinois, Indiana and Ohio) where I-80 is a toll road have the shitiest road conditions. Where the hell are they spending the money??

Not too far from Alma. My old boss took over the bank there for a while. Think his dad owned it before that.

was it Banner Capitol?

if so I have a few hilarious foreclosure stories and also some grade A gossip about why the Banner Capitol here in McCook was closed

One final observation…….the three states (Illinois, Indiana and Ohio) where I-80 is a toll road have the shitiest road conditions. Where the hell are they spending the money??

The honest answer lies ... somewhere in the "Hy-Vee Parking Lot" thread, but I'll simply say that - once elected - politicians tend to develop a different set of priorities than the people they're elected to serve. It's a simple budget alignment process* for a household (vacation funds are used for vacations, etc.) but gubmints like to throw it all in one big pile so they're no longer beholden to the revenue source. Don't get me started on the lack of a line-item veto ... grrrr.

* yes, we have a 'general fund'

was it Banner Capitol?

if so I have a few hilarious foreclosure stories and also some grade A gossip about why the Banner Capitol here in McCook was closed
It's First State Bank. It doesn't seem that long ago but I've been at my current firm for 13 years now. He left to run the bank about a year before that. I didn't much like my other bosses so one of the big reasons I left there. He ran it for 5-10 years and then sold his shares and moved back this way. Maybe Banner Capital is who bought the bank at that time? Not sure if it was just him that sold or all of the owners.

Loewenstein was his name. He's a quirky guy but as a boss he was great if he liked you. Taught me a lot. Had quite a few clients in that area. I never met any of them but I'd recognize a lot of names.

He was terrible with the computer but he knew his shit. He'd go down there and sit in the bank and do tax returns with green ledger sheets and a 10 key. Then bring the info back and give to me to do on the computer. I learned that if it was different than what he got 99 times out of 100 it meant I fucked up. Early on I hardly paid attention to what he did. After figuring out he was better with a 10 key than I was with the computer I'd go back through and find my mistake.

That's probably more than what anyone wants to know but it's one of the few bosses I've had that I miss working with.

Made in America pickup truck at the MLPFC holy land View attachment 5010
I've had more problems with my Yukon than I've ever had with a Chevy. My power steering module went out yesterday as I was turning a corner. That was a strange experience.

2016 with 80k miles I've had the AC go out, transmission, and now the power steering. Getting my money's worth on the warranty but it's still getting annoying. About an hour after I got the Yukon got a call with a great deal on an Expedition. Wishing that call would have come a little sooner.

I've had more problems with my Yukon than I've ever had with a Chevy. My power steering module went out yesterday as I was turning a corner. That was a strange experience.

2016 with 80k miles I've had the AC go out, transmission, and now the power steering. Getting my money's worth on the warranty but it's still getting annoying. About an hour after I got the Yukon got a call with a great deal on an Expedition. Wishing that call would have come a little sooner.

Yukons/Expedition are both pretty damn nice full size SUVs from my limited experience around them. Sounds like you had bad luck and got a lemon

I'm not sure either has the dick heat of the Lincoln Aviator. Those are next level

Yukons/Expedition are both pretty damn nice full size SUVs from my limited experience around them. Sounds like you had bad luck and got a lemon

I'm not sure either has the dick heat of the Lincoln Aviator. Those are next level
I hate spending as much money as I spent on the Yukon. Even if I had stupid money I couldn't see myself dropping 6 figures (or close to it) on a vehicle.

It's First State Bank. It doesn't seem that long ago but I've been at my current firm for 13 years now. He left to run the bank about a year before that. I didn't much like my other bosses so one of the big reasons I left there. He ran it for 5-10 years and then sold his shares and moved back this way. Maybe Banner Capital is who bought the bank at that time? Not sure if it was just him that sold or all of the owners.

Loewenstein was his name. He's a quirky guy but as a boss he was great if he liked you. Taught me a lot. Had quite a few clients in that area. I never met any of them but I'd recognize a lot of names.

He was terrible with the computer but he knew his shit. He'd go down there and sit in the bank and do tax returns with green ledger sheets and a 10 key. Then bring the info back and give to me to do on the computer. I learned that if it was different than what he got 99 times out of 100 it meant I fucked up. Early on I hardly paid attention to what he did. After figuring out he was better with a 10 key than I was with the computer I'd go back through and find my mistake.

That's probably more than what anyone wants to know but it's one of the few bosses I've had that I miss working with.

Back in the 80s my first boss would bring in his wife during tax season and she would double check the numbers then take out the sheets and tie them together with string and stack them in piles based on return type and also alphabetized.
1 attorney, his wife, a para legal, his legal secretary and his regular secretary all 5 working insane hours.

… and when I was there the office did about 1,200 more returns a year than they did back in the day, but with only 2 people doing them.

Drake software > old school

but I respect the hell out of the old school

rocknrolla-oldschool.gif

Back in the 80s my first boss would bring in his wife during tax season and she would double check the numbers then take out the sheets and tie them together with string and stack them in piles based on return type and also alphabetized.
1 attorney, his wife, a para legal, his legal secretary and his regular secretary all 5 working insane hours.

… and when I was there the office did about 1,200 more returns a year than they did back in the day, but with only 2 people doing them.

Drake software > old school

but I respect the hell out of the old school

rocknrolla-oldschool.gif
Old firm was super inefficient. Partner meet with client and look at info. Partner give info to lackey (me) and explain anything unusual. Lackey does return. Back to partner to call client with questions. Back to lackey with questions answered. Back to partner to review. Secretary puts return together and calls client to come in. Partner goes over return with client and gets signatures. Minimum 3 hours in every return. A lot more if the return has anything complicated. Half of which at $300 per hour.

That same return I just do when client comes in. Go over with them. Print and have them sign. 30 minutes if I don't like them and bullshit for the other 30. Give to someone to check for typos 15 minutes. Assuming no typos it's in the mail with less than an hours time.

We do about 4 times the amount of returns with half the people and at half the cost to clients.

Red American-made pickup truck. He's 308 to the core.
I can attest to this. I've toured the fair city of Scottsbluff from the front passenger seat of said vehicle while enjoying a very cold Corona Light on a very hot summer day courtesy of my very gracious host Bomber. 👍 🤜🤛 🍺 🛻 😁.

Forgot to post these pics.

IMG-5452.jpg

IMG-5455.jpg

IMG-5458.jpg

1341-A023-BD5-D-484-D-94-A3-7-F18-F8-E16-F9-E.jpg

Took them Tuesday, first time we have been to Selden after the Tornado.

4 big grain bins gone, multiple buildings gone (including some old brick buildings that were built in the 1890s)

American legion still has broken windows and plaster, the sign on the front is literally being held up by a pole wedged against it. They haven’t been able get carpenters or a window contractor to come out yet since it’s just 1 building and so isolated. FEMA has not even started processing people’s requests/applications yet.

Just like last year when 1/3 of the town had Covid and another 1/3 were in quarantine (mostly spouses) and the nearest real town is Colby (5,500) and its 35 miles away. Oberlin (1,600) and Hoxie (1,200) are both 22 miles away, so at least a Dollar General is only about 1 hour round trip away...
Screen-Shot-2021-09-30-at-10-29-13-AM.png

Nobody cared. Rural America is beyond an after thought for Government (State or Fed). BUT at least local Kansas media covered the daily press conferences of Gov. Kelly when she would discuss things as far west as Topeka and as “rural” as Lawrence. *eye-roll* 🙄

Reminds me of the wild fire scene in Hell or High Water.

229-EC4-E8-008-F-48-F8-A0-B0-02-D22-F4780-D4.jpg
I've been to Benkelman, once. Brother-in-law originally from Geneva had family there on his mom's side. That's all I got.

I can attest to this. I've toured the fair city of Scottsbluff from the front passenger seat of said vehicle while enjoying a very cold Corona Light on a very hot summer day courtesy of my very gracious host Bomber. 👍 🤜🤛 🍺 🛻 😁.
It carries coolers full of Coors light too.

Lucky. I'm still mad he chose fall colors in Maine with his bride over alcohol with me, a complete stranger other than message board accomplice

The honest answer lies ... somewhere in the "Hy-Vee Parking Lot" thread, but I'll simply say that - once elected - politicians tend to develop a different set of priorities than the people they're elected to serve. It's a simple budget alignment process* for a household (vacation funds are used for vacations, etc.) but gubmints like to throw it all in one big pile so they're no longer beholden to the revenue source. Don't get me started on the lack of a line-item veto ... grrrr.

* yes, we have a 'general fund'
I heard a similar story today concerning $14 billion dollars voted by referendum several years ago to build a reservoir to catch the 90+% rain runoff that goes to the ocean in SoCal. Apparently none has been spent because it's all entangled in environmental red tape in order to dig a fucking hole in the ground to avoid water rationing.

Old firm was super inefficient. Partner meet with client and look at info. Partner give info to lackey (me) and explain anything unusual. Lackey does return. Back to partner to call client with questions. Back to lackey with questions answered. Back to partner to review. Secretary puts return together and calls client to come in. Partner goes over return with client and gets signatures. Minimum 3 hours in every return. A lot more if the return has anything complicated. Half of which at $300 per hour.

That same return I just do when client comes in. Go over with them. Print and have them sign. 30 minutes if I don't like them and bullshit for the other 30. Give to someone to check for typos 15 minutes. Assuming no typos it's in the mail with less than an hours time.

We do about 4 times the amount of returns with half the people and at half the cost to clients.
💰💰💰💰

Shhhh……nobody’s supposed to know that Lizzie Reed and Bomber are one in the same!!

🤣😎😂😍✊

It carries coolers full of Coors light too.
That driveway drinking is a damn fine idea, huh?? 😘

Lucky. I'm still mad he chose fall colors in Maine with his bride over alcohol with me, a complete stranger other than message board accomplice
I have several options on how to respond here and I need to make sure that “she who shall not be challenged” doesn’t read any of them. 🤣🤣🤣

@Woodrow F Call ……I promise our paths will cross at some point. 🍺

Last edited:

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back