Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

FAYh9IKXMAkRjs9

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/28/us/politics/stephanie-grishams-book-trump.html

@LoudHogRider
Yeah, that didn't happen. He probably had a sigmoidoscopy which looks at the lower part of your colon only and doesn't require anesthesia. She's either confused on the medical terms or is being willfully disingenuous. A colonoscopy is considered invasive and requires sedation with multiple drugs including a pain killer, sedative and a drug which provides amnesia. Midazolam, Fentanyl and Propofol are commonly used.

The amnesia part is very important as your sub-conscious brain will remember the procedure even with light sedation. Propofol is very effective for that purpose. It's milky white and is jokingly referred to as Milk of Amnesia in a play on words of Milk of Magnesia.

Yeah, that didn't happen. He probably had a sigmoidoscopy which looks at the lower part of your colon only and doesn't require anesthesia. She's either confused on the medical terms or is being willfully disingenuous. A colonoscopy is considered invasive and requires sedation with multiple drugs including a pain killer, sedative and a drug which provides amnesia. Midazolam, Fentanyl and Propofol are commonly used.

The amnesia part is very important as your sub-conscious brain will remember the procedure even with light sedation. Propofol is very effective for that purpose. It's milky white and is jokingly referred to as Milk of Amnesia in a play on words of Milk of Magnesia.

My wife already shot this down too 🙁

but still, let’s try to peer pressure @LoudHogRider into saying no drugs next time he has a procedure

Dad died of cancer related to the colon in 2008.

Despite the potential hereditary issues, I will emulate Don J Trump and get both a colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy with nothing other than a few shots of Johnny Black to dull the pain.

Also, I threw up once after waking from general anesthesia. Who wants to throw up a little and embarrass themselves? Not this guy.

Despite the potential hereditary issues, I will emulate Don J Trump and get both a colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy with nothing other than a few shots of Johnny Black to dull the pain.

Also, I threw up once after waking from general anesthesia. Who wants to throw up a little and embarrass themselves? Not this guy.
Sorry about your Dad. I lost a brother-in-law at 55 to stage 4 colon cancer. He was diagnosed at 53 and I watched him go through 2 years of chemo, radiation, surgery the whole works. Let's all say it together, Fuck Cancer!

On the subject of anesthesia I have a humorous anecdote involving an oral surgeon. The occasion was me having two wisdom teeth removed and we were discussing the various types of locals that he used. I said you know back in the civil war they'd do amputations with only a couple of shots of whiskey as anesthesia. He leaned over, smiled and said things have improved a lot, we have better whiskey now. I laughed.

Propofol is very effective for that purpose. It's milky white and is jokingly referred to as Milk of Amnesia in a play on words of Milk of Magnesia.
I literally looked at the Anesthesiologist as he was putting a syringe of that stuff near my arm and asked, "Is that the 'Say goodnight, Dick' drug?" As another oulde who remembered Dan Rowan's famous line at the end of "Laugh In", he simply pressed the plunger and said, "Goodnight, Dick". I woke up in another room.

My wife already shot this down too 🙁

but still, let’s try to peer pressure @LoudHogRider into saying no drugs next time he has a procedure
iu

I literally looked at the Anesthesiologist as he was putting a syringe of that stuff near my arm and asked, "Is that the 'Say goodnight, Dick' drug?" As another oulde who remembered Dan Rowan's famous line at the end of "Laugh In", he simply pressed the plunger and said, "Goodnight, Dick". I woke up in another room.

iu
Shut up and bite the pillow hog
(Snaps latex glove at the wrist)

Was it my Dad that put you under?

If you had any surgery at Goth/Cozad/Calloway from 93-97 there is a 100% chance it was him

oops-steve-carell.gif

Was it my Dad that put you under?

If you had any surgery at Goth/Cozad/Calloway from 93-97 there is a 100% chance it was him

oops-steve-carell.gif

I think it was 1992, so probably not.

I just remember waking up, rolling over to puke, then having the recovery room nurse (neighbor mom of a good childhood friend, so there's that) put my dick in a bottle so I could pee.

I think it was 1992, so probably not.

I just remember waking up, rolling over to puke, then having the recovery room nurse (neighbor mom of a good childhood friend, so there's that) put my dick in a bottle so I could pee.

Random, but do you remember Dr Bartruff?

he is still practicing (shocking) in Oberlin KS and is the head of county health

Funny story: I was at an Oberlin city council meeting last year and he attended via Zoom. He said “one moment I have a work call” and thought he put himself on Mute…. Entire room got to listen to him order Pizza Hut.

Legend

he is still practicing (shocking) in Oberlin KS and is the head of county health

Funny story: I was at an Oberlin city council meeting last year and he attended via Zoom. He said “one moment I have a work call” and thought he put himself on Mute…. Entire room got to listen to him order Pizza Hut.

Legend
At least he didn't pull a Toobin.

Legend

Craig was the guy that diagnosed my senior year ankle sprain and prescribed one week on crutches. I thought one week was too much football to miss, so I got a second opinion from Strausberger. I ended up in a walking boot for six weeks.

Bartruff was also going to preceptor my wife before he sold the clinic.

Craig was the guy that diagnosed my senior year ankle sprain and prescribed one week on crutches. I thought one week was too much football to miss, so I got a second opinion from Strausberger. I ended up in a walking boot for six weeks.

Bartruff was also going to preceptor my wife before he sold the clinic.
Sounds like the kind of guy who should have gone to veterinary school instead.

Sounds like the kind of guy who should have gone to veterinary school instead.

He's an okay old dude that grew up down between G-burg and Farnam.

For some reason or another, he had a feud with the local volunteer fire department (despite them being the ones that operated the ambulance that brought his patients to the ER). He wouldn't let them use his parking lot for the porta-potties during the fireman's ball each summer.

Also, despite the dog in the clinic, his former wife was such a germ-a-phobe that they built a detached garage with a shower and laundry set so he couldn't enter the house until showering and putting on clean clothes.

He's an okay old dude that grew up down between G-burg and Farnam.

For some reason or another, he had a feud with the local volunteer fire department (despite them being the ones that operated the ambulance that brought his patients to the ER). He wouldn't let them use his parking lot for the porta-potties during the fireman's ball each summer.

Also, despite the dog in the clinic, his former wife was such a germ-a-phobe that they built a detached garage with a shower and laundry set so he couldn't enter the house until showering and putting on clean clothes.

so happy you're ITT now

back in the day a story like that I bet 1/3 the MLPFC would be sketpical on if I was telling the truth or not

Tales from the road (if anyone really cares)….😂

* Day 1 - Drove 7 hrs to Beebeetown and hung out at the farm with my 92 yo mom.

Days 2/3 - on to west Des Moines (actually Urbandale) to hang with my son and his family.

Day 4 (Sunday) - Drove to South Bend, IN. Found a great dive bar, lost my main credit card and visited Touchdown Jesus the next morning before leaving town. (never found the card. Fuck me….)

Day 5 - drove to Cleveland. Stopped at a Loves gas station/ Truck stop and witnessed first hand a near throw-down right out at the gas pumps.

Some old boy (ballpark 75 yrs old) beside me was getting gas when another 75 yr old pulled up to the pump behind us. That guy, upon getting out of his car, yelled at the other old guy “Did you lose a bet?” Old guy #1 didn’t hear/understand him and guy #2 repeated: “Did you lose a bet?”

Old guy #1 said “No, why do you ask?” Old guy #2 pointed to old guy #1’s “Trump” ball cap and said: Why in the hell else would you be so god damn dumb as to wear a hat that said “Trump”

And the verbal sparring/ threats/ bad mouthing was on. I seriously thought at one point there might be bloodshed. And all of this 10’ in front of me. Old guy #1 liked the phrase “Dumbocrats” and used it a lot. In the end no blood shed. Free entertainment….

Later that day picked up my bride at the Cleveland airport and the vacation was officially on.

Day 6 (yesterday) - Drove to Buffalo, NY, got a room and went to the Anchor Bar. This is the original spot where chicken wings officially became a thing. This very bar. Old building, cold beer and great wings.

While there, I struck up a conversation with another guy at the bar who happened to be Pedo St. guy. He immediately brought up what a screw job PSU got in ‘94 as they also finished undefeated but “The voters GAVE the Natty to Nebraska because they felt sorry for TO”

Of course I couldn’t let him get away with that. I clarified a few details about that season for both teams and, in the end, he didn’t have much of a rebuttal. After that I also couldn’t pass up the opportunity to remind him of the “out of bounds” pass completion in ‘82. That was also a short conversation. Fucking idiot.

Spent 4-5 hours at Niagara Falls today, had a couple of beers at the Hard Rock and ended up in Syracuse tonight. Eventual destination is Maine, real maple syrup, colorful leaves and lots of lobster. Let’s hope to hell we win Saturday…..🏈

GBR

Tales from the road (if anyone really cares)….😂

* Day 1 - Drove 7 hrs to Beebeetown and hung out at the farm with my 92 yo mom.

Days 2/3 - on to west Des Moines (actually Urbandale) to hang with my son and his family.

Day 4 (Sunday) - Drove to South Bend, IN. Found a great dive bar, lost my main credit card and visited Touchdown Jesus the next morning before leaving town. (never found the card. Fuck me….)

Day 5 - drove to Cleveland. Stopped at a Loves gas station/ Truck stop and witnessed first hand a near throw-down right out at the gas pumps.

Some old boy (ballpark 75 yrs old) beside me was getting gas when another 75 yr old pulled up to the pump behind us. That guy, upon getting out of his car, yelled at the other old guy “Did you lose a bet?” Old guy #1 didn’t hear/understand him and guy #2 repeated: “Did you lose a bet?”

Old guy #1 said “No, why do you ask?” Old guy #2 pointed to old guy #1’s “Trump” ball cap and said: Why in the hell else would you be so god damn dumb as to wear a hat that said “Trump”

And the verbal sparring/ threats/ bad mouthing was on. I seriously thought at one point there might be bloodshed. And all of this 10’ in front of me. Old guy #1 liked the phrase “Dumbocrats” and used it a lot. In the end no blood shed. Free entertainment….

Later that day picked up my bride at the Cleveland airport and the vacation was officially on.

Day 6 (yesterday) - Drove to Buffalo, NY, got a room and went to the Anchor Bar. This is the original spot where chicken wings officially became a thing. This very bar. Old building, cold beer and great wings.

While there, I struck up a conversation with another guy at the bar who happened to be Pedo St. guy. He immediately brought up what a screw job PSU got in ‘94 as they also finished undefeated but “The voters GAVE the Natty to Nebraska because they felt sorry for TO”

Of course I couldn’t let him get away with that. I clarified a few details about that season for both teams and, in the end, he didn’t have much of a rebuttal. After that I also couldn’t pass up the opportunity to remind him of the “out of bounds” pass completion in ‘82. That was also a short conversation. Fucking idiot.

Spent 4-5 hours at Niagara Falls today, had a couple of beers at the Hard Rock and ended up in Syracuse tonight. Eventual destination is Maine, real maple syrup, colorful leaves and lots of lobster. Let’s hope to hell we win Saturday…..🏈

GBR

I bet the two old guys were Redblooded and Bobfather. Were you laughing the whole time or pretending not to notice?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back