Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

well look who decided to show up jim carrey GIF

It's why I terminated my Rivals membership. I love the fact that there's a spot for that (Hy-Vee Parking Lot) for those that want to thrash around in those topics, but I'd had enough of politics spilling over into EVERY COT DAM THREAD.

There are times when I enjoy engaging in those discussions, but only if it's with people who approach those discussions with an open mind. I'm receptive to learning and understanding other's perspectives but I'm afraid that places me in a distinct minority in these divisive times. Sad.
tMB is good primarily for breaking news now. The end of the regular mods and the takeover by GenMod is killing off everything else worthwhile. It's impossible to get rid of trolls and and one trick ponies but the mods have no problem deleting threads on a whim, usually political.

There are some pearls from time to time but you have to wade through a lot of garbage to find them.

i havent been on tmb in months. too politicy
Here's a current example of the scintillating repartee you're missing out on back on tMB. This is from a thread on Gen. Milley today:

Poster 1: Back in the American Revolution you would be considered a Tory.

Poster 2: Today he's considered a bitch.

Poster 1: And Trump followers would be considered lemmings.

Poster 2: And you love the cock.

Poster 3: How do you manage to suck so much cock with your mask on 24/7?

This is pretty much every thread now.

Here's a current example of the scintillating repartee you're missing out on back on tMB. This is from a thread on Gen. Milley today:

Poster 1: Back in the American Revolution you would be considered a Tory.

Poster 2: Today he's considered a bitch.

Poster 1: And Trump followers would be considered lemmings.

Poster 2: And you love the cock.

Poster 3: How do you manage to suck so much cock with your mask on 24/7?

This is pretty much every thread now.
To be honest, that sounds a lot like i always remember it to have been.

Breaking camp right after I finish this cup
of Joe, which I’m raising in a SW facing toast in your direction.

could have came to McCook for Sehnerts Bakery… the ONLY James Beard award winning restaurant in the state of Nebraska.

**Not a joke

https://www.google.com/amp/s/omaha....012f192b-d64f-5b7f-b147-8a45ff663ce0.amp.html

https://www.mccookgazette.com/story/2584255.html

https://sehnerts.com/

I can’t imagine living in a city that doesn’t have James Beard award winner…

pinky-up-modern-family.gif

**my baby Boomer father early retirement antics update**

He has purchased a $700 metal detector and book on metal detecting/collecting.

He now refers to himself and others like him as “Detectorist”.

He has been showing my 21 month old son the metal detector on FaceTime for about 15 mins now.

My mother blames the stupid “Curse of Oak Island” show for this. (agreed)

He has wanted one since he was a poor kid in Valentine. I didn’t think the “2nd childhood” applied until much later in life

**my baby Boomer father early retirement antics update**

He has purchased a $700 metal detector and book on metal detecting/collecting.

He now refers to himself and others like him as “Detectorist”.

He has been showing my 21 month old son the metal detector on FaceTime for about 15 mins now.

My mother blames the stupid “Curse of Oak Island” show for this. (agreed)

He has wanted one since he was a poor kid in Valentine. I didn’t think the “2nd childhood” applied until much later in life

I could think of worse hobbies a retired boomer could get into.

My 68 year old man is on his way to St Joe MO to get a like new Gehl silage blower he bought for $350 because we still handle high moisture corn like its 1978 around here.

Why don't we just put in a concrete bunker and hire the hay grinder and put his corn grate in to mill the corn, we'll be done in one day Dad.?

Do you have any idea how expensive concrete is!?

15 years ago the concrete work would've ran about 22k. We just put our second 20k refurbished chain unloader in the upright harvestore in as many years. The concrete would still have another 50 years of life in with zero maintenance, but what the fuck does Woodrow know..

Last edited:
I could think of worse hobbies a retired boomer could get into.

My 68 year old man is on his way to St Joe MO to get a like new Gehl silage blower he bought for $350 because we still handle high moisture corn like its 1978 around here.

Why don't we just put in a concrete bunker and hire the hay grinder and put his corn grate in to mill the corn, we'll be done in one day Dad.?

Do you have any idea how expensive concrete is!?

15 years ago the concrete work would've ran about 22k. We just put our second 20k refurbished chain unloader in the upright harvestore in as many years. The concrete would still have another 50 years of life in with zero maintenance, but what the fuck does Woodrow know..

I went to high school with 2 cops in St Joe (1 is a female who we both lost our virginities together)

Also another buddy from high school is pretty high up at the ADM in St Joe

Also I think 1 guy that was 2 years older than me but we were on the golf team together is now a professor at Missouri Western, dude was such a pot head it’s probably the perfect profession for him

could have came to McCook for Sehnerts Bakery… the ONLY James Beard award winning restaurant in the state of Nebraska.

**Not a joke

https://www.google.com/amp/s/omaha....012f192b-d64f-5b7f-b147-8a45ff663ce0.amp.html

https://www.mccookgazette.com/story/2584255.html

https://sehnerts.com/

I can’t imagine living in a city that doesn’t have James Beard award winner…

pinky-up-modern-family.gif
I'll see your James Beard award winning bakery and raise you with...wait for it..a James Beard winning Pho noodle soup restaurant right here in Orange County.

Longtime Garden Grove Pho Restaurant Receives Prestigious James Beard Award​

The locals who eat there probably couldn't tell you the difference between James Beard and James Bond but it is damn good soup.

I'll see your James Beard award winning bakery and raise you with...wait for it..a James Beard winning Pho noodle soup restaurant right here in Orange County.

The locals who eat there probably couldn't tell you the difference between James Beard and James Bond but it is damn good soup.

Can you imagine not having a James Beard award winner in your city?

poors
9b5.jpg

poors
9b5.jpg
We ate at our favorite Italian restaurant in the whole wide world Mangia Mangia in Huntington Beach tonight and after a couple of bottles of Prosecco and a bottle of 2015 BV Cab from my cellar I'm in a story telling mood.

On the subject of pho, there was a group of young Vietnamese guys in Orange County who opened two pho restaurants in Little Saigon. To get the inside joke a bit of Vietnamese language knowledge is necessary. Pho in Vietnamese is pronounced fuh not foe like it's spelled. This goes over the head of most Americans which is why this is so great. The two restaurants were Pho King and What the Pho?

poors
9b5.jpg

Yeah, well I had a cheeseburger and 2 coors lights last night, one of the coors was barely below room temperature.

Not so fancy now are ya boys?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back