Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

Might be going with the entire family to the Purdoodoo game.

My Aunt/Uncle and parents all got invited to watch the game in a Box and invited us. So at least it’s not general admission seats but id 1000% rather watch the game at home. Taking my almost 2 year old son to Lincoln/memorial sounds like Hell.

I have 6 weeks to get a good excuse, but if I end up going I should be pretty easy to spot.

Might be going with the entire family to the Purdoodoo game.

My Aunt/Uncle and parents all got invited to watch the game in a Box and invited us. So at least it’s not general admission seats but id 1000% rather watch the game at home. Taking my almost 2 year old son to Lincoln/memorial sounds like Hell.

I have 6 weeks to get a good excuse, but if I end up going I should be pretty easy to spot.

Pro-tip.

The more you travel and put yourself through a little public hell from time to time with a 2 year old, makes it a lot easier for you and him both when he's 5+

Place just got better. Thank you for everything you did for us on tMB both seen and behind the scenes. I think you're going to like it here as we've put the band back together. Same song just a different verse.
What did he do? Maybe I should make him a mod!

i havent been on tmb in months. too politicy
It's why I terminated my Rivals membership. I love the fact that there's a spot for that (Hy-Vee Parking Lot) for those that want to thrash around in those topics, but I'd had enough of politics spilling over into EVERY COT DAM THREAD.

There are times when I enjoy engaging in those discussions, but only if it's with people who approach those discussions with an open mind. I'm receptive to learning and understanding other's perspectives but I'm afraid that places me in a distinct minority in these divisive times. Sad.

My father in law has declared it “rubbish” and off limits for the family

Haven’t been in years

What Indian places in Omaha are approved? Spending more and more time in Omaha and I need my fix. I went to one on like 72nd Pacific recently and it was fucking abysmal. Very clearly microwaved soup, stale naan, rice was fucking gross.

What Indian places in Omaha are approved? Spending more and more time in Omaha and I need my fix. I went to one on like 72nd Pacific recently and it was fucking abysmal. Very clearly microwaved soup, stale naan, rice was fucking gross.

The Indians only really like the food from the 2 Indian grocery stores (Namaste Plaza right below Dodge over 114th and Patel/Konarck just north of oak view mall) and the restaurant next door to Patel brothers grocery/Konark grocery is good. It used to be called Kurry Xpress but now it’s called Desi Bites.

indian restaurants aren’t usually authentic because 99% of your customer base isn’t Indian. They cater to what white people like, same as China buffets and Mexican places do. (and that doesn’t mean it’s not spicy, it usually just means more meat and things that Indians don’t eat as much of. Ex: white people love butter chicken, but Indians think of butter chicken like we think of a thanksgiving feast. It’s good but they cook it like that maybe twice a year.)

The Indians only really like the food from the 2 Indian grocery stores (Namaste Plaza right below Dodge over 114th and Patel/Konarck just north of oak view mall) and the restaurant next door to Patel brothers grocery/Konark grocery is good. It used to be called Kurry Xpress but now it’s called Desi Bites.

indian restaurants aren’t usually authentic because 99% of your customer base isn’t Indian. They cater to what white people like, same as China buffets and Mexican places do. (and that doesn’t mean it’s not spicy, it usually just means more meat and things that Indians don’t eat as much of. Ex: white people love butter chicken, but Indians think of butter chicken like we think of a thanksgiving feast. It’s good but they cook it like that maybe twice a year.)

Cool, thanks. I'm guessing I've only really tried white people indian. I normally get lamb/chicken vindaloo or madras. If my nose isn't gushing by the end of the meal I'm disappointed.

Cool, thanks. I'm guessing I've only really tried white people indian. I normally get lamb/chicken vindaloo or madras. If my nose isn't gushing by the end of the meal I'm disappointed.

no shame in that man

the opposite if true for Indians (as in they love white people food most of us don't consider high end), all the Indians love certain chain places in the USA and think the food is amazing

ex: Cheesecake factory, Noodles and Company, Old Chicago, Chuys, etc etc. If you do a search for noodles and company I'm sure you will find a picture I posted ITT of when I was in omaha a few weeks ago I had to go pick up food from the Indian's favorite authentic homemade Italian joint... noodles and co

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back