Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Mitch Sherman - The Athletic (4 Viewers)

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Hell likely kill it at his pro day workouts. He’s a freak show athletically. And you’ve got to be a freak show to play at that level. Centers that can move like him. They’re rare. And valuable.
That freak show sure did help our running game this year. Lots of success running up the middle.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Why? He can’t just bite the hand that feeds him. Most ADs don’t have absolute power.
The AD his hired to make decisions within the athletic department. If anyone outside is making decisions other than the Chancellor or president when worried about money, then there's no point in having an AD.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
The AD his hired to make decisions within the athletic department. If anyone outside is making decisions other than the Chancellor or president when worried about money, then there's no point in having an AD.
I don’t think it’s that simple at major college programs. The thing I find the funniest is some of the big money people must not care about winning. This shit wouldn’t happen with sec teams even if it was their golden boy leading them.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
I don’t think it’s that simple at major college programs. The thing I find the funniest is some of the big money people must not care about winning. This shit wouldn’t happen with sec teams even if it was their golden boy leading them.
I would say it's that simple at college programs that want to win. Boosters don't know shit. They're there to give money so that hires can be made. When the man hired to make the decisions says the coach needs to go/stay then that's what needs to happen.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I would say it's that simple at college programs that want to win. Boosters don't know shit. They're there to give money so that hires can be made. When the man hired to make the decisions says the coach needs to go/stay then that's what needs to happen.
Most ADs aren’t going rogue. I don’t know what else to tell you. Frost got his get out of jail free card. I wanted him fired as bad as anyone but it doesn’t matter what I think.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
LOL. You seam awfully butthurt about all of this. Like one guy is going to pave the way running up the middle...
I’m not actually butthurt lol it just baffles me how some could think Jurgens is getting drafted round 4. Reminds me of 160 pound Spielman going round 3.

I’ll pay your tPB membership for a year if Cam gets drafted round 1-4. Screenshot this

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Most ADs aren’t going rogue. I don’t know what else to tell you. Frost got his get out of jail free card. I wanted him fired as bad as anyone but it doesn’t matter what I think.
An AD doesn't have to go rogue when the boosters let him make his own decisions. Why is that concept so foreign to you? It's like hiring an engineer to design a building then instead of listening to him you design half yourself. Now 5 years later you're wondering why your building is falling apart.

GAHusker

Cornerback
I’m not actually butthurt lol it just baffles me how some could think Jurgens is getting drafted round 4. Reminds me of 160 pound Spielman going round 3.

I’ll pay your tPB membership for a year if Cam gets drafted round 1-4. Screenshot this
The more ridiculous takes are that he could easily switch to guard in the NFL. Lol

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
An AD doesn't have to go rogue when the boosters let him make his own decisions. Why is that concept so foreign to you? It's like hiring an engineer to design a building then instead of listening to him you design half yourself. Now 5 years later you're wondering why your building is falling apart.
Part of being an AD is about the money aspect. If a vast majority of big money wanted to give Frost another year Turd or any AD isn’t making that move. Why is that foreign to you? It’s no different anywhere else. I have my doubts if we ever get this fixed myself.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Part of being an AD is about the money aspect. If a vast majority of big money wanted to give Frost another year Turd or any AD isn’t making that move. Why is that foreign to you? It’s no different anywhere else. I have my doubts if we ever get this fixed myself.
I understand what you're saying, but I think successful programs have learned that they can't force their ADs to make decisions if they want success. Nebraska obviously has not learned that lesson. You think anyone at Wisconsin was telling Alvarez who to hire?

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Unfortunately the AD is like a political position and he will have to play the game if he wants to get anything done for now. The Tradition Coalition/Boosters, Etc have been in control for a long time now so Turd will have to play ball for awhile until he can move himself and the AD into a more powerful position to make decisions on their own without as much interference. For instance he knew he couldn't fire Frost at this time without a bunch of blowback so he came up with a contract that left the AD in a more powerful position with Frosts future and which also gave Frost a chance to prove himself. It's a win/win for the AD for now, Frost improves great, if he doesn't then they are in a much better position if/when they have to fire him.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I understand what you're saying, but I think successful programs have learned that they can't force their ADs to make decisions if they want success. Nebraska obviously has not learned that lesson. You think anyone at Wisconsin was telling Alvarez who to hire?
No but he is a legend. I could counter and say does the AD run the show at Oregon or does Phil Knight? I’m just saying the AD still has to answer to those with money. I wish our boosters were acting like sec boosters.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
No but he is a legend. I could counter and say does the AD run the show at Oregon or does Phil Knight? I’m just saying the AD still has to answer to those with money. I wish our boosters were acting like sec boosters.
The advantage Oregon has is Phil Knight is THE booster. None of the others matter near as much. I would much rather Nebraska was in that scenario. Nebraska has too many cooks in the kitchen.

Huskerzz9457

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
The advantage Oregon has is Phil Knight is THE booster. None of the others matter near as much. I would much rather Nebraska was in that scenario. Nebraska has too many cooks in the kitchen.
He has a few dollars lol, look at their recently announced indoor facility rendering

LRNKAPNHZBABTMPAQQE47OC54E.jpg

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds