Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Sherman comments on Kaelin and Carter Nelson today (1 Viewer)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Excerpts from Mitch Sherman today - some interesting Kaelin comments, Carter Nelson sounds (to me) more & more like he isn't coming to Lincoln

Impact of Daniel Kaelin’s commitment on Nebraska’s recruiting​

By Mitch Sherman
2h ago

“Coach Rhule told me from the beginning what he thinks of me as a player,” Kaelin said. “He told me that he thinks I’m as good a quarterback as they could find in the entire country.”

“I think coach Satterfield has an offense that can be tailored to whatever the quarterback’s strengths are,” Kaelin said. “That was a big piece. They’re an offense that’s going to be versatile. They’re going to use their run game to set up the pass game.”
Kaelin values the opportunity to play in a system that features the play-action pass and two-back sets.
“First and foremost,” he said, “they want to be powerful up front and set up a run game.”
https://theathletic.com/4534525/2023/05/20/daniel-kaelin-nebraska-recruiting/
• The successful flip of Kaelin illustrates a kind of recruiting savvy by Nebraska that did not exist in recent years, notably with quarterbacks out of Omaha. Nebraska entered the picture late in 2020 with Omaha Westside’s Cole Payton, who signed with North Dakota State, and the Huskers mismanaged the recruitment of Zane Flores, the recent Gretna graduate who enrolled for the spring at Oklahoma State.
Kaelin worked with Payton and Flores under the direction of John Teigland through the Warren Academy.
“It’s just been really different recruiting processes with all of us,” Kaelin said.
Finally, however, Nebraska got one of these players. Kaelin touts the development of other quarterbacks in the same training pipeline — rising seniors Brady McGill at Omaha Roncalli and Anthony Rezac at Omaha Westside, sophomore Will Anderson at Bellevue West and incoming freshman Braylen Warren at Westside.
• Kaelin is working to set up an official visit to Nebraska for the weekend of June 23. His teammates at Bellevue West, four-star wide receivers Dae’vonn Hall and Isaiah McMorris, are looking at the same weekend, Kaelin said.
The Huskers gained ground this spring with Hall and McMorris, the second- and third-rated prospects in Nebraska, even before the commitment of Kaelin. His pledge should help the Huskers’ bid.
“I’m only as good as the guys around me,” Kaelin said, “so I just want to make sure we’re getting as many talented guys who can see the vision that coach Rhule has in Nebraska.”
• Kaelin said he’ll make the short drive to Lincoln repeatedly this year to see visiting recruits: “I want to be there as much as possible.”
And his time on campus will allow him to get a head start with terminology and film study.
Nelson, the top-ranked tight end in Nebraska and the No. 8 tight end nationally, according to the 247Sports Composite, might add another visit or two. He has talked extensively with Auburn, which sent an assistant coach Saturday to watch Nelson at the state track meet in Omaha, and with Alabama.
“If they can put in the effort today,” Nelson said of the coaches who’ve traveled to watch him play basketball and track, “they’re going to put in the effort to develop me as a player.”
Nelson toured several SEC schools in early April. They’re far from home. Georgia will send a car to retrieve Nelson in Ainsworth for a four-hour drive to Omaha ahead of his early morning flight to Georgia for the official visit next month.
He likes what schools in the South have to offer.
“Ever since I’ve been young, they’ve been winning,” Nelson said. “And that’s what’s important to me. I want to go somewhere I can win. It’s definitely important to me to win and just have a culture of winning.”
It’s interesting, for certain, that he has scheduled to visit Georgia alongside Raiola in June and Nebraska with Kaelin. Nelson has established relationships with both quarterbacks. Who can win him over?
“I think we have a pretty good shot,” Kaelin said.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
💦💦💦I think we have a pretty good shot💦💦💦

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Nelson ain’t coming. It’s been obvious

unfortunately, I think you are correct. I doubt we are even in his top 3.

I'm good friends with an Asst. Coach at and one of the Administrators at Ainsworth High School. They have consistently told me all along that its a 2 team race between Notre Dame and Nebraska. He's allegedly only visiting Georgia because he's became pretty good friends with Raiola, but he doesn't feel the same connections to the coaches that he does at Notre Dame and Nebraska.

Marcus Freeman and Matt Rhule are the only two Head Coaches who have visited Ainsworth. And that really resonated with Nelson's family.

I think its also worth mentioning that Carter Nelson's observations of Deion Sanders after he visited Colorado a few months ago. Deion didn't want him to refer to him as "Coach Sanders." He apparently told him something to the effect of, "Prime want you to call him Prime." Carter didn't remember anything else of note about the visit afterwards, only that Prime referred to himself in the 3rd person, but that 3rd person name was a nickname.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
I'm good friends with an Asst. Coach at and one of the Administrators at Ainsworth High School. They have consistently told me all along that its a 2 team race between Notre Dame and Nebraska. He's allegedly only visiting Georgia because he's became pretty good friends with Raiola, but he doesn't feel the same connections to the coaches that he does at Notre Dame and Nebraska.

Marcus Freeman and Matt Rhule are the only two Head Coaches who have visited Ainsworth. And that really resonated with Nelson's family.

I think its also worth mentioning that Carter Nelson's observations of Deion Sanders after he visited Colorado a few months ago. Deion didn't want him to refer to him as "Coach Sanders." He apparently told him something to the effect of, "Prime want you to call him Prime." Carter didn't remember anything else of note about the visit afterwards, only that Prime referred to himself in the 3rd person, but that 3rd person name was a nickname.
the rock n64 GIF

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
This is hilarious hahaha

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Interesting - the mood from Dean and his staff in RSS has gone from (my words) "he'll be tough to pull" to "a little better than even money he comes to Nebraska" with Georgia taking one of their top TE recruits yesterday.2023-05-23.png

2023-05-23a.png

Last edited:

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t get how Auburn fits into any of this. If you want to go south and play for a proven winner, you can do a lot better than Auburn
I was thinking a Georgia/ND/Bama top 3 with this comment

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
it's actually on the creepy side of hilarious
I'm starting to wonder whether he'll hold up mentally if CU is dogshit this year. with his ego I don't see him being the type to take any responsibility. it's going to be fun when he starts throwing everyone under the bus (except for his QB, obviously)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

george GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds