Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Minnesota being pre-emptive in what could be a wild coaching carousel.. (1 Viewer)

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Damn, did they bump his pay or just extend him?

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Despite my disdain for Fleck, sadly, I think he's got an idea of what he's doing despite all of his douchebaggedness.
He's a fit for Minnesota. He's a Tresselball guy whose best talent is hiding that. At the end of the day it's very traditional Big 10, ball control scheme. I just don't think he's going to push for any high profile jobs because of that and I think he understands that. I think a team like Cockeye could probably benefit from pushing their scheme a bit more in that direction (not ball control, they already do that, more RPO elements).

I do think people forget that he was given a pretty good runway from Kill who really started the rebuild there (since the latest Big expansion 8-5, 8-5, 6-7 the year his health took him out, and then 9-4 in Claeys' only year).

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
He's a fit for Minnesota. He's a Tresselball guy whose best talent is hiding that. At the end of the day it's very traditional Big 10, ball control scheme. I just don't think he's going to push for any high profile jobs because of that and I think he understands that. I think a team like Cockeyes could probably benefit from pushing their scheme a bit more in that direction (not ball control, they already do that, more RPO elements).

I do think people forget that he was given a pretty good runway from Kill who really started the rebuild there (since the latest Big expansion 8-5, 8-5, 6-7 the year his health took him out, and then 9-4 in Claeys' only year).
I think he's a little more creative than the traditional Tresselball. Yes, it is ball control, but I'll give them credit. They have a clear cut identity on offense, and it does fit them well. They #1 find a QB that can run and read their RPOs. They then feature massive OL and put multiples of them in the game, sometimes 7 of the big hogs, and they run IZ/OZ very well, and then challenge your run fits with routes that break into open areas of the conflict defenders that have run and pass responsibilities. And that's probably what I'm most jealous of, is that they have a clear cut identity on offense...and we don't. And it pisses me off.

Yes, Kill did a great job developing that program, so it's not like he walked into poop. He's had dudes at RB and at WR that makes their offense go.

I do think he's a gigantic piece of shit that puts on a show and will run anyone over that gets in his way or doesn't adhere rigidly to his ultra hype guy persona. I don't think that would be a fit at all places, especially a place like USC.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I don't think people realize the status difference between the B1G/SEC and the rest of the country. Even a mid tier B1G job like Minnesota is better than like 98% of the jobs outside the B1G/SEC. And they pay more.

That's why guys like Fleck are smart enough to not go anywhere. I'll bet he's there a very long time unless a top 5-8 job comes calling. If MN can pay $5m/yr it doesn't make sense for him to go anywhere else (minus those 5-8 elite programs).

This is completely different than what the B1G looked like 15 yrs ago.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds