Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

When Minnesota wins the West, I hope they send a thank you card to Jeff Sins (2 Viewers)

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
I think the following is going to happen the rest of the season:

Minnesota is going to beat Illinois, Purdue, and Wisconsin. They will lose to Ohio State - 6-3 finish
Nebraska is going to beat Sparty, Maryland, and Cockeye. They will lose at Wisconsin - 6-3 finish
Cockeye is going to beat Northwestern, Rutgers, and Illinois, but lose to Nebraska - 6-3 finish
Wisconsin will lose to Minnesota after beating Indiana, NW, and Nebraska - 6-3 finish.

Minnesota will win the tiebreaker over all teams, and the division.

Technically speaking, the 4 teams would all win a "Co-Share" of the division. Cockeye will of course make rings. But Minnesota would be considered the true winner.... All courtesy of Jeff Sins.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
1. The records of the three (or more) tied teams will be compared based on winning percentage in games between the tied teams.

• (a) Example: East 1 is 2-0 in games between the tied teams with wins over East 2 and 3 - East 1 would be the representative.
2. The records of the three (or more) tied teams will be compared based on winning percentage within their division.

3. The records of the three (or more) teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5, 6, and 7).

• (a) When arriving at a group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group, rather than record against the individual teams.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
I don't know...Minnesota has those nice tiebreakers but they're also the only team with a basically guaranteed loss (tOSU). DONU is the hottest team but has a harder remaining schedule than Wisconsin/Cockeye imo. I think Cockeye is the best positioned right now unfortunately.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't know...Minnesota has those nice tiebreakers but they're also the only team with a basically guaranteed loss (tOSU). DONU is the hottest team but has a harder remaining schedule than Wisconsin/Cockeye imo. I think Cockeye is the best positioned right now unfortunately.
Cockeye going to lose to Rutgers and Nebraska.

Minn going to lose to Ohio St.

Wisconsin going to lose to Nebraska.

Doesn't matter who loses between Wisconsin/Minnesota.

B1G West champ....GBR

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
What is the tie breaker if it involves 3 teams?

1. The records of the three (or more) tied teams will be compared based on winning percentage in games between the tied teams.

• (a) Example: East 1 is 2-0 in games between the tied teams with wins over East 2 and 3 - East 1 would be the representative.
2. The records of the three (or more) tied teams will be compared based on winning percentage within their division.

3. The records of the three (or more) teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5, 6, and 7).

• (a) When arriving at a group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group, rather than record against the individual teams.
It's nice that this guy was able to answer your question.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Cockeye going to lose to Rutgers and Nebraska.

Minn going to lose to Ohio St.

Wisconsin going to lose to Nebraska.

Doesn't matter who loses between Wisconsin/Minnesota.

B1G West champ....GBR
Cockeye is going to be tough if we don't clean up the turnovers. They are just way too opportunistic.

They won't be able to move the ball on us but they won't need to when we turn it over in field goal range. And that's a really tough defense.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Cockeye is going to be tough if we don't clean up the turnovers. They are just way too opportunistic.

They won't be able to move the ball on us but they won't need to when we turn it over in field goal range. And that's a really tough defense.

I honestly think they are Nebraska's best matchup of the remaining teams. They want teams to throw the football as their yards allowed per pass attempt and per pass completion are phenomenal. Nebraska can't really throw the football against anyone anyway.

As dumb as it sounds, I think Nebraska's defense can dominate their pathetic offense way more than Cockeye can dominate the Huskers. If people want to really get into the weeds about why Cockeye's offense has been so terrible the last two seasons, it goes beyond Brian Ferentz, and bad QB play.

The problem is they can't run the football anymore. Cockeye is 108th Nationally in rushing offense and they want to run the ball 35 to 40 times per game.

IM4NUALWAYS

Linebacker
Elite Member
I think the following is going to happen the rest of the season:

Minnesota is going to beat Illinois, Purdouche, and Wisconsin. They will lose to Ohio State - 6-3 finish
Nebraska is going to beat Sparty, Maryland, and Cockeye. They will lose at Wisconsin - 6-3 finish
Cockeye is going to beat Northwestern, Rutgers, and Illinois, but lose to Nebraska - 6-3 finish
Wisconsin will lose to Minnesota after beating Indiana, NW, and Nebraska - 6-3 finish.

Minnesota will win the tiebreaker over all teams, and the division.

Technically speaking, the 4 teams would all win a "Co-Share" of the division. Cockeye will of course make rings. But Minnesota would be considered the true winner.... All courtesy of Jeff Sins.
Well really to the coaching staff for having Grant in the game in the 4th quarter. All of them screwed the pooch that day late in the game.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds