Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

March Recruiting Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Please go down on his mother for the greater good. TIA
Awkward Napoleon Dynamite GIF by phlywheel

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Did we know he was having an 'unofficial' this week? Has to be at least decent news that he is here now and then coming on Junior Day.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

It’s no surprise that the Huskers are hosting Texas prospects early and often with the focus the team is placing on the state. Pyle has heard a lot about what Rhule is building in Lincoln which has him excited to visit.

“I’m looking forward to meeting the entire staff and seeing the new facilities that are being built,” Pyle said. “I can’t wait to see the true meaning of GBR!”

Pyle told me that he has a great relationship with Huskers’ offensive line coach Donovan Raiola. He loves Raiola so far and the pair has been on FaceTime quite a bit. Pyle is looking forward to sitting down in person and talking ball with the coach.

After his trip to Nebraska the lineman will be busy. March 10 weekend he will go to Northwestern, then Arizona State followed by a trip to Boston College. He’s also looking at spring visits to UNC, Duke, Cal and Stanford.

As Pyle sorts through his 23 scholarship offers this will be a big spring for him to see which schools rise to the top. He told Inside Nebraska what he’s most looking for in a school.

“I’m looking for a great education, a great coaching staff, and a place I can make a difference,” Pyle said.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

It’s no surprise that the Huskers are hosting Texas prospects early and often with the focus the team is placing on the state. Pyle has heard a lot about what Rhule is building in Lincoln which has him excited to visit.

“I’m looking forward to meeting the entire staff and seeing the new facilities that are being built,” Pyle said. “I can’t wait to see the true meaning of GBR!”

Pyle told me that he has a great relationship with Huskers’ offensive line coach Donovan Raiola. He loves Raiola so far and the pair has been on FaceTime quite a bit. Pyle is looking forward to sitting down in person and talking ball with the coach.

After his trip to Nebraska the lineman will be busy. March 10 weekend he will go to Northwestern, then Arizona State followed by a trip to Boston College. He’s also looking at spring visits to UNC, Duke, Cal and Stanford.

As Pyle sorts through his 23 scholarship offers this will be a big spring for him to see which schools rise to the top. He told Inside Nebraska what he’s most looking for in a school.

“I’m looking for a great education, a great coaching staff, and a place I can make a difference,” Pyle said.

Uncle Donny keeps continuing to vaporize the haters

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
I don’t know anything about the situation other than what I’ve read here, but I think Hall will end up a Husker IF we have space for him when he’s ready to commit. No way he turns down playing with Raiola.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member

Nebraska Recruiting: Getting to know Brock Knutson​

Grant Hansen •about 12 hours
Brock Knutson in-home
Nebraska OL commit Brock Knutson hosted Husker head coach Matt Rhule and offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield on Saturday night.

The 2022-23 recruiting class for Nebraska ranks No. 5 in the Big Ten and No. 28 in the nation, according to Tater Island Consensus Team Rankings. Here is a different look at the recruits who will join the Nebraska roster. This is getting to know the 2023 Nebraska commitment, Brock Knutson.

Name: Brock Knutson

Town (State) High School: Scottsbluff (Neb.), Scottsbluff HS

Position: OT

Height: 6-foot-7

Weight: 295-pounds

Ranking: Three-star/No. 59 OT in country/No. 8 player in Nebraska (Tater Island)

Honors: OWH All-Nebraska Second-Team, LJS First-Team Super State, Unanimous First-Team Class B All-State selection, First-Team All-Western Conference

Other schools visited/considered: Kansas State, Cockeye State, Wyoming, Arizona State

Commitment date: June 6th, 2022

About Brock​

Where were you born?

“I was born and raised in Nebraska. Born in Scottsbluff.”

How many siblings?

“I have an older brother who’s a sophomore at UNL. I have a younger sister.”

What do you like to do in your free time?

“I like to hunt and fish. In the summertime, I do watersports like wakeboarding and waterskiing. In the wintertime I like to snow ski and cook.”

What other sports do you play?

“I wrestled pretty much since I was five all the way up to my sophomore year when COVID hit, I quit.”

What is something that no one knows about you/secret talent?

“My talent is probably cooking, but a lot of people know that about me.”

What’s your favorite thing to cook?

“My family likes my chicken alfredo. I like making steaks and I make a pretty good cheesecake too that they like.”

When you make steaks, grill or cast iron?

“If I’m making fillets, I usually do cast iron. Ribeyes I like better on the grill.”

Favorite musical genre and artist?

“Anything ’80s. Michael Jackson and I like all the ’80s rock bands too like Def Leppard, Aerosmith, AC/DC.”

Favorite class?

“My biology class right now is pretty good.”

Favorite quote?

“Don’t put off to tomorrow what you can do today.”-Grandpa Dave Knutson (Benjamin Franklin)

Favorite video game?

“Any of the Tomb Raider games. I was really big into those.”

Favorite movie?

“Stepbrothers.”

Favorite show you are watching right now?

“I never watched the Walking Dead so I’m going back and watching that right now. Yellowstone is pretty good.”

Who is your favorite athlete?

“Shaq just because he’s a big ol’ dude and he’s kinda goofy and funny.”

Favorite Professional Sports Team

“Probably the Broncos because we’re close to Denver. I don’t really watch a lot of professional football.”

Favorite pair of shoes?

“Yeezys. I love Yeezys.”

Favorite lift?

“Probably squat.”

Kobe or Michael?

“MJ.”

Dunks or Jordans?

“Dunks.”

Playstation or Xbox?

“Xbox”

Mexican or Chinese food?

“Mexican food by far.”

Sweet or sour candy?

“Sour.”

Celebrity crush?

“Margot Robbie.”

The path to Nebraska for Brock Knutson

What do your Nebraska ties mean to you?

“Ever since I was little it was just everything Husker football. We didn’t go to any other professional games or any other college games. You really didn’t have a choice. If you weren’t a Husker fan, you weren’t a part of the Knutson family.”

“I’m sitting in my grandpa’s man cave and there’s Husker stuff everywhere. The tablecloth is Huskers. There’s pictures of Tommie Frazier, Scott Frost, Tom Osborne everywhere. There’s a bunch of signed memorabilia and a football signed by the ’95 championship team. There’s all kinds of stuff.”

“I’ve never done anything besides Huskers.”

What did you think when Matt Rhule told the media about his first call to you?

“I just kinda laughed because at the time, I really didn’t think anything of it. The first impression of the guy, I loved him. He’s like, ‘What do you think about me being hired?'”

“Then I was like, ‘Well, I don’t really care. Like, I’m going to Nebraska to play for Nebraska. If you’re gonna be here, I’m gonna be all in with you and we’re going to the top,’.”

Tell us about your journey through the offer, visiting, and committing.

“I was really highly considering Cockeye State before Nebraska offered me, because before that they weren’t really talking to me that much. I went to the spring game and coach Frost offered me. I always wanted to play there so it was just a straight line from there.”

“I was kinda hiding it. I was hiding it from my dad the whole time and I was kinda freaking him out. I was like, ‘Yeah I don’t know, I’m kinda feeling out of state,’ just to keep him on edge. I committed on my official visit and I didn’t even tell anyone in my family that I was committed that day.”

“We were in coach Frost’s office when I committed and my dad was just shocked. Everyone in my family was blown away. Even if I didn’t go to Nebraska, I would still wear red on Saturdays.”

Was there anything about Nebraska that surprised you on your visit?

“I was surprised how long it took them to offer me. That was like my last offer.”

What do you look forward to the most when it comes to your life as a Husker?

“Coach Rhule texted us on New Year’s Day and told us that our goal while we’re there is to get the program turned around and back to where it was in the 90s. So hopefully we can get that done, win some conference championships and maybe a couple bowl games.”

What is the plan for year one?

“I’m probably going to redshirt the first year. Bigger, faster, stronger are my goals for next year. Get more developed, grow, learn the playbook, and get a better understanding of the coaches and how they work. I think that would be super beneficial having that year in there. Hopefully see some playing time in there, too.”

Favorite part about Lincoln that isn’t on campus?

“I’ll probably say the Haymarket and the Railyard is pretty cool, too.”

What position will you play?

“I’m thinking offensive tackle.”

What number do you want to wear?

Brant Banks entered the transfer portal so hopefully I can get 74.”

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG

Nebraska Recruiting: Getting to know Brock Knutson​

Grant Hansen •about 12 hours
Brock Knutson in-home
Nebraska OL commit Brock Knutson hosted Husker head coach Matt Rhule and offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield on Saturday night.

The 2022-23 recruiting class for Nebraska ranks No. 5 in the Big Ten and No. 28 in the nation, according to Tater Island Consensus Team Rankings. Here is a different look at the recruits who will join the Nebraska roster. This is getting to know the 2023 Nebraska commitment, Brock Knutson.

Name: Brock Knutson

Town (State) High School: Scottsbluff (Neb.), Scottsbluff HS

Position: OT

Height: 6-foot-7

Weight: 295-pounds

Ranking: Three-star/No. 59 OT in country/No. 8 player in Nebraska (Tater Island)

Honors: OWH All-Nebraska Second-Team, LJS First-Team Super State, Unanimous First-Team Class B All-State selection, First-Team All-Western Conference

Other schools visited/considered: Kansas State, Cockeye State, Wyoming, Arizona State

Commitment date: June 6th, 2022

About Brock​

Where were you born?

“I was born and raised in Nebraska. Born in Scottsbluff.”

How many siblings?

“I have an older brother who’s a sophomore at UNL. I have a younger sister.”

What do you like to do in your free time?

“I like to hunt and fish. In the summertime, I do watersports like wakeboarding and waterskiing. In the wintertime I like to snow ski and cook.”

What other sports do you play?

“I wrestled pretty much since I was five all the way up to my sophomore year when COVID hit, I quit.”

What is something that no one knows about you/secret talent?

“My talent is probably cooking, but a lot of people know that about me.”

What’s your favorite thing to cook?

“My family likes my chicken alfredo. I like making steaks and I make a pretty good cheesecake too that they like.”

When you make steaks, grill or cast iron?

“If I’m making fillets, I usually do cast iron. Ribeyes I like better on the grill.”

Favorite musical genre and artist?

“Anything ’80s. Michael Jackson and I like all the ’80s rock bands too like Def Leppard, Aerosmith, AC/DC.”

Favorite class?

“My biology class right now is pretty good.”

Favorite quote?

“Don’t put off to tomorrow what you can do today.”-Grandpa Dave Knutson (Benjamin Franklin)

Favorite video game?

“Any of the Tomb Raider games. I was really big into those.”

Favorite movie?

“Stepbrothers.”

Favorite show you are watching right now?

“I never watched the Walking Dead so I’m going back and watching that right now. Yellowstone is pretty good.”

Who is your favorite athlete?

“Shaq just because he’s a big ol’ dude and he’s kinda goofy and funny.”

Favorite Professional Sports Team

“Probably the Broncos because we’re close to Denver. I don’t really watch a lot of professional football.”

Favorite pair of shoes?

“Yeezys. I love Yeezys.”

Favorite lift?

“Probably squat.”

Kobe or Michael?

“MJ.”

Dunks or Jordans?

“Dunks.”

Playstation or Xbox?

“Xbox”

Mexican or Chinese food?

“Mexican food by far.”

Sweet or sour candy?

“Sour.”

Celebrity crush?

“Margot Robbie.”

The path to Nebraska for Brock Knutson

What do your Nebraska ties mean to you?

“Ever since I was little it was just everything Husker football. We didn’t go to any other professional games or any other college games. You really didn’t have a choice. If you weren’t a Husker fan, you weren’t a part of the Knutson family.”

“I’m sitting in my grandpa’s man cave and there’s Husker stuff everywhere. The tablecloth is Huskers. There’s pictures of Tommie Frazier, Scott Frost, Tom Osborne everywhere. There’s a bunch of signed memorabilia and a football signed by the ’95 championship team. There’s all kinds of stuff.”

“I’ve never done anything besides Huskers.”

What did you think when Matt Rhule told the media about his first call to you?

“I just kinda laughed because at the time, I really didn’t think anything of it. The first impression of the guy, I loved him. He’s like, ‘What do you think about me being hired?'”

“Then I was like, ‘Well, I don’t really care. Like, I’m going to Nebraska to play for Nebraska. If you’re gonna be here, I’m gonna be all in with you and we’re going to the top,’.”

Tell us about your journey through the offer, visiting, and committing.

“I was really highly considering Cockeye State before Nebraska offered me, because before that they weren’t really talking to me that much. I went to the spring game and coach Frost offered me. I always wanted to play there so it was just a straight line from there.”

“I was kinda hiding it. I was hiding it from my dad the whole time and I was kinda freaking him out. I was like, ‘Yeah I don’t know, I’m kinda feeling out of state,’ just to keep him on edge. I committed on my official visit and I didn’t even tell anyone in my family that I was committed that day.”

“We were in coach Frost’s office when I committed and my dad was just shocked. Everyone in my family was blown away. Even if I didn’t go to Nebraska, I would still wear red on Saturdays.”

Was there anything about Nebraska that surprised you on your visit?

“I was surprised how long it took them to offer me. That was like my last offer.”

What do you look forward to the most when it comes to your life as a Husker?

“Coach Rhule texted us on New Year’s Day and told us that our goal while we’re there is to get the program turned around and back to where it was in the 90s. So hopefully we can get that done, win some conference championships and maybe a couple bowl games.”

What is the plan for year one?

“I’m probably going to redshirt the first year. Bigger, faster, stronger are my goals for next year. Get more developed, grow, learn the playbook, and get a better understanding of the coaches and how they work. I think that would be super beneficial having that year in there. Hopefully see some playing time in there, too.”

Favorite part about Lincoln that isn’t on campus?

“I’ll probably say the Haymarket and the Railyard is pretty cool, too.”

What position will you play?

“I’m thinking offensive tackle.”

What number do you want to wear?

Brant Banks entered the transfer portal so hopefully I can get 74.”
I feel like an insider since I’m good friends with grandpa Dave…….:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds