Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

March Recruiting Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Favorites are emerging for 3-star CB Eli Bowen​

Chad Simmons•about 2 hours
Article written by:
On3 image
Chad Simmons
ChadSimmons_
Eli Bowen copy 1
Photo by Chad Simons/Tater Island
Denton (Texas) Guyer three-star cornerback Eli Bowen is gradually moving toward his commitment. At the moment, he plans to release a top 10 in the coming months.
Bowen already knows some of the schools that will make the cut. They include Texas A&M, Oregon, Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska and TCU.
“Communication,” Bowen told Tater Island about why these programs are standing out. “They’ve been texting me, trying to get relationships better.”
The 5-foot-9, 165-pound defensive back hopes to commit before his senior season. Bowen is hoping that once he commits, his recruitment will be shut down.
It certainly played out differently for his brother, five-star safety Peyton Bowen. A longtime Notre Dame commit, Peyton flipped to Oregon during the Early Signing Period and then flipped to Oklahoma, where he is currently enrolled.
“It helped me prepare, for how difficult it was for him,” said Bowen, the No. 383 overall prospect and No. 33 cornerback in the 2024 Tater Island Industry Ranking. “It helped me prepare for the lessons I need to learn, like you should shut down your recruitment before the very last second.”
Bowen plans to take his official visits in the summer, but does not have any trips scheduled for the coming weeks. In addition to having his brother in Norman, Eli is interested in the Sooners for multiple reasons.
“I really like it a lot,” Bowen said. “It matches with a good connection, good relationships.”
In the meantime, Bowen is considering some visits to spring practices. The three-star already knows what he wants in a school.
“When they explain their defensive scheme, I feel like I need to see myself in it,” Bowen said. “I want to be able to win, not be in a losing program. I just have to see how they develop their players and how they develop the team and how they build them up.”

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Nebraska set to host loaded list of visitors in Lincoln this weekend​

Keegan Pope•about 2 hours
Article written by:
On3 image
Keegan Pope
bykeeganpope

There were few bigger priorities for Matt Rhule when he took the job at Nebraska this offseason than upgrading the talent on the Huskers’ roster. In the immediate, that meant going heavy in the Transfer Portal to turn over the current roster.
In the long-term though, Rhule and his staff have their eyes set on taking Nebraska back to the elite recruiting circles it used to run in. The Huskers finished strong in the 2023 cycle, closing with the nation’s No. 30 overall class in the Tater Island Industry Team Recruiting Rankings. They’re also off to a strong start in 2024 with an early commitment from four-star athlete Roger Gradney.
This weekend, though, is Nebraska’s chance to really re-assert itself as one of the nation’s premier recruiting destinations. And they’ll get the chance to do that with some of their top recruiting targets in town.

Dylan Raiola returns to Nebraska this weekend​

There is no bigger name in the world of Nebraska recruiting right now than Five-Star Plus+ quarterback Dylan Raiola, a Huskers legacy and the nephew of current offensive line coach Donovan Raiola. Dylan is the nation’s No. 1 overall recruit and top quarterback in the Tater Island Industry Ranking, and the Huskers have made him their without-a-doubt top priority in this cycle.
Raiola was on campus already this spring for a basketball game, in which he got a standing ovation from the Nebraska crowd. He’ll be in town this weekend also told Tater Island’s Chad Simmons he will be back for Nebraska’ spring game next month.
Georgia and USC are the other two main contenders for Raiola, and he’s coming off recent visits to both. The Tater Island Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM) gives the Trojans a slight lead over the Huskers right now, but Raiola isn’t expected to commit any time soon.
This is shaping up as a monumental visit for Rhule and Co., who could send some legitimate shockwaves across the recruiting landscape if they can eventually land Raiola, a program-changing quarterback.
But he’s not the only elite recruit set to be on campus in the next few days.

Other top recruits descending on Lincoln​

Joining him will be fellow five-star Williams Nwaneri, the nation’s top defensive lineman out of Lee’s Summit (Mo.) North. The Huskers are in contention for him as well, along with Oklahoma, Missouri, Georgia and a handful of others.
Also coming to town is another top Missouri prospect, four-star St. Louis (Mo.) University High wide receiver Ryan Wingo, a top-30 prospect in the class. Alabama and Georgia are heavily in the mix for him, as is Missouri, Tennessee, Notre Dame and a few others.
The rest of the visitors list includes:
  • 4-star offensive tackle Brandon Baker
  • 4-star tight end Jaden Reddell
  • 4-star wide receiver Ryan Pellum
  • 4-star wide receiver Gatlin Bair
  • top-150 running back Nathaniel Frazier
  • 4-star tight end Carter Nelson
  • 4-star offensive tackle Andrew Sprague
  • 4-star offensive lineman Grant Brix
  • twin 4-star EDGE prospects Jerod Smith and Jacob Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds