Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

March Recruiting Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Hoosier State QB Danny O'Neil commits to Deion Sanders and Colorado​

BySTEVE WILTFONG 107 minutes ago

Indianapolis (Ind.) Cathedral quarterback Danny O'Neil committed to Deion Sanders and Colorado during a return trip to campus on Monday. The Hoosier State standout chose to play for the Buffaloes over the likes of Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville and Purdue among others.

“I just think the people there really sold it for me,” O’Neil told 247Sports. He built a close relationship with offensive coordinator Sean Lewis. “Obviously it’s a beautiful place and a lot of hype there with Coach Prime but being able to connect with Coach Prime and Coach Lewis really sold it for me and made it feel like home.”

The 6-foot, 185-pound Lewis becomes commit No. 5 for Sanders and the Buffaloes in the 2024 recruiting cycle, as the program rises four spots to No. 16 in the 247Sports Composite Team Rankings.

“I think my ability to now go recruit some of the top guys in the country and build one of the top classes is going to hopefully lead to championships in a few years,” O’Neil said.

O’Neil loves his potential playing for Lewis.

“I just think his offense is very explosive and it’s going to be something very fun to play in and I think the situation is a good one being able to compete after Shedeur (Sanders) leaves,” O’Neil said. “He had Jimmy Garoppolo in his system a few years ago (at Eastern Illinois and he passed for over 5,000 yards and led them to a conference championship, and it’s really exciting and I love the fit.”

O’Neil has been outstanding under center on the prep level throwing for 5,610 yards and 65 touchdowns over the last two seasons including winning a state championship as a sophomore. He has added 19 more rushing scores.

“No. 1 obviously his competitiveness and intelligence are off the charts,” Cathedral head coach Bill Peebles said. “From a prospect’s perspective, his arm talent is as good as there is. There aren’t many guys going into senior year that has the arm talent he has. I think college quarterbacks now, 6-foot and 6-1 quarterbacks are becoming more the norm than the exception. Ten years ago you weren’t going D1 and now things have changed.

“Colorado got a good one for sure.”

O'Neil has been working towards being a Division-I quarterback since elementary school.

“I think it’s going to be a great fit situational wise looking at the roster and obviously his skill set is going to take care of the rest,” Anthony Morelli of X-Factor QB Academy said. “His work ethic is crazy. Since sixth grade he’s been working out with me, four times a week, sometimes five or six depending on the schedule. I don’t see anything slowing him down.

“His ability to prolong the play and make things happen I think is excellent. I think he has really good footwork and outstanding understanding of the game. That’s something the coaches out there have said. Mentally he’s ahead fo the game, that’s all the work we’ve been doing on the board since he’s been with me. He has a quick release and he’s accurate. He’s the total package. I like his arm, his feet and intelligence.”

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

Indianapolis (Ind.) Cathedral quarterback Danny O'Neil committed to Deion Sanders and Colorado during a return trip to campus on Monday. The Hoosier State standout chose to play for the Buffaloes over the likes of Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville and Purdue among others.

“I just think the people there really sold it for me,” O’Neil told 247Sports. He built a close relationship with offensive coordinator Sean Lewis. “Obviously it’s a beautiful place and a lot of hype there with Coach Prime but being able to connect with Coach Prime and Coach Lewis really sold it for me and made it feel like home.”

The 6-foot, 185-pound Lewis becomes commit No. 5 for Sanders and the Buffaloes in the 2024 recruiting cycle, as the program rises four spots to No. 16 in the 247Sports Composite Team Rankings.

“I think my ability to now go recruit some of the top guys in the country and build one of the top classes is going to hopefully lead to championships in a few years,” O’Neil said.

“I just think his offense is very explosive and it’s going to be something very fun to play in and I think the situation is a good one being able to compete after Shedeur (Sanders) leaves,” O’Neil said. “He had Jimmy Garoppolo in his system a few years ago (at Eastern Illinois and he passed for over 5,000 yards and led them to a conference championship, and it’s really exciting and I love the fit.”

O’Neil has been outstanding under center on the prep level throwing for 5,610 yards and 65 touchdowns over the last two seasons including winning a state championship as a sophomore. He has added 19 more rushing scores.

“No. 1 obviously his competitiveness and intelligence are off the charts,” Cathedral head coach Bill Peebles said. “From a prospect’s perspective, his arm talent is as good as there is. There aren’t many guys going into senior year that has the arm talent he has. I think college quarterbacks now, 6-foot and 6-1 quarterbacks are becoming more the norm than the exception. Ten years ago you weren’t going D1 and now things have changed.

O'Neil has been working towards being a Division-I quarterback since elementary school.

“I think it’s going to be a great fit situational wise looking at the roster and obviously his skill set is going to take care of the rest,” Anthony Morelli of X-Factor QB Academy said. “His work ethic is crazy. Since sixth grade he’s been working out with me, four times a week, sometimes five or six depending on the schedule. I don’t see anything slowing him down.

“His ability to prolong the play and make things happen I think is excellent. I think he has really good footwork and outstanding understanding of the game. That’s something the coaches out there have said. Mentally he’s ahead fo the game, that’s all the work we’ve been doing on the board since he’s been with me. He has a quick release and he’s accurate. He’s the total package. I like his arm, his feet and intelligence.”
Why should we care?

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

What’s his gpa and how many years have his parents been married?

Huskers0119

Linebacker
Elite Member

>100% committed to Pitt
>Literally visiting another school within the week to try and get an offer
K

I'm not normally one to rag on kids for taking visits when they're committed but it's been two hours and he's talking about future visit plans to schools he doesn't have offers from yet. If I was Pitt's staff I'd be curious to say the least.

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
Wiltfong on the 247 Sports podcast said that that Williams Nwaneri will be at Nebraska this weekend it was going to be Nebraska than Texas A&M not it’s for sure Nebraska.
Confused Gary Coleman GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds