Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

March Recruiting Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Nebraska is one of 3-star EDGE Willis McGahee IV's top schools after visit​

Chad Simmons•about 3 hours
Article written by:
On3 image
Chad Simmons
ChadSimmons_
Early on in his recruitment, Nebraska was not a school under heavy consideration by Miami (Fla.) Christopher Columbus three-star EDGE Willis McGahee IV. That has changed following a March 20 visit to the Cornhuskers.
While in Lincoln, McGahee watched Nebraska’s first spring practice and met with coaches among many activities. He enjoyed talking with multiple staffers, including head coach Matt Rhule and defensive line coach Terrance Knighton.
“From the minute I got to the facility at 5:30 a.m., all the coaches were showing me love,” McGahee IV told Tater Island. “They all came over and talked with me until practice started. They were asking me all the regular questions. They thought I would be tired waking up that early, but I told them that I have workouts or practice every morning at Columbus at 5:55am, so I’m used to it.
“I liked how Coach Rhule addressed the team before practice started. He told them he knows practice won’t be perfect and that we welcome mistakes. That would’ve taken the edge off for me if that was my first practice. I was impressed with how the coaches were coaching. It’s the type of coaching style I prefer.”
According to the 6-foot-2, 215-pound pass rusher, the Cornhuskers have been in “constant communication” since offering him in January. His interest in Nebraska has grown exponentially since then.
“After visiting Nebraska, they’re definitely one of my top schools now,” said McGahee IV, the No. 399 overall prospect and No. 30 EDGE in the 2024 Tater Island Industry Ranking. “My family and I are going up for the spring game and I will definitely be going on an OV this fall to check them out again. Those Nebraska fans have shown a lot of love as well. They have an awesome fan base.”

McGahee IV felt ‘welcomed’ at Nebraska​

After watching practice, McGahee IV walked around Nebraska’s campus and saw its facilities. He liked how people in different departments were “very friendly” and made him “feel welcomed.”
“The assistant AD gave us a personal tour of the new facility that’s being built next to Memorial Stadium,” McGahee IV said. “It’s not done just yet, but from what I saw and compared to other schools I’ve been to, Nebraska looks like they’re going to have the best facilities in the nation.”
McGahee IV ended his visit by meeting one-on-one with Knighton, linebackers coach Rob Dvoracek and defensive coordinator Tony White. All three coaches told him that his skillset was “perfect” for the JACK position and complemented his explosiveness and athleticism.
While watching film with Dvoracek, Knighton and White, McGahee IV got some tips about what to improve on. The coaches also told him that he reminds them of Haason Reddick.
McGahee IV will be back in Lincoln on April 22, but is visiting a few schools before then. They include Texas (March 25), Florida (April 13), UCF (April 14) and Tennessee (April 15).
When McGahee IV returns, he may catch up again with cornerback Dwight Bootle II and safety Corey Collier. The three-star played with both defensive backs in high school.
“They made things real comfortable there for me and gave me the real story on how those coaches are,” McGahee IV said. “They had nothing but good things to say. They were trying to get me to commit that day.”

Tezzer

Fullback
Elite Member

Nebraska is one of 3-star EDGE Willis McGahee IV's top schools after visit​

Chad Simmons•about 3 hours
Article written by:
Tater Island image
Chad Simmons
ChadSimmons_
Early on in his recruitment, Nebraska was not a school under heavy consideration by Miami (Fla.) Christopher Columbus three-star EDGE Willis McGahee IV. That has changed following a March 20 visit to the Cornhuskers.
While in Lincoln, McGahee watched Nebraska’s first spring practice and met with coaches among many activities. He enjoyed talking with multiple staffers, including head coach Matt Rhule and defensive line coach Terrance Knighton.
“From the minute I got to the facility at 5:30 a.m., all the coaches were showing me love,” McGahee IV told Tater Island. “They all came over and talked with me until practice started. They were asking me all the regular questions. They thought I would be tired waking up that early, but I told them that I have workouts or practice every morning at Columbus at 5:55am, so I’m used to it.
“I liked how Coach Rhule addressed the team before practice started. He told them he knows practice won’t be perfect and that we welcome mistakes. That would’ve taken the edge off for me if that was my first practice. I was impressed with how the coaches were coaching. It’s the type of coaching style I prefer.”
According to the 6-foot-2, 215-pound pass rusher, the Cornhuskers have been in “constant communication” since offering him in January. His interest in Nebraska has grown exponentially since then.
“After visiting Nebraska, they’re definitely one of my top schools now,” said McGahee IV, the No. 399 overall prospect and No. 30 EDGE in the 2024 Tater Island Industry Ranking. “My family and I are going up for the spring game and I will definitely be going on an OV this fall to check them out again. Those Nebraska fans have shown a lot of love as well. They have an awesome fan base.”

McGahee IV felt ‘welcomed’ at Nebraska​

After watching practice, McGahee IV walked around Nebraska’s campus and saw its facilities. He liked how people in different departments were “very friendly” and made him “feel welcomed.”
“The assistant AD gave us a personal tour of the new facility that’s being built next to Memorial Stadium,” McGahee IV said. “It’s not done just yet, but from what I saw and compared to other schools I’ve been to, Nebraska looks like they’re going to have the best facilities in the nation.”
McGahee IV ended his visit by meeting one-on-one with Knighton, linebackers coach Rob Dvoracek and defensive coordinator Tony White. All three coaches told him that his skillset was “perfect” for the JACK position and complemented his explosiveness and athleticism.
While watching film with Dvoracek, Knighton and White, McGahee IV got some tips about what to improve on. The coaches also told him that he reminds them of Haason Reddick.
McGahee IV will be back in Lincoln on April 22, but is visiting a few schools before then. They include Texas (March 25), Florida (April 13), UCF (April 14) and Tennessee (April 15).
When McGahee IV returns, he may catch up again with cornerback Dwight Bootle II and safety Corey Collier. The three-star played with both defensive backs in high school.
“They made things real comfortable there for me and gave me the real story on how those coaches are,” McGahee IV said. “They had nothing but good things to say. They were trying to get me to commit that day.”
Always Be Closing Alec Baldwin GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds