Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

March Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we know he is at A&M the 25th. But I have reads that the thing lasts 3 days, and some guys are coming for one day, some for two, and some for three. I am still hopeful he is there, say, 3/24.
This was initially my hope as well, but in that interview, he didn't mention Nebraska at all while detailing multiple upcoming visits.

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

Nebraska Recruiting: Getting to know Cameron Lenhardt​

Bryan Mongo •about 17 hours
On3 image
Photo from Cameron Lenhardt

The 2022-23 recruiting class for Nebraska ranks No. 5 in the Big Ten and No. 28 in the nation, according to On3 Consensus Team Rankings. Here is a different look at the recruits who will join the Nebraska roster. This is getting to know the 2023 Nebraska commitment, Cameron Lenhardt.

Name: Cameron Lenhardt

Town (State) High School:
Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy

Position: Edge

Height: 6-foot-3

Weight: 250-pounds

Ranking: Three-star/No. 92 Edge in the country/No.110 player in Florida (On3)

Honors: Team captain (IMG is not in a conference or district)

Other schools visited/considered: Penn State, Michigan State, Maryland, Boston College, Rutgers, Florida, Notre Dame, and Florida State

Commitment date:
January 3rd, 2023

About Cameron​

Where were you born:

“I was born in Staten Island, New York.”

How many siblings? What are their ages:

“I have two siblings. One who’s 15 and the other one’s 20.”

What do you like to do in your free time:

“In my free time, I like to DJ. I like to DJ and I like to play video games. When I was younger, I used to ride horses and I still do to this day.”

What other sports do you play:

“For recreation, I wrestled for like a little minute. I used to go to wrestling because my brother used to wrestle. I would go to clinics with him on weekends and stuff like that during all season. Then I would train, and I would wrestle.”

What is something that no one knows about you/secret talent:

“When I get outside of Staten Island not many people know that I DJ.”

Favorite musical genre and artist:

“I like rap music. I like RnB music. I like that pop house music. I would say some of my favorite artists are this guy named Gunna. I like Lil Baby. I would also say David Guetta.”

Favorite class:

“I would say history.”

Favorite quote:

“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”

Best 2K game:

“2K17.”

Favorite movie:

“Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.”

Favorite show you are watching right now:

“I like Rick and Morty.”

Favorite historical figure:

“I’d probably say Malcolm X just because he’s from New York and I’m from New York.”

Who is your favorite athlete:

“I would say Secretariat, the horse.”

Who is your least favorite athlete:

“Ooh I’m going to have to go with Floyd Mayweather. I’m not a big fan.”

Favorite Jordans:

“Jordan 1’s.”

Favorite lift:

“Squats.”

Kobe or Michael?

“Mike.”

Dunks or Jordans?

“Jordans.”

Playstation or Xbox?

“PlayStation.”

Mexican or Chinese food?

“That’s a toughie. I’ll have to go with Mexican.”

Sweet or sour candy?

“I’m a chocolate person. I don’t really do candies, but I would say sweet then for cookies and stuff.”

Favorite brand of helmet?

“Riddell Speed Flex.”

Celebrity crush?

“I would have to say J-Lo.”

The path to Nebraska for Cameron Lenhardt

Do you have any ties back to the school (family members went there, played there, etc.)?

“My great-uncle graduated from Nebraska. He graduated as a student, and then he went on to become a general in the Army. He finished off a two-star general, and then he became ambassador for Tanzania. He graduated from Nebraska.”

Tell us about your journey through the offer, visiting, and committing:

“Nebraska offered me freshman year, I remember because it was COVID. I remember when I spoke to Coach Dawson because I had never really spoken to him up until September 1st of my junior year. They used to send me letters, then one day randomly, because they usually just send me letters so halfway through junior year, coach Chins texted me. I used to talk to Coach Chins every day. He was just so consistent. I would talk to Coach Chins and Coach Dawson every day.

“Coach Dawson actually came down and watched me practice. I met up with him, I was talking to him. Since Nebraska was so consistent with me, I would talk to Coach Chins almost every day. Coach Dawson came down from Nebraska to come see me. That’s the reason why I took my official visit.

Because I really wasn’t planning on taking an official visit to Nebraska. Because I was, “Hey, what’s in Nebraska?” People, the outsiders looking in, everybody is like, “Oh, Nebraska is just cornfield,” “Nebraska is just that.”

“That’s how I looked at it, but then I was like, I’m going to take this official visit. Why not, they’re paying for me to come out there to see the school. I was like, why not? When I went there, I fell in love with the school. I fell in love with the atmosphere there, the environment, the people, the city, the culture, and the team.

Now going into the summer, because I went in the summer, so later in the summer, I committed. I was committed silently for a month. I publicly put it out there for the first time in August. Then going into the season, the whole thing happened.

“Coach Frost got fired, then coach Chins, and then I decommitted. Then once I decommitted, Coach Joseph became the interim. I had a really good relationship with him too. I spoke to him every week. We just chopped it up. I was still going to take an official visit, even under Coach Joseph and then that whole thing happened.

I was up in the air because I hadn’t talked to anybody from Nebraska for a couple of weeks and I was just unsure. Coach Rhule got the job. One of the first things that coach Rhule did was, offered me, then I built my relationship with coach T Knight, coach Omar Hales, coach Coop, and coach Tony White. I’ll tell you about that too.

“I remember I was talking to coach T Knight when he was on the plane coming to Nebraska from South Carolina. They jumped the gun early, and they were building that relationship with me right away.

“That meant a lot. Now, I was like, “All right.” They locked me in for an official visit, so then I get up there to take my official visit. This is a crazy story. I’m on there on my official visit, and I’m coming down the escalator. I’m coming down the elevator, and I walk out of the hotel; the first person I see is Coach Tony White. Coach Tony White was pushing really hard for me at Syracuse to get me to go to Syracuse, but I never gave Syracuse really the time of day.

“He was pushing really hard. I remember when I was in Nebraska that I walked out the hotel, and then the first person I saw was coach Tony White. He said to me, “Cam, I’ve been waiting for this.” I couldn’t even say anything but smile and just give him a big hug. Then later, we just chopped it up, things like that. It really is my relationship with all the coaches, I love Nebraska. I knew I was going to Nebraska. I committed on my second official visit to Coach Rhule.

“It was just crazy before signing day. A lot of stuff changed. A lot of stuff happens. A lot of kids flipped. A whole bunch of crazy stuff happens before signing day. Maryland had come up; they were convincing me hard to take an official visit. I wasn’t planning on it before, I was like, no, no, no. Then I said, “Okay; why not?” Because I’ve only taken two official visits to Nebraska, and I had three left. I might as well get the experience.

“I took an official visit to Maryland, then I came back home. I was like “Okay, I’m going to make a pros and cons list.” In the end, it boiled out to three schools before signing day. It was Maryland, Nebraska, and there’s one more school, which I don’t want to name them. It boiled down to these three schools. I was up until 2:00 AM. I sat there, and I wrote a pros and cons list. What was best for me was Nebraska. I was all like, “All right, this is what I’m going to do.

“I signed on signing day, and I kept it quiet until the All-American game, so that’s what they did. It was crazy because I was on Twitter, and I was scrolling then I saw a picture a Nebraska fan tweeted. They had taken a picture of the school’s directory, and it was of my name because I had registered in the school. They had found my name in the school website and things like that. They were like, “He’s already locked in.”

What other schools were you considering when you committed:

“Maryland, Nebraska, and a school that I don’t want to say. They had used all of their official visits. I couldn’t go up for an official visit, and they were playing a waiting game with me. They said, “All right, we’re going to give you to this day, and we’re going to let you know what our plan is, blah, blah, blah.” I was like, “OK,” and waited patiently.

“Then it was signing day, and they had given me an offer, and then last minute it was like it came down to crucial hours. It was 11:00 at night, the night before signing day, and I had a phone call with them, and the phone call didn’t really go too well. That’s why I don’t really want to name them.”

What did you know about Nebraska before they offered:

“For me, it was my dad. Every time I get an offer from a school, my dad gives me a history lesson about the school. My dad would call me, and he was like, “Think about how Alabama is now. That’s how Nebraska used to be back when I was younger”, and things like that. They are always known for having a defense. He would always give me historical facts and stuff like that. I knew that Nebraska used to be a powerhouse back then under Tom Osborne.”

Was there anything about Nebraska that surprised you on your visit:

“Being from New York and listening to what people have told me, I thought that Nebraska was just farms and cornfields and stuff like that until I got to Omaha, and then I drove to Lincoln and then the college town, and then you got the Haymarket, and you’ve got all these areas. I was shocked. It was like, “Okay, Nebraska isn’t just cornfields.”

Favorite part about Lincoln that isn’t on campus:

“One time, they took us on a tour of this building, which was a big building. I went to the roof, and then I could see Memorial Stadium in the background. You could see the whole city of Lincoln because it was a big building, and then you could see the city of Lincoln. That was probably one of my favorite things because I got to see Memorial Stadium lit up, and then I got to see the whole city of Lincoln just for what it is.”

What do you look forward to the most when it comes to your life as a Husker:

“I look forward to really playing in the stadium filled with 90,000 people. Just putting on and just balling out, and I would say being a role model to just kids who grew up being Nebraska fans and have those people that really look up to me, that really influences me a lot.”

What is the plan for year one:

“Garrett Nelson and Caleb Tanner are done, so that position is really open. My true goal is to get up there and compete and to try and earn that starting spot.”

What position will you play:

“A unique thing about me is that I’ve played multiple positions. I played three-technique this season. I’ve played outside linebacker. I’ve played defensive end. I even played inside linebacker in the spring. I will be the hybrid guy who could play outside linebacker, and I could play end. Then I also could play a 4i.”

What number do you want to wear:

“I’ve been number six my whole life, but I haven’t figured out my whole number situation just yet.”

Will you be back again in the spring for a visit:

“I am enrolling in the spring.”

On3 National still has Nwaneri visiting next weekend. His teammate, Isaiah Mozee, is also scheduled to come (at least he is according to 247). Isaiah's Dad is Jamar Mozee. He is the HC of Lee's Summit North - and a former running back at OU. Remember Cayden Green last year? He was the highly ranked OT that seemingly really liked Nebraska but his selection of OU was never in doubt. He was also from Lee's Summit North. Now I understand why On3 has Nwaneri as a heavy OU lean. He has visited OU 3 times so far. Isaiah is uncommitted but listed as 100% OU by 247.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back