Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

March Recruiting Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

The Huskers are expecting to have prospects in town for the first spring practice under Matt Rhule.

McGahee is excited to meet everyone.

“I‘ve talked to all of the coaches a bunch of times over the phone but I haven’t met most them in person so I’m looking forward to that. I’m looking forward to seeing the coaches in action and how they run their practices. Coach Coop told me they just finished a bunch of new facilities so I want to see those as well.”

Massey told me what he is looking forward to about the visit too.

“Meeting face to face with coaches. Talking with the O-line and observing how practices are at Nebraska.”

There could be more guys that pop up as well. Rhule really wants to get aggressive with these practice visits.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
247 Evaluation of McGahee

“A stand-up edge rusher with strong bloodlines that can get after the quarterback. Totaled 13 sacks as a junior while playing in one of the Sunshine State’s higher classifications and was credited with nearly two dozen more pressures. Size hasn’t been verified in a few years, but is built more like a linebacker than a traditional defensive end. Might lack the desired reach, but makes up for his lack of length with his burst and ability to change directions. Experienced in hand-to-hand combat and can win with a handful of different moves out on the perimeter. Must, however, continue to keep evolving as a corner attacker if he’s going to reach his full potential and learn how to bring it every single snap. Tweener measurables might not be for everyone, but naturally lower center of gravity combined with an adequate get-off is certainly promising. Could likely be deployed in a variety of different defensive schemes, but skill set might be best suited for a “Jack” role in a 3-4 front. Will only add more value if he can drop back into coverage and consistently make a difference at the second level.”

I believe he is moving from Edge to LB at his new school this fall

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
247 Evaluation of McGahee

“A stand-up edge rusher with strong bloodlines that can get after the quarterback. Totaled 13 sacks as a junior while playing in one of the Sunshine State’s higher classifications and was credited with nearly two dozen more pressures. Size hasn’t been verified in a few years, but is built more like a linebacker than a traditional defensive end. Might lack the desired reach, but makes up for his lack of length with his burst and ability to change directions. Experienced in hand-to-hand combat and can win with a handful of different moves out on the perimeter. Must, however, continue to keep evolving as a corner attacker if he’s going to reach his full potential and learn how to bring it every single snap. Tweener measurables might not be for everyone, but naturally lower center of gravity combined with an adequate get-off is certainly promising. Could likely be deployed in a variety of different defensive schemes, but skill set might be best suited for a “Jack” role in a 3-4 front. Will only add more value if he can drop back into coverage and consistently make a difference at the second level.”

I believe he is moving from Edge to LB at his new school this fall
Hopefully we can get some more peer recruiting from Dwight Bootle they were at the same high school last year. He did the same with Cory Collier last cycle who is also from the same high school and that worked out.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Quick Dae'vonn Hall update. In passing, I asked Dae'vonn if him and Dylan are committing this weekend. He said, "Oh no." He then said he might not even go to Nebraska this next weekend and might go to Houston.

I was talking with his dad a little later and said something to him about his comments. And he said that they will be at Nebraska. He said he is a little frustrated with Nebraska though because they are constantly reaching out to him. He said that Dae'vonn is the strong silent type and really doesn't like all of the attention and it gets to be too much for him when coaches are CONSTANTLY reaching out.

He said that they had a really good visit to Penn St a few weeks back and still really like Penn St. That being said, faith is going to play a factor here. His dad said that he is uncertain how important faith is to Franklin and it seems to be important to Rhule. Lastly, he said that Dae'vonn is probably looking to commit around September or even a little later.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Quick Dae'vonn Hall update. In passing, I asked Dae'vonn if him and Dylan are committing this weekend. He said, "Oh no." He then said he might not even go to Nebraska this next weekend and might go to Houston.

I was talking with his dad a little later and said something to him about his comments. And he said that they will be at Nebraska. He said he is a little frustrated with Nebraska though because they are constantly reaching out to him. He said that Dae'vonn is the strong silent type and really doesn't like all of the attention and it gets to be too much for him when coaches are CONSTANTLY reaching out.

He said that they had a really good visit to Penn St a few weeks back and still really like Penn St. That being said, faith is going to play a factor here. His dad said that he is uncertain how important faith is to Franklin and it seems to be important to Rhule. Lastly, he said that Dae'vonn is probably looking to commit around September or even a little later.
We need to get this intel to the staff!

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

He could be an adult and use his communication skills to let them know how he feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds